[Archive] Forgefire's Drawn Dwarfs

Forgefire:

thanks mate :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Forgefire:

Thought id show something i did for school a few years back. Bases on my concept of a dawi zharr shadow mage. And a random chaos dwarf portrait i also did back in the day.

Forgefire:

I should write a description for my thoughts also. I always imagined the chaos dwarfs schools of magic as being totally separated.  And the school of shadow as being ultra secretive. Now one  knows the shadow wizards identity’s  they are all selected because of their aptitude in spellcasting and because of their fierce loyalty to the dawi zharr. They can probably be initiates or novices in the death, metal or fire school, recruited to keep track of the powerstructure in the schools.
 * EDIT; They all wear the same masks. Which i dont support usually! :smiley: masks that is. A true Dawi Zharr wears a hat!

Their main role in the dawi zharr society is to monitor treachery and heresy. They keep countless agents within the slave population to counter any uprising before its too late and also a careful watch upon the upper priesthood of hashut. Those deemed lacking in the eyes of the shadow caste WILL meet a discreet death. Often falling from the great walls of the ziggurat or having a sudden fatal illness.

heres my deviant profile also. thought i could do a bit of self promoting here without the shadowmancers backstabbing me http://jlewenhagen.deviantart.com Forgive me beer-brothers.

DAGabriel:

Just found this thread, cool work!

Have some slaves to help you!

Forgefire:

thanks you!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Forgefire:

Hey all. Finished a new dawi zharr work recently i thought i’d share. Was gonna wait for a new issue of WoH to come out first but i am too impatient. :wink:

Anyways here it is:

Admiral:

Magnificient painting! You don’t always see a combination of ashen colours and colourful uniforms, but here we have it, and it work. :cheers

Carcearion:

I�?Tm a huge fan of your work, but it only now occurred to me I have never posted here on your main forum thread!

The work you do is very refreshing to see (in the sea of overly modern stylized/cartoonish fantasy artwork we seem to be beset on all sides with these days), and a welcome reminder of other more contemporary style and design periods in fantasy art that I remember pouring over in old Advanced Dungeons & Dragons books as a child. The edge of gritty realism and detail even makes the ever cherished (but admittedly usually fairly silly) big hats look like a believable piece of foreign headgear.

I hope we see you doing more Dawi Zharr pieces in the future (in Word of Hashut, as more illustrated stories, or just other pieces you decide to share with us on the forum), and thanks for what you have turned out so far.

To other members who might not have seen much of Forgefire�?Ts work I�?Td recommend following the link to his Deviantart page and poking around, theirs an awful lot more then what is showcased just in this thread.

:hat off

Forgefire:

Thank you for the kind words Carcearion! A pleasure to read :hat off .

I have recently gotten my old Dawi Zharr itch back, i cant let it go to long without drawing one of them buggers so my next project will probably be something

of that nature.

Admiral showed me the The Ninth Age project a while back and i have jumped onboard that project as an artist and so far it has taken up much of the drawing time

i get after work. But it has been fun so far and im hoping i’l get to work a bit on Infernal Dwarf rule book as a result :smiley:

Forgefire:

Hey guys! Thought i could update this with another dwarf ive done recently. Sadly he is not a chaos dwarf but could maybe pass as a marauder era one :).

I have done another chaos dwarf which i hope to post here someday soon! :slight_smile:

Carcearion:

WOW! That�?Ts an amazing illustration! Great use of color. The creepiness of his helms expression, and that eyeball seal on his armor does have a bit of a marauder vibe.

Can�?Tt wait to see the Dawi Zharr your cooking up!

Abecedar:

I agree, very well done

Forgefire:

Thank you sirs! :hat off

dncswlf:

Wow! Holy Hashut these are gorgeous! I love all of them, but that last chap you just posted is my favorite! I am a 80’s Dawi Zharr guy all the way! Kudos!