[Archive] Forgeworld CD pics from GD

Grimstonefire:

The front cover and the land ship

[attachment=2288]

Fequiil:

Big hats! :)

Ishkur Cinderhat
:(

p.s. does anybody know about when the release date will be?

Grimstonefire:

Tbh the hats look more like trumpets on their heads… They’d have to go.

@Fequil

I have been told the soonest we can expect this is february, so feb/march/april probably.

Henroth:

This CD engine is awesome! :o

The style is ace and I hope to get this model sometimes! ;)

:hashut

Zanko
ALELUYA ! :) :) :) :cheers :cheers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76RrdwElnTU&feature=related

Already it was time that it was appearing a little of the Chaos Dwarfs. :D

Finally a happiness. :hat off

Grimstonefire:

From BOLS. There are more of the empire and nurgle things for anyone interested.

clam:

:o :o :o

This is epic news.

WfB goes steam punk ;)  - but I can’t help thinking ‘Warmachine’ when I see this.

Any close up of the crew - cause yes, there is a very big helmet on one of them (EDIT - thanks Grim :wink: )

This one is also cool - very Tenderiser-ish:

And god I love that Land Ship :smiley:

I need £300 very, very soon :smiley:

nitroglysarine:

I like some of it, not a big fan of that style of hat. love the machines, but maybe a bit over tech?

maybe?

Henroth:

Hmmm…

Now all the new Chaos Dwarfs have small horns. :hashut

Baggronor:

Well, its about bloody time :cheers

Ok, I’m going to have to buy that steam engine. Its just got to be done. And its not often I say that anymore.

Liking the crew too, slightly relieved they look very different to my Dwarves.

Will have to save up for all this. Wow, I haven’t said that in years :o

Pyro Stick:

Some really cool stuff there. But the first thing i thought was “Damn thats huge. FW will have a massive price on it”. Im still very impressed with what im seeing and it was definately worth the wait. Im not even bothered that they went the steam punk route instead of the deamon binding route. Looks like ill need to start saving now though.

secret apprentice:

Ok,i hadn’t seen the train yet… that is absolutly amazing…

I was happy with the other two war machines but this is incredible!

:cheers

zhatan87:

Awesome work!

Why should be the use of the steam machine? No idea but the steam skullcraker is nice!

As the crew and the ingenier!

And they got big hats!:slight_smile: (and little horns:))

Canix:

GW are really excelling themselves with this years releases CD and 40k DE .It looks like they are catering to those of us that prefer having 5-10,000 pts and playing huge games .

The CD are a shock bighats! I love bighats but didn’t in a million years think they would resurface with them.The warmachines are a step beyond my expectations.Cd steamtanks:hat off and a land train ala squats lol.

The huge beasts where expected but in the resin are truely spectacular.I want them all and the Dark Eldar this is going to hurt my wallet for years :hat

Thommy H:

I really like the crew and the Engineer.

Henroth:

Will they sell the CD Engineer separately in Warhammer Forge ?

clam:

Engineer is so 5th that I can’t really believe it. Thought GW hated the Big Hat era - but I see anvils, bull heads, lightning symbols etc. - this is really a epic piece. I really love that old new look.

Hopefully he will be available as a separate piece. No way I’m going to buy the Bombard train - it’s very cool but cant be justified game vice - unless you play 10,000 pt.

Hopefully there will be some more daemonic war machines to come.

Shakhorth:

God it’s amazing stuff! Can’t wait till it’s released and they show the price tag ofc… :smiley:

Thommy H:

Engineer is so 5th that I can't really believe it. Thought GW hated the Big Hat era - but I see anvils, bull heads, lightning symbols etc. - this is really a epic piece. I really love that old new look.

clam
Well, for one thing it's Forge World - these aren't made by the GW design studio, so this doesn't reflect the prejudices of GW as a whole. Forge World is all about appealing to niche markets; most of their output are tiny variations on Space Marine livery, for example ("hey, this obscure Chapter that's only ever been mentioned in two publications hasn't had shoulder pads made for it yet!") so big hats seems perfectly in line with that.

Also, there are big hats and there are big hats. I don't think it's the big hats per se that got such a backlash back in the day: it's more the way they were implemented. If it looks menacing instead of clownish, it can work. Big hats have just become a scapegoat.

fattdex:

The bighats are reminiscent of the hobgoblin hats also- great sign!

clam:

Sure this isn’t ‘design studio’ - but I’m pretty sure that they are controlled like anything else at GW HQ - and that ‘the look’ have been approved by ‘men in charge’. So it might not be a hole army of Big Hat’s - but doing a Big Hat Engineer gives some hits of what to come.

And yes the appeal to a niche market - like FW does - and FW designs are darn close to GW design studio miniatures. Don’t thing WF will be any different.

The warmachines are a step beyond my expectations.Cd steamtanks:hat off and a land train ala squats lol.

Canix
That’s what happens when you have 40K designers doing WfB :smiley: