[Archive] ForgeWorld FAQ 2.0

Geist:

Since I have been on here I have noticed a fair number of questions and topics that have come up since the first ForgeWorld FAQ got sent out. So in an effort to actually get things that matter addressed and resloved from ForgeWorld here is what I suggest.

We combine every last question that was not clearly defined between main book FAQ and LOA FAQ. IE how exactly does the wound process on the dread quake with slave ogre work both in shooting and hand to hand. Then we all sign it and send it in as a massive petitioned e-mail instead of one or two at a time. So lets have those questions and signatures, starting right after this post, (some one more tech savy than me can combine it all and ship it to ForgeWorld).

deadlydeceiver:

Something like this was already initialised a while ago: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11382&page=1

But noone took the lead to send it over eventually…

So if we’re trying again, we should start by collecting all questions from th previous thread, shouldn’t we?

DD

Geist:

Then import them over and lets get this moving along.

deadlydeceiver:

Alright here you go! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I know that some of these questions have already been answered in personal mails, but IMHO these need to be adressed in the FaQ to be counted as “official”.

As some of those questions are very often discussed in my gaming group, I will send this list to FW by Wednesday next week.

Of course if the members of CDO would like to support this mail or include an additional question, I’d be happy to have this list sent by someone who may speak on behalf of the community/forum, like the last time.

I’m sure that would improve the “outcome” → update for the FaQ

Current Version in Post 54

Bull Centaurs and Spears

Do Bull Centaurs with spears fight in an additional rank (as implied in the rulebook) or are they supposed to get the Strength bonus when charging like cavalry?

Deathsshrieker

Is a hit of the Demolition Rocket of the Deathshrieker on a mounted monster distributed like a cannon/template hit? (meaning both, rider and mount get hit)

If a Deathshrieker Rocket does scatter from their original target and homes towards the closest unit, does it move towards the centre or the closest part/corner of the unit?

Great Taurus

Does the Great Taurus still follow the �?oFlaming Body�?�-rules as per Storm of Magic or does it use the updated rule from the FAQ? If it follows the rules as per Storm of Magic, may it also take the options like the Lammasu?

If a Great or Bale Taurus is accidentally hit by the �?oFlame Storm�?� from the Lore of Fire, does it recover wounds as per �?oFuelled by fire�?�?

Flames of Azgorh

If a mounted monster is hit by the Flames of Azgorh, is the Toughness test randomized or get both parts hit?

Does the model under the hole of the template get to take a �?oLook Out, Sir!�?�-roll for the Toughness test?

Giant Wolf

Does the Giant Wolf confer the �?oFast Cavalry�?�-Special Rule upon the Hobgoblin Khan, as indicated in the Orc and Goblin Armybook?

Iron Daemon

May the Iron Daemon pivot before it “engages the boiler”?

Hellcannon

Does the Hellcannon enable a Daemonsmith to take his special �?oInfernal Engineer�?�-�?oLook Out, Sir!�?�-Roll?

Dreadquake Mortar

How does wound allocation work with a Dreadquake Mortar that got upgraded with a slave ogre and/or Hellbound? Can the ogre �?odie�?� and thus the reloading bonus be lost?
Best DD

Samanos:

If the Deathshrieker Rockets do scatter from their original target and home towards the next unit may it move to far and overshoot the potential new target?

deadlydeceiver
yes they overshoot, i believe tamurkhan mentions that the template has to move the whole distance rolled even if it overshoots

deadlydeceiver:

Whoops! My bad! That comes from copy and pasting and just checking the FaQ :hat off
(Q deleted)

DD

nicque-ta-mare:

Deathsshrieker
Is a hit of the Demolition Rocket of the Deathshrieker on a mounted monster distributed like a template hit? (meaning both, rider and mount get hit)
... I thought templates randomise and cannons hit both... but yeah curious.
I know the Iron Demon movement rules have already been dealt with EXTENSIVELY in the forum but I would still like to FAQ whether it can pivot before it engages boilers

deadlydeceiver:

Templates only randomise the strong hit, but both parts are hit. But I’ll add the cannon reference…

and the Iron Daemon movement.

DD

GodHead:

Deathsshrieker
Is a hit of the Demolition Rocket of the Deathshrieker on a mounted monster distributed like a cannon/template hit? (meaning both, rider and mount get hit)
The marker is treated as a template. It hits both/every part of a model at its full Strength. The only time you randomize template hits on monsters is when the hole is a higher Strength. Our template is all the same Strength. No need to ask.
If a Great or Bale Taurus is accidentally hit by the �?oFlame Storm�?� from the Lore of Fire, does it recover wounds as per �?oFuelled by fire�?�?
Being the target of a spell is not the same as accidentally being hit by it. No need to ask.
Does the Giant Wolf confer the �?oFast Cavalry�?�-Special Rule upon the Hobgoblin Khan, as indicated in the Orc and Goblin Armybook?
Our army book is not the Orc and Goblin army book. No need to ask.
Does the Hellcannon enable a Daemonsmith to take his special �?oInfernal Engineer�?�-�?oLook Out, Sir!�?�-Roll?
A Monster and Handler isn't a War Machine. There shouldn't need to be a reason to ask, but FW already screwed up by letting a Daemonsmith re-roll a Hellcannon shot.

Also, we should really, really, really

Da Crusha:

@godhead: I still think the questions need to be asked. a simple yes/ no answer would suffice and what harm would it do to ask?

I wrote this in the other thread. I think it should be added to the proposal.

Here is another one that I dont think was covered. when a character with the Black Hammer of Hashut wounds a flammable mutli-wound unit such as treekin, how many wounds are inflicted for combat results? does one treekin die for every wound dealt?

Da Crusha
also I remember a discussion about the deathshrieker rocket and its realigning shot. the book says if the shot misses its target it should go an artillery die towards the nearest friend or foe unit. in the thread it was discussed how the move was abusable and it should say something like “towards the center of the nearest unit, friend or foe” this would prevent someone from allowing it to deviate over a unit in such a way to hit a different unit or something to that effect.

The Besieger:

Also, we should really, really, really

GodHead
No need also this is a FAQ post no change to rules post

Hashut’s Blessing:

Bull Centaurs and Spears
Do Bull Centaurs with spears fight in an additional rank (as implied in the rulebook) or are they supposed to get the Strength bonus when charging like cavalry?

deadlydeceiver
An additional rank - there is nothing that even vaguely/remotely suggests otherwise. Unnecessary question.
Deathsshrieker

If a Deathshrieker Rocket does scatter from their original target and homes towards the closest unit, does it move towards the centre or the closest part/corner of the unit?

deadlydeceiver
It is treated as a template hit. Because it's a template hit.

This question stands - personally, it should be towards the centre, but it's a vlaid question for an FAQ update, IMO.
Great Taurus
Does the Great Taurus still follow the �?oFlaming Body�?�-rules as per Storm of Magic or does it use the updated rule from the FAQ? If it follows the rules as per Storm of Magic, may it also take the options like the Lammasu?

deadlydeceiver
It uses the Tamurkhan rule because it is explained in the Tamurkhan book. It has no access to the Storm of Magic updates because it doesn't say to use the Storm of Magic rules for it and the Divergent Origins rule in Storm of Magic allows us to know the options aren't added into other books automatically.

Yes, it receives wounds. Anything hit by a vortex is the target of the spell. it still suffers the effects, but also has Fuelled by Fire take affect.

Add in a question of "Does the Lammasu have access to the upgrade options from Storm of Magic?" for completeness.
Flames of Azgorh
If a mounted monster is hit by the Flames of Azgorh, is the Toughness test randomized or get both parts hit?

Does the model under the hole of the template get to take a �?oLook Out, Sir!�?�-roll for the Toughness test?

deadlydeceiver
Same as any other template.

Same as any other template - so yes.
Giant Wolf

deadlydeceiver
A fair enough question due to precedent, but the RAW is clearly no - the Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders unit has the Fast cavalry special rule, rather than specifically the mounts they are on. Still worth asking, IMO.
Iron Daemon
May the Iron Daemon pivot before it "engages the boiler"?

deadlydeceiver
No. It specifically states "It may not turn". There is NO question about that. It states categorically that it can't during the move and turning, even at the start, is part of its move. This is perhaps the most unnecessary question on the list and, perhaps, of all time. Ask if you dare, but in my utterly unhumble at this point opinion, it discredits the value of asking all the other questions.
Hellcannon

deadlydeceiver
This one is worth asking because it's tricky - it isn't a warmachine,b ut he does grant a re-roll to it. RAW, he can't. RAI, that's wherein the debate lies. I'd say yes because of his ability to re-roll.
Dreadquake Mortar
How does wound allocation work with a Dreadquake Mortar that got upgraded with a slave ogre and/or Hellbound? Can the ogre �?odie�?� and thus the reloading bonus be lost?

deadlydeceiver
The latter half of this question is unnecessary - it states "Unless a Slave Ogre is present...". Ergo, if he's there, you don't take the test and if he's there (not bought/died), then you do take the test. However, the first part is incredibly apt and, IMO, the most necessary reason for an FAQ update there is. That being said, I'd reword it slightly - maybe something like, "In what order are wounds removed from a Dreadquake Mortar with the Slave Ogre and/or Hellbound upgrades? The current assumption is that Hellbound is removed first, followed by individual Chaos Dwarf wound markers and the slave Ogre last (due to the rule of whole models being removed where possible and the machine not being able to be fired by the Hellbound rule with no crew)."

GodHead:

Yes, it receives wounds. Anything hit by a vortex is the target of the spell. it still suffers the effects, but also has Fuelled by Fire take affect
No and No.

Fueled by Fire:
A Grat Taurus cannot be wounded by spells from the Lore of Fire. In addition, if the Great Taurus is the target of a successfully cast spell from the Lore of Fire, it immediately regains D3 wounds lost earlier in the battle.

A.) It can not be wounded. So it does not receive wounds. It does not suffer the effects of the spell.
B.) It wasn't targeted so it does not regain any wounds.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Godhead: It still suffers the effects - which it ignores because of its own special rules. Anything hit by a vortex is a target of the vortex, so it does regain wounds.

Da Crusha:

you see guys? if we are having debates over the rules then they should be asked.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Da Crusha - the debate in this instance is over the wording of the vortex rules, not over the wording of Fuelled By Fire. The vortex targets anything it touches, whereas GodHead is saying it isn’t - that’s wherein the question lies, which is why it doesn;t fit the Tamurkhan: Legions of Azgorh FAQ update.

Yodrin:

you see guys? if we are having debates over the rules then they should be asked.

Da Crusha
Agree!

Better to ask 10 questions to manny, than 1 to few...... imho.

GodHead:

Firestorm isn’t a Vortex.

It’s a direct damage spell…

There’s no question.

Lol.

Bolg:

Oeh I love reading this tread!

While actively playing CD’s a tournaments a lot I came up with a few good questions, I should have written them down. I’ll read the book a gain and see of some pop up.

Time of Madness:

I sent the origional questions in to Forgeworld for the first FAQ, which were collected on this site in a specific thread.

The one thing to remember is they picked and chose what ones to answer. I think we ended up getting half of the questions that were sent in answered on the first FAQ.

They also used the questions exactly how they were written. So you will want to make sure each question is clear/concise or they won’t use it.

Hope that helps, I’d like to see an update as well.

It may be worth re-asking how the blazing body rules work for the Destroyer to see if they change the answer :slight_smile: haha

Time of Madness

Time of Madness