[Archive] Forgeworld K'Daai Destroyer (kind of... ;)

Dom:

I just thought I would post a couple of pics of my forgeworld K’Daai destroyer! Well, technically it is a forgeworld Khorne Bloodslaughterer with some greenstuff flames to cover up the worst of the pipes, but I think it deputises nicely. At the very least in comparison to the actual forgeworld wip model this one really looks like he has a move of 9 :slight_smile:

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Skink:

Sweet!!! I thought about this conversion myself but in the end decided for the new Chaos Space Marine Maulerfiend. Anyway, it surely looks good mate! Good job! And is light years better than the current Forgeworld WIP…

Mad Dave:

the flames look fantastic dude!

DAGabriel:

Oh…my…god! And I idiot got him stacked away somewhere and didn`t think of him.

Thx for reminding me!

NoisyAssassin:

Holy crap that looks amazing! I too had considered this as the basis for a conversion but opted to go with a slightly more organic look. Yours turned out very well though, and the flames look great! Not too over or underdone. The base looks great too. Do you have pics of anything else in your army?

Zuh-Khinie:

Nice… I use the same model as my destroyer (as you can see in my blog), but your paintjob is a lot better :slight_smile:

Nicodemus:

Awesome first post!! Fantastic job all around. Nice to see the size comparison with the base as well. I had looked at purchasing this model several times and kept coming around to the fact that I didn’t really have a good sense for how large/small it was. If I need a second Destroyer I think I found my inspiration!

Thanks for this!

~N

Zanko:

This is one of the best K’daai Destroyers I have ever seen! :o

Kudos dude! Just amazing! :hat off

:hashut

Grimstonefire:

It certainly fills up the base nicely. Great job.

I’ve also taken a look at this one, but more as an upper body with legs from something.

Dom:

Cheers guys! Pleased you like him. When I saw the model i thought he’d make a decent stand-in, and I kind of like having a custom K’Daai rather than the released one (when they get around to it).

@Zuh-Khinie - nice paint-job on your mate! Great minds think alike! (though fools rarely differ… :wink:

@Noisy Assassin - I’ve been working on an Iron Daemon, and have a couple of wip shots. I have tried to make it look a bit more grimy and dirty than usual, in more of a 40K tank-style (first attempt with an airbrush and weathering powders). I am aiming for the guns themselves to look like they’re really hot, but I think I need to get them to stand out a wee bit more. What does everyone think? I am also thinking of a wee bit of bronze (just as they are Chaos Dwarfs and therefore it is kind of compulsory ;), but don’t want it to suddenly look to too bright. Any thoughts appreciated

Blackspine:

this may sound odd;

but your bases are FANTASTIC!

how, where what?

keep up the good work!

DAGabriel:

I've been working on an Iron Daemon, and have a couple of wip shots. I have tried to make it look a bit more grimy and dirty than usual, in more of a 40K tank-style (first attempt with an airbrush and weathering powders). I am aiming for the guns themselves to look like they're really hot, but I think I need to get them to stand out a wee bit more. What does everyone think? I am also thinking of a wee bit of bronze (just as they are Chaos Dwarfs and therefore it is kind of compulsory ;), but don't want it to suddenly look to too bright. Any thoughts appreciated

Dom
I like the over all impression. What I don`t understand is the yellow on the gun barrels, did you intend them to look glowing? In that instance a transfer from metal to red to orange to yellow would IMO be a better effect, perhaps even using a nearly black metal color.
The weathering effect isn`t all to visible which is better than to heavy but I don`t think you intended it in this way? Regarding the very rocky base the wheels could profit from a lot more scratches and a patina of grey dust.
Do you have the "Model Masterclass" book?
They give a really good introduction into heavy weathering.

Dom:

Cheers Blackspine, they are actually really easy to do. I just got some slate (it was originally some kind of candle holder thingy, but in essence just a piece of slate about half a cm thick), smashed it up, then stuck bits on the base (using some PVA glue and sand to blend things in a bit). Painting is just a grey undercoat (astronimican grey I believe or the equivalent now), a black ink wash and then some grey dry-brushing + white highlights. Really quick!

@DAGabriel - cheers for the comments. Yeah, I was kind of going for the joints of the metal to be glowing and then the barrel starting to hot-up, but the effect doesn’t really look as intended. I think I may go as you suggest and just do the whole thing from red to orange to yellow (including the reinforced banding at the end of the barrel). I was a bit cautious with the weathering powder, as it does darken things down quite a bit and I was nervous of making the model so dark you didn’t really notice it. I like the idea of some grey weathering powder around the wheels though, and some more silver/ white ‘chips’ on the wheels - nice idea!

BABIS:

I just thought I would post a couple of pics of my forgeworld K'Daai destroyer! Well, technically it is a forgeworld Khorne Bloodslaughterer with some greenstuff flames to cover up the worst of the pipes, but I think it deputises nicely. At the very least in comparison to the actual forgeworld wip model this one really looks like he has a move of 9 :)

Dom
you have to remove the khorne symbols!! Hashut hates khorne!!

Zuh-Khinie:

No he doesn’t… well, he might, but he doesn’t seem to have a problem with his minions building stuff for Khorne and his followers (like the juggernauts). So why would he have a problem with other machines, or the fact that the CD might fieldtest them first?

Skink:

No he doesn't... well, he might, but he doesn't seem to have a problem with his minions building stuff for Khorne and his followers (like the juggernauts). So why would he have a problem with other machines, or the fact that the CD might fieldtest them first?

Zuh-Khinie
Heretic ;)

Dom:

Exactly :wink: - I am just field testing the Destroyer for my Warriors of Chaos Army (ah, if only ;). I actually green stuffed over one symbol, then got bored and decided that Khornate symbols weren’t too bad for a Hashut machine… Maybe that could explain the failed toughness tests - Hashut is punishing him… :wink:

BABIS:

... Hashut is punishing him... ;)

Dom
for sure!! ;)

tjub:

Looks great!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.