[Archive] Forgeworld orders

imNOTgimliDAMMIT:

Just placed my first Forgeworld order with Frontline Gaming and am wondering how fellow hobbyists in the US get their FW fix. Is there a US based company that have FW models in stock or do they all have to a place orders?  Is there also any company that offers discounts on FW stuff like some do with GW? Any input will be appreciated.

ryanamandaanna:

For the most part, you have to order directly from FW to get their products, which means paying shipping and VAT. Exceptions include buying things second hand from ebay, buying directly from FW at a Games Workshop event, such as Gamesday, or buying directly through a bunker. I believer there are only two bunkers, maybe 3 in the U.S… where are you located?

imNOTgimliDAMMIT:

For the most part, you have to order directly from FW to get their products, which means paying shipping and VAT.  Exceptions include buying things second hand from ebay, buying directly from FW at a Games Workshop event, such as Gamesday, or buying directly through a bunker.  I believer there are only two bunkers, maybe 3 in the U.S... where are you located?

ryanamandaanna
Actually I'm only 1-2 hours from the Chicago Bunker in Downers Grove Il. I know they can order GW stuff to bypass shipping, but didn't think they could do the same with FW. I'll have to give them a call. Thanks.

Time of Madness:

Yes, bunkers can order Forgeworld items.

However, you may be better off on ebay. I just picked up a boat load of Forge World items at a fairly reduced cost, paying less then retail. Here is an auction for example.

CLICK ME FOR LINK TO AUCTION

The only thing you need to worry about on ebay is recasts. The seller above is a legitimate seller. I’ve bought from him in the past with no issues. All the forgeworld kits come brand new in the forgeworld packaging (plastic bag).

Time of Madness

imNOTgimliDAMMIT:

However, you may be better off on ebay. I just picked up a boat load of Forge World items at a fairly reduced cost, paying less then retail. Here is an auction for example.

The only thing you need to worry about on ebay is recasts. The seller above is a legitimate seller. I've bought from him in the past with no issues. All the forgeworld kits come brand new in the forgeworld packaging (plastic bag).

Time of Madness

Time of Madness
Thanks for the referral ToM, I'll keep an eye on their offerings.

rpitts2004:

False, bunkers are not allowed to order forgeworld anymore. Too many issues with shipments. Source Seattle battle bunker.

When I order forgeworld I wait until I buy over 200 or make a big order with friends to get free shipping really only takes 2 weeks

Vogon:

The only thing you need to worry about on ebay is recasts. The seller above is a legitimate seller. I've bought from him in the past with no issues. All the forgeworld kits come brand new in the forgeworld packaging (plastic bag).

Time of Madness

Time of Madness
I'm glad you have had a good experience with these guys and that might be enough for me to place an order with them. Ordinarily I'd never buy anything from ebay without a picture of the item in question so I can see what I'm buying. I wouldn't even buy something with a stock photo (been burned too many times)

Cheers

Vogon

imNOTgimliDAMMIT:

Time of Madness

Time of Madness
An ebay seller named alexprintposter is selling a Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmiths set for only $20.50 (US) and states that it will be shipped directly from China.... let me guess... knockoff?;P  I've already ordered my Daemonsmiths from Frontline Gaming, but I'm still curious about the quality of these knock-offs and how many people actually resort to them.

ryanamandaanna:

I bought knock-offs once on accident. The quality wasn’t too bad, but it is definitely not the same material as Forge World (a much denser form of resin). I don’t recommend supporting them if you can help it, as encouraging them can lead to serious problems for the gaming industry down the road…

imNOTgimliDAMMIT:

I bought knock-offs once on accident.  The quality wasn't too bad, but it is definitely not the same material as Forge World (a much denser form of resin).  I don't recommend supporting them if you can help it, as encouraging them can lead to serious problems for the gaming industry down the road...

ryanamandaanna
Often it boils down to "You get what you pay for".  Btw... what are the chaos dwarves with the horns in your avatar pic?

ryanamandaanna:

The crew for the Skullcracker: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/CHAOS_DWARFS/CHAOS-DWARF-SKULLCRACKER.html