[Archive] Forgeworld taur'ruk... Influence from

Mrhiggsey:

Is it me… Or does this:

Look quite similar - head-wise at least - to this:

When I saw the taur’ruk preview I thought it seemed familiar somehow…

Gunnerson:

Damn you!! I saw your post and I thought he was available on the site to order today!! :mad :frowning: :cheers

cornixt:

The name looks weird familiar too http://www.chaosdwarf.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=8638

TBH the hat looks pretty similar to some of the old 4th ed hats, so probably not directly influenced.

Yodrin:

Damn you!! I saw your post and I thought he was available on the site to order today!! :mad  :(  :cheers

Gunnerson
Yea :yar, btw, wasent it suppose to be ready to order in July?

Mrhiggsey:

Damn you!! I saw your post and I thought he was available on the site to order today!! :mad  :(  :cheers

Gunnerson
Sorry about that! Didn't mean to get you all riled up like that! :hat off

wallacer:

To be honest I don’t see that much similarity.

When the hell are they releasing the Tau’ruk figure anyway?

Mrhiggsey:

Perhaps ‘influence’ was the wrong word… But seriously? You don’t see even a passing similarity? Not even in head and helmet?!

Nicodemus:

I heard from Forgeworld today that this guy will be available within the next month (late Aug, early Sept).

Better start saving your pocket money!

~N

Yodrin:

I heard from Forgeworld today that this guy will be available within the next month (late Aug, early Sept).

Better start saving your pocket money!
~N

Nicodemus
Nice!!! Think I am going to get two ;)

Geist:

If that is what the taurk is supposed to look even close to like when done, then I am sorry FAIL. First off he suffers the same problem as the other bulls way out of scale with the dwarfs(yes the bulls are big but good god not so grossly out of scale that its as if some one put andre the giant and made him into a centaur). Second off I hate the fact that the head of that taruak has ANYTHING to do with those fugly models form kings of war chaos dwarfs. I demand no car parts on the helmets of ANY of my models. That taurk is just fugly. Sorry forge world on this one it is just fail. Make them to scale and make them less insane looking specially the helmets. No I dont mean insane in the sense of action all over and chaos dwarf I mean insane in how the bodies are and the over all wrongness of it all.

RiTides:

Wow, have you checked the new thread? The official finished pics actually look really good (imo) even though I was unsure about the WIPs.

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13463