[Archive] Forumcampaign?

Fridericus_Rex:

I didn’t sleep well last night, because I was busy onself with a lot of ideas.

Then, around midnight, I had the idea to make a forum campaign.

Something like the NC-campaign.

International campaign. All Players play against someone and the player will tell us his prosperousness/failure.

Maybe somebody will lead this project.

Yes, I know, my idea is realy expandable, but I think it’s a good idea.

Annotation? Please tell me!

Thane Godri GoblinSlayer:

I have had the same idea multipe times, it’s sounds like a really good idea too.  

You could involve ogres and such in the campaign as allies for the chaos dwarfs and probably tons of other stuff.  

Off topic: Sorry for our sort of disagreement a while ago. No hard feelings?

I’m willing to write fluff for the campaign, however who would we fight against.

Fridericus_Rex:

>I have had the same idea multipe times, it’s sounds like a really good idea too.

We had the same idea here. But there wasn’t any implementation. :mad

>You could involve ogres and such in the campaign as allies for the chaos dwarfs and probably tons of other stuff.

Yep. Thought somethink like this too.

>Off topic: Sorry for our sort of disagreement a while ago. No hard feelings?

Doesn’t matter dude. forgive.

> I’m willing to write fluff for the campaign, however who would we fight against

Cool idea.

But I thought we should play against all. In your playercommunity, in your shop or against some friends. Then the CD-player should tell us his result. We’ll record it in a big table and behind 2-3 months we will everything glean and evaluate.
The best Hashut’s warlord will win!:hat

Grimstonefire:

There was a huge amount of work done on a campaign over at CotEC, the 4 chaos stars against each other.

Bearer disappeared just as it was about to begin :frowning: So that never happened.  As I think I was the only one to attempt to register a battle, I claimed it as a moral victory for the Chaos Dwarfs!

The best way to do a campaign like this IMO is to write a system of mechanics whereby people enter results from their everyday battles against any army.  I.e. the fluff would theme us as the focus, but perhaps as part of a larger campaign we never see.  If you get what I mean.

Like looking at the SoC from only the CD point of view, not having us as the sole reason for the campaign.

That way people could enter battles and win, lose or draw against any army it would have an impact.

Unless someone here fancies doing some serious number crunching (mmm tasty ;)), you’d ideally want someone who knows how to set up something online.  Not sure who could do that here?

Fridericus_Rex:

Didn’t understand exactly what you mean. That’s because my bad english.

Ok, your idea is much better than mine. But idk somebody who can lead this campaign. Maybe you, Xander, Willmark or someone else?

Thane Godri GoblinSlayer:

Has cdo ever had it’s own campaign? imo you’d need someone has actually played in a campaign and has experience.  Most cd players have know idea about campagins and stuff.

TheVoice:

Cos I can’t figure out how to quote people on here…

Grim, didn’t the campaign on Cotec last a long time? Or are you talking about a different one? Cos the one I’m thinking of (CD Campaign map, Lagoth) I led the Chaos Dwarf faction, we created a city and everything based upon battle results.