[Archive] French GD : CD list (draft?)

zhatan87:

...What's a Chaos Siege Giant?

aka_mythos
That : http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108466&d=1301855579

aka_mythos:

It's a Giant that Chaos armies use for besieging things.

Thommy H
Gotcha, so its a giant of chaos that are used for attacking cities... thanks.:~;P
...What's a Chaos Siege Giant?

aka_mythos
That : http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108466&d=1301855579

zhatan87
I'm a little underwhelmed.

Galladorn:

No Bolt Throwers…and I got 8.

Yeah…

Ogre_Mage:

I’m trying to turn this into text (then make a pdf), any idea on what the cost was for the heros? There is nothing to work with for the Daemonsmith-Sorcerers.

cornixt:

Sorry, we can’t allow posting pics of the army list or book on this site, too many legal issues with that. Nice to see that we get a decently varied number of units though.

Barth:

Thank you very, very much Zhatan87 :hat off:hat off:hat off

You really make my day :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Galladorn:

I’ve seen alot of mistakes in the text so far.

*Under Bull Centaurs: refers to the champion as a Ba’hal, but under options says that “Deathmask” may have a pistol. Deathmask is not mentioned anywhere in the BC text.

Deathmask is referred to as the Infernal champions in the entry above it.

*Under Lords special character Drazhaoth, it does not give a page number when referencing the Great Taurus.

*Lore of Hashut. Signature spell, voice of hatred, is referred to as Breath of Hatred in the second sentence of the spell.

These are 3 mistakes that I picked up after a few minutes of drooling over the rules. This HAS to be a preliminary list, and not the final version. Unless of course there is no such thing as proof reading.

aka_mythos:

…If you’ve seen FW’s other books they aren’t exactly the best with proof reading, though they will fix spotted errors in later print runs.

Thommy H:

That’s pretty clearly not the final version - you’ll notice it says “see page @@@” in one bit, for example.

Galladorn:

whew

That means I may have a chance to use my bolt throwers in the FW list.

Grimstonefire:

This is going to be a very expensive year… Which feels like it should be a bad thing… But doesn’t really :smiley:

tjub:

I do hope there will be some kinda of slave option…

cornixt:

The photos of the army list is still clearly in flux, in fact this might even be an earlier copy of the rules than the ones on the FW website. There are numerous typos and copy/paste errors, so I don’t expect it to be stable at the moment. I’m sure that the final version will be roughly the same but with many minor differences. I’m of the opinion that GW should release these early versions of army lists to the general public so that players can find the powerbuilds and issues, then they can be addressed before they print up thousands of copies.

Comments on the actual content: I’d prefer HGs to have a the throwing daggers as an option rather than default so I can use my mini-golem models. HG characters can’t be the general! All Sorcerers seem to be Daemonsmiths. The Magic Item names remain pretty much the same! No BTs!

Da Crusha:

hmm very cool update. thanks for posting!

ferrus:

Well sod FW for not adding Immortals units into the list.

Norngahl:

Personally I hope they might change the items a bit… I think all of the items except for the Armour of Bazberak the Cruel (MR2, 2+AS, 50 points) are total or more or less crap.

The mask seems to be nice at first, but you can build the same thing via common magic items for exactly the same point amount. WTF? Then a weapon that gives hatred… no one needs this as the lore of hashut already contains hatred in 12" around the caster. A 70 point KB weapon with once per game usually 3 enemy models suffer a auto wound with no armour saves allowed is kinda poor. Same goes for the hammer of hashut. +2 S and instant death for flammable guys for 45 points is nice, but the sorcerer lord needs to be alive and a castellan needs some more protection… also way to close to the Ogre Blade. The stone mantle (+1 T in exchange for -1 I) might be nice on a sorcerer who could get T7 with it, but CDs don´t lack T but rather solid common protection. Banner of Slavery (Goblins ItP around 12") sounds okay. Chalice of Blood is rather pointless unless you roll high (4+/5+) for the winds of magic. And the Flask (once per gameevery enemy in 18" takes a panic test, warmachines/buildings/chariots take D6 wounds, 100 points) isn´t that cool because then you are left with nothing else on your General…

I really like rules as a whole, but there should be some things to be improved.

1. Change the magic items. 6/8 suck right now.

2. 2nd Lord choice please.

3. Daemonsmith (Lvl1-2)with Lore of Hashut please. Unless you have to buy 2xLvl3 Lords to get the full lore and that´s only possible on 3k…

Btw, IMO the best Lvl4 Sorcerer right now is:

Sorcerer Prophet

+ Lvl4

+ Healing Potion

+ Dragonhelm

+ Talisman of Preservation

= 390

Gives you 3 S4 Attacks with magic weapon that contains a boni, T5, 3+ AS, 4++ WS, possibility to restore your wounds.

Combine restoring wounds with the fact that you get +1 T after the first miscast and only loose a wound, you can get up to T6 and drink the potion when you are down to one LP. Throw 6 dices on boostet Flames and blast the enemies expensivest troops in turn 1, later support in CC (you are pretty save).

Put him in 10 Infernal guards with fireglaives and he will do a decent job!

Da Crusha:

I wonder if my friend that recently revealed his cd’s, already new about the new earthshaker since both of his catapults have ogres in them. also I did notice the bayonets on his “handgunners”, seems like fireglaives to me.

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9349

wallacer:

well, if that isn’t worth some slaves I don’t know what is.

Bolg:

No Bolt Throwers....and I got 8.
Yeah.......

Galladorn
well they suck in 8th ed anyway (i 'only' got 4) my dwarfs an O&G also dont really see real use for them.

in general the list makes me happy (but its a pity I lose my horde of BO and Biguns)

I'm just wondering if I can find some use for the tenderiser.

love the idea of Orge slaves with the canon's (didnt I have a single 3dr edition Ogre laying around somewhere?? Do hope I can still find him again)

Smagma:

I’m just happy we are getting an army. Some threads on Warseer and what not say the CD troops are already overpowered, others say that they are average and/or too expensive. I think they are just right and hope we get all of these troops and models to represent each of them. I don’t like having to convert a model. Those that like conversions can always do that anyhow.

I think our troop choices are actually more than I was expecting (IF they remain unchanged from these spoilers), and I’m curious how many of these troop types/models will actually get models and how many will have to be converted to ever see the tabletop. This is obviously a rough draft/preliminary list, so I would take the FW rules as the newer/more concrete version. Wonder if any others probed the French Games Day GW personnel for other tidbits of info…

I think regular CD troops with GW will be a common sight in blocks of 30-40, just like regular Dwarf armies. Not sure if blunderbusses will be worth it with the limited range and low Strength.

I love that the death rocket and earthshaker are still in the list, and that the CD wamachines have a character all their own with bound Daemons. Can’t wait to see the Kadai models and flaming bull. -S