[Archive] From the back of the Cave

Cavetroll:

As a devoted gamer, modeler and chaos dwarf lover, I’ve been a stalker on the forums quite some time now. Tried to participate in some competition, but as I’ve not been any good with a camera or got anywhere to upload pictures, it didn�?Tt happen.

I know that many of our activist come from the frozen North, as myself, but I haven�?Tt met anyone before I managed to meet and have a fanboy moment with the reverend Admiral himself past weekend. Some kind words later I was ready to took a step and present part of my collection to you all:

Uzkulak Express: a round-trip to the slavelands

After the completing the railway connection between the spiritual capital of dawi zharr, Uzkulak, and the vast industrial heart of their race, Zarr Naggarund, the greedy eyes of the High Priesthood turned to the west. There, behind the World Edge Mountains lies the soft, plump Empire of men. Endless resources of both metal and meat to exploit, only waiting for the taker. So, now elevated Wizard-Prophet Krupp was given a new task: extend the rails trough High Pass to Kislev and make way for the grand invasion of the herrenvolk.

Army A

Wizard-Prophet Krupp

�?oExcelling in his previous work, both Krupps quest and his means to completing it grow harder. Endless lives were sacrificed to achieve the railway trough Zorn Uzkul. Making the new rail to Kislev �?" Krupp is willing to sacrifice a lot more!�?�

Prophet: Wizard, Wizard Master, shield, Essence of Free Mind (Pyromancy, Alchemy), Temple Lamassu (wizard adept, Witchcraft) 865

The Railgang

�?o Krupp has reserved lots of strong slave orcs to the harder work on the rails. They are tough as rocks and a rowdy bunch, but the herrenvolk know how to deal with them.�?�

2x   20 Orc slaves: paired weapons   310

Da Foot Klan

�?o To keep eye on his slaves, Krupp has enlisted a clan of sneaky hobgoblin Backstabbers. As far the story goes, these nasty buggers can poison even the hardiest warrior with their sharp blades. To keep with the tales, they like to do it from behind…�?�

26 Hobgoblins: Backstabbers, musician 260

Orkan

�?o For solid obstacles, mutinous slavefolk and wandering monsters Krupp freights along the long feared rocket launcher battery dubbed Orkan, Hurricane, by its nasty and sharp eyed crew.�?�

Rocket Battery 285

R2-D4W1

�?o If the slavefolk start running, Krupp wants them to run for the right direction. So the dawi zharr deploy also more nimble machines of war. The mechanical warrior R2-D4W1, with its minder, can sow deadly seed from its gatling weapon faster an orc can blink.�?�

Gunnery Team: volley gun 150

Jürgen the Whip

�?oTo keep the slavefolk at bay Krupp has enlisted a slaver giant, a nasty boulder of muscle named Jürgen, to do the kicking when it’s more convenient to the herrenvolk�?�

Armoured giant: Slavemaster´s whip 325

Army B

Günther Klause

�?oAs Krupp has daily more urgent business than run the railway site, the commanding voice normally belongs to Günther, massive bull-hybrid of the notorious Klause clan. This makes Krupp an uneasy ally of the Klauses, who now also have their share in the enterprise.�?�

Taurukh Subjugator: Kadim Bindings, Gauntlets of Madzhab, Potion of Swiftness, shield  

Grand-vizier Sauerkopfën

�?oCarrying the colours of Krupps clan, this old grumpy dawi serves as the standard bearer�?�

Vizier: BSB, shield 180

The Shovelling Gits

�?oKrupp sees the slave-goblins as a renewable resource: they will spawn more. Those who survive long enough with the Uzkulak Express will be tough as nails: the meanest and luckiest goblins you can find.�?�

40 Hobgoblins: shields, musician 320

Grotguard

�?oSome of the goblins get the longer straw and are responsible of the rest. They get the meatier bits and sharper weapons as long as they do their job well. Demotion isn�?Tt an option!�?�

23 Hobgoblins: spears & shields, bows, musician 230

Herrenvolk Immortals

�?oGuarding the vast enterprise the sparsely bred dawi are able to send only a handful of their mighty warriors. But these are the best of the best, handpicked from their masters clan and ready to die for him.�?�

15 Immortals: shields, infernal weapons, musician, champion   390

The Fetch-hooves

�?oThe bullcentaur patrol around the worksite to keep the slavefolk from getting any funny ideas and to keep eye for any wondering troubles.�?�

5 Taurukhs: shields, infernal weapons, musician 205

Panzerochse

�?oThe slaves are sure that the dawi have captured a demon inside this this engineering wondermachine, and in a way they have. The heart of the whole enterprise and a terrifying example of the dawi zharrs malicious mind, this steam-powered engine wreights supplies at the site. This �?oBull�?� ploughs trough frozen soil as easy as flesh with its armoured prow.�?�

Infernal engine: Shrapnel guns 450

Västerås (Games of Westeros) has given me and my matey a wonderful chance to participate in tag-team tournament many years now. We like to get a different team each year, but this year we came back with our starter army there, our beloved master-race, the evil dwarves. First time the Uzkulak express managed to build the railway between Zharr Naggarund and Uzkulak - this time we expanded the rails to the Empire of men. Fun times, fun games, good people and decent rank in the end.

Admiral:

Nice to see you hopped on the crazy train. Welcome aboard! :hat off

Nevermind picture quality. I could hardly have shared a thing through the years if such concerns had held me back.

Cavetroll and his mate have a fantastic army! It’s beautifully converted and briskly painted, with a theme that’s been waiting for years: Railroad army. The Orcs are navvies lugging rails, and for the first time since Forgeworld previewed their Chaos Dwarfs, someone has actually went and made a true train army! On tracks! With a slavedriver giant to whip slackers dead with a heavy chain to better motivate the rest of the thralls!

I’ve been waiting for someone to pull something like this off (with or without rails) for years, not having the habit of working with large models myself. It was a real treat to behold this spectacular collection. Great model selection, too!

Their army list presentation on paper was fantastic. In a time when tournament organizers demand everyone follow a compact no-frills format (me and my mates used to write in unit and character names and titles in the army list proper, prior to these demands), these guys had brought with them flavour lists for opponents and tournament attenders in general to read, and savour the experience. It’s nothing new from the forum post, but I still wanted to share their characteful way to write an army list (by the way, some other Chaos Dwarf steaming against Kislev mania can be found here):

All in all it was a Dawi Zharr dream come true at long last! Excellent work, guys!

With kind regards from the crazy Swede with the several litres of oat porridge-apple-raisin lunchbox. You should’ve seen Cavetroll’s face when he stopped dead in his tracks and asked what I was eating: “Mister Admiral-man, what is that?” Too bad I didn’t get the instant idea to look him square in the eyes and say dead seriously:

[align=center]“Hashut demands that I eat raw cow brains!” :P[/align]

[align=center][/align]

Cheers

tjub:

Stiligt! Looks great and welcome to the forum, wonderful army you got there. Since you met Mathias this weekend I guess T9A is your rule set. :slight_smile:
Are you going south as well, GothCon maybe?

@Admiral: Yum yum… :hat off

Uther the unhinged:

Such a great concept army! Great idea and beautifully done! Love the fluff too. Death to Kislev!!!

Cavetroll:

@Admiral: Thanks for inspirational words! You chuckling away alone with our fluff-paper made me to break the lurking and make this post.

Although you did see that I added the fluff already for the pictures in the first post? :smiley:

CDonline has been important factor in my hobby so long thats nice to give something back.

Got a chance for some nice models you had to sell, which is awesome.

Only weird thing was that Id say Hashut demands that kind of porridge-grovel only for the slaves :sick

@tjub: Tack så mycket! 9th age it is for me. Its rules give me the massed fantasy-war experience I´m after. No plans for other foreign tournaments for me and my matey atm, as we thrill the chance for playing as a team and only manage to have quality time couple times a year.

@Uther: Humble thanks! This concept formed gradually from our first CD army from way back the 5th edition, where our feared lord Zhanta Klause descented from his lair atop Severed Ear Mountain to demand his yearly tributes from this thralls and neighbouring realms. The Klause-clan still lingers with us, but the spotlight has turned to the Uzkulak Express building its rails of progress.

Admiral:

Although you did see that I added the fluff already for the pictures in the first post? :D

CDonline has been important factor in my hobby so long thats nice to give something back.

Cavetroll
Certainly! That's what's meant by "it's nothing new from the forum list" above. I just wanted to show how you shared in person the fluff goodness on paper. Top presentation and a nice break from the streamlining of army list writing that tournament organizers demand nowadays. ;)

Keep up the good work!

Jasko:

What a neat project! Love the Uzkulak Express, great idea for a themed army.

Admiral:

Oh, also, that’s a 1000pts bronze army medal!

And be more than welcome to post individual units in their respective gallery categories for a gallery medal.

Jackswift:

A very nice army. The train looks awesome as do the units. The Lammasu with rider looks spectacular.

squalie:

Awesome stuff! Very creative.

Zanthrax:

Love the use of the chaos squat in exo armour - that bro has been calling out for a rebirth in the 9th age.

Moloch:

The train is very impressive!!! Amazing job here!

It’s a super creative idea, well done :slight_smile:

Moloch

Reaver of Uzkulak :

Wow! now that is an impressive force! awesome theme and execution! So many ideas and conversions, this will take time to digest :hat off