[Archive] Full Warrior Regiment, more all for sale

Aman:

Finishing off the last of the CD’s I am willing to part with.  A lucky buyer down under got all the hobgoblins (several hundred of them).  The items I have now are as follows, but I’m diggin’ up more details.

25-figure metal warrior axe regiment, with command:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180867130152?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I have a second identical regiment that I’m working to clean up and get up on eBay.  However, I wanted to mention that here as well in case a serious, informed bidder was interested in one or both of them for direct sale through this site

Items still to come: A few more Chaos Dwarf Warriors (both Axes and Blunderbusses), regiments of Bull Centaurs, some artillery, several lords (Llamasu and Bull Taurus), heroes and musicians, and original, official Chaos Dwarf decals for their shields are all going to be offered for sale on eBay and here.

I lost my job a year ago and am still only working part-time, so I have to try and get the most out of these figs, thanks for your understanding!  I love the little blighters but I’m not playing much Fantasy anymore and it’s time for me to make hard decisions about what hobby stuff to sell and what to keep.

Shipping will be at cost and entirely up to the buyer. If you want faster rates and insurance, it will be more. Within the USA it will probably be quite inexpensive with the flat-rate boxes going for about $5.

brotsorrow:

Im sorry to hear about your loss of f/t work. Good luck with the sales - if i hadn’t lost my job and now stuck in school for 4 yrs i’d definitely be considering a few purchases from you!

Aman:

thanks fellow evil stuntie!

It hasn’t been a disaster as my wife has managed to keep her job. But hobby time and choices are pretty limited. That’s the way it is. I’ll keep some of my favorite stuff and play with them someday when things are better.

Hashut!

DAGabriel:

Have it on my watch list!

yanloup:

I made a bid.

UP ! UP !

Da Crusha:

what is the reserve?

I lost my job also. I’m trying to sell models for extra cash but nobody is biting.

Skink:

Bid placed.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Aman:

Great - note that I will accept offers here also for all the items I’m selling. Cheers, a.

yanloup:

I’m not against doing an offer, but I’ve little references concerning the value of CD. The only reference I have is that I bought a bunch of blunderbusses 2 weeks ago in France for approximate $5 each + Astragoth and a sorcerer for $8 each. I don’t even know if it was a good bargain or not.

CD prices are not easy to estimate because some prices on ebay are surrealist.

Aman:

Finishing off the last of the CD’s I am willing to part with.  A lucky buyer down under got all the hobgoblins (several hundred of them).  The items I have now are as follows, but I’m diggin’ up more details.

25-figure metal warrior axe regiment, with command:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180867130152?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I have a second identical regiment that I’m working to clean up and get up on eBay.  However, I wanted to mention that here as well in case a serious, informed bidder was interested in one or both of them for direct sale through this site

Items still to come: A few more Chaos Dwarf Warriors (both Axes and Blunderbusses), regiments of Bull Centaurs, some artillery, several lords (Llamasu and Bull Taurus), heroes and musicians, and original, official Chaos Dwarf decals for their shields are all going to be offered for sale on eBay and here.

I lost my job a year ago and am still only working part-time, so I have to try and get the most out of these figs, thanks for your understanding!  I love the little blighters but I’m not playing much Fantasy anymore and it’s time for me to make hard decisions about what hobby stuff to sell and what to keep.

Shipping will be at cost and entirely up to the buyer. If you want faster rates and insurance, it will be more. Within the USA it will probably be quite inexpensive with the flat-rate boxes going for about $5.

brotsorrow:

Im sorry to hear about your loss of f/t work. Good luck with the sales - if i hadn’t lost my job and now stuck in school for 4 yrs i’d definitely be considering a few purchases from you!

Aman:

thanks fellow evil stuntie!

It hasn’t been a disaster as my wife has managed to keep her job. But hobby time and choices are pretty limited. That’s the way it is. I’ll keep some of my favorite stuff and play with them someday when things are better.

Hashut!

Aman:

Yanloup, this is true. Strange things can happen with auctions.

DAGabriel:

Have it on my watch list!

yanloup:

I made a bid.

UP ! UP !

Shimsham:

I had the last highest bid, but it was above the reserve so I’d be curious as to how much the reserve was. You might as well not have a reserve on small items. I think reserves work best on things like cars. I didn’t even expect to win with my bid! I can’t believe nobody went higher, I just threw on a value and went to bed.

Singleton Mosby:

I'm not against doing an offer, but I've little references concerning the value of CD. The only reference I have is that I bought a bunch of blunderbusses 2 weeks ago in France for approximate $5 each + Astragoth and a sorcerer for $8 each. I don't even know if it was a good bargain or not.
CD prices are not easy to estimate because some prices on ebay are surrealist.

yanloup
I just bought 20 Blunderbusses and 20 warriors (all metal and including commands) for GBP 2,- a piece. Feels like a good deal and makes me forget the Zonk debacle a bit. :hat off

yanloup:

I just bought 20 Blunderbusses and 20 warriors (all metal and including commands) for GBP 2,- a piece. Feels like a good deal and makes me forget the Zonk debacle a bit. :hat off

Singleton Mosby
Nice bargain :hat off ! I guess you haven't found those on ebay...

Aman:

well, badly painted BBs might very well go for GBP2 pounds especially in a large lot like that. They mandate stripping them which is work. If you got them on eBay, I’d say you did very well, however, even if they are in need of stripping!

What was the condition, and was it a private deal or an auction?

Aman:

I had the last highest bid, but it was above the reserve so I'd be curious as to how much the reserve was. You might as well not have a reserve on small items. I think reserves work best on things like cars. I didn't even expect to win with my bid! I can't believe nobody went higher, I just threw on a value and went to bed.

Shimsham
It was a pretty disappointing auction. I've never even seen an offer that good in 15 years of collecting Chaos Dwarfs. Not only are all 25 Warriors with Axes + command stripped and cleaned, but every warrior ever sculpted is in the unit in perfect proportions, and in the most useful way to display them, also.

I wouldn't even consider parting with the unit that way for less than $5 a fig, but I think $6 a fig is more reasonable, actually. Heck, a new metal GW mini is easily $6 a fig, and these are cleaned and ready for primer.

Anyway, it's re-listed. If it doesn't sell then I'll break it up into little auctions and people can pick at what portions they want. The funny thing is they'll probably sell for a lot more that way, even though I'd have jumped at a chance to buy a complete regiment just to save time!