[Archive] Fully painted army, finally online!

thepaintingmonkey:

Hi guys.

OK, it’s taken me for ever and ever, but finally have pictures of the army I started back in 2007. (The original plog)

I know the photos aren’t great, but it’s all I can do at the minute, apologies. I just found such a ridiculous amount of inspiration on these forums and thought I’d show what you all inspired.

Nearly the full army:

Technomancer:

Hero

Unit 1

Unit 2

Blunderbusses

One of the slave units:

Some of the slave cavalry

Chaos warriors (black orcs)

And the BIG guy. The lord on his war blimp:

So that’s most of it. It was really fun making and painting and playing them, but I need a new challenge so I’m actually going to be putting them on ebay soon.

Thanks for the inspiration guys

2017 Image Salvage

The Stormchild:

Amazing.

Truly incredible.

RoguePanda:

That’s stunning stuff :slight_smile: I am really glad you got these pictures up, there’s inspiration there for everyone. I’m rather taken with the war blimp - I would love to see one of those done up with Goblin slaves leaning over the sides with primitive grenades to throw down at people. :hat off

Zanko:

Great stuff you collected and painted here! :hat off

The most amazing one is certainly your war blimb! How (with what components) did you build it?

Like Rouge Panda always mentioned some Goblin/Hongoblin guys with grenades would pimp your war blimb!

:hashut

Nicodemus:

Great work, I like what you’ve done - the War Blimp is obviously great, but I also like your painting style on the standards, particularly the Chaos Warriors. It just gives a nice effect, at least I think it does.

I particularly like that you went with a bit of an iconic theme of cogs for your army, great way to keep everything tied in together!

~N

Thorne:

I like the chaos warrior black orc proxiies but I think I would have given them a minnor headswap, Love the work btw they look just how I would like ot see a chaos dwarf force.

tjub:

Really cool, I do like you design on the sheilds. Original and fitting! :slight_smile:

thepaintingmonkey:

Thanks very much guys, that’s really kind.

The blimp is certainly a favorite among my friends. Though how I didn’t think of including primitive grenades in this army, I don’t know!

@Zanko: The construction of the blimp is a little bit arts-and-crafty! It’s a coke can with a polystyrene cone at one end and sphere at the other. That was wrapped in a thinnish layer of milliput, and the fabric/skin ‘sowing’ marks were put it. Then it was just a case of building it up with plasti-card. The carriage is just plasti-card. The lava is green stuff. Seriously, surprisingly easy. I’d love to see what some of the more talented modellers on this forum could do with the idea of a blimp.

dncswlf:

Great stuff, the color scheme is nice and muted, very chaosy!!! What rules did you use for the blimp? I like that you included Ogres with the beards in your units, nice GS work… the masks are great, good variety - I especially like the blunderbuss masks!

thepaintingmonkey:

I just used the taurus rules. It’s a large scary flyer, it has a flame cannon at the front and the two warriors at the front with great weapons account for the taurus attacks. All worked out pretty well really.

dncswlf:

I just used the taurus rules. It's a large scary flyer, it has a flame cannon at the front and the two warriors at the front with great weapons account for the taurus attacks. All worked out pretty well really.

thepaintingmonkey
Ah! good thinking! hmmm.... yup, I see flying dwarfs with dropping grenades and flame attacks in my near future! lol

Da Crusha:

very cool army, everything looks great but Id have to say my favorite FAVORITE has gotta be the slave cavalry, I never thought of having a centaur slave unit a very cool and unique idea. chaos dwarf sorcerers and their evil experiments on slaves and wolves, I like it. my next fav is the technomancer.

Loki:

Great looking army thepaintingmonkey, such a shame that your going to be putting them on ebay, i hope you get alot for them as its a great looking army :slight_smile:

thepaintingmonkey:

It’s not really a shame they’re going on ebay. I get to move on to the next project and someone else gets to enjoy them. Being a modeller more than a gamer can lead to armies piling up on shelves, gathering dust and generally being criminally ignored!

Xander:

Nice stuff! :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

thepaintingmonkey:

Thanks Xander, wouldn’t have started these if I hadn’t seen your youtube conversion vids.

Xander:

Making those videos has given many people the courage to try their hand at sculpting Green Stuff, for that alone I am glad I made them! :slight_smile:

Fequiil:

Making those videos has given many people the courage to try their hand at sculpting Green Stuff, for that alone I am glad I made them! :)

Xander
i'm glad you made them too, because, that was the first way i got in contact with you guys!:D:D:D