[Archive] FW Bull Centaur Taur'uk

Singleton Mosby:

Definately need more heads and I could use a dedicated Taur’uk for sure. But this had is one of the worst I’ve seen.

Thommy H:

Nice. I like how his hat appears to be slotted over his existing horns. Little logical concepts like that really improve a model.

The Besieger:

He will be welcome in my new FW Bull Centaur unit :slight_smile:

rpitts2004:

Excited to see something they didn’t have planned, Thats good news

Yodrin:

He will be welcome in my new FW Bull Centaur unit :)

The Besieger
+1

Ender SpiteSworn:

Nice! Thanks!

I like it so far, I wish they would have had a great weapon on it though…

I actually love the hat . . .

Will la tete rouge:

Nice. But WTF is with the hat?

I wonder if he is going to point forward, Because that's what we need another Chaos Dwarf Mini that's pointing, They love pointing.

gIL^
Yeah like, - look! Where? There, no other there. Yes there! Wow, what is it? I don't know but theres another one there! And there!

Too funny!

French_noodle:

I like the hat, even if it could have been even taller.

But i really think this guy could use a nice big moustache. Could really give him more personnality, among his brethren.

Hope he’s pointing, indeed ^^

Grimstonefire:

Cool model. Yep, I’ll pick that up.

Not so keen on the beard, but then I would be resculpting it anyway.

Samanos:

the hat looks like a huge helm to me…
but still a great mini nevertheless

Parish:

The dude is pretty cool !

The helmet is okay, though there is an obvious spot where we can get rid of the top if needed.

Not such a huge fan of the beard, it seems it has been added after the “jaws” and the metalic thing around its face.

I mean there is a weird feeling about.

I look forward to seeing it completely done

Animatone:

FW has my cash once again… Great Find!

Larendard:

Head & Helmet remind me somehow of the mantic miniatures…

Averrucus:

noooiiice… finally something at least heroic!

and far away form the Buttheaded Centaurs…

buuut, as someone has already pointed out, it looks too much like the Mantic Abyssals: it basically has the SAME head of the Dwarf Lord and it’s posed like one of the Half-Breeds!!

yeah, even the Abyssals aren’t that much “speshul snowflakes”…

but FW pls.

Thommy H:

Yeah, well since the Abyssal Dwarfs are obviously intended to be proxy Chaos Dwarfs, it would probably be fairer to say that both are drawing their imagery from the same source - the 4th/5th Edition GW Chaos Dwarf range. I don’t think Mantic have much of a leg to stand on when it comes to ripping stuff off there.

Veshnakar:

Love love love this. I was about to convert up one of my 10 fw bull centaurs, glad I don’t have to now!

Baggronor:

Finally, they get something right.

Damn. Now I’m going to buy some BCs and this guy.

sheogorath:

agreed Baggronor. I think this guy looks badass.

Marduk:

I’ll buy it if it’s reasonably priced. I didn’t buy the available bull centaurs because although the models are cool they don’t fit my army. Those bull centaurs look too “frenzied” and would fit better in something like a Beastmen army. On the other hand, this guy looks like he’s more in control of himself so I may get this one as a Taur’uk and continue with my conversions for the rank and file.

Regarding the hat, I’m open. I’ll wait and see the miniature before I decide to keep the hat or not.

Nice find!

Glimpse the Void:

Thanks for the heads up, Now I know I have to finish the conversion I planned really soon. I bits ordered a jugger body and a demon prince torso. This looks alright, but its really not that much cooler than the unit and as it was pointed out it looks just like the mantic stuff.