[Archive] FW Open Day: new CDs?

Bill_Moscow:

Hey all,

So for those of you who don’t get the Forge World newsletter, I saw this in Friday’s edition and it got me a little excited:

"Meanwhile, Mark Bedford, Edgar Skomorowski, Keith Robertson and Steve Whitehead have been busily designing monstrous additions to our Warhammer Forge range, and rumour has it there may even be some work-in-progress future additions to our Chaos Dwarfs range on display too."

Anyone have any ideas on what these might be? Wolf Raiders, Bull Centaurs, K’Daais?  Anyway, glad to see they aren’t quite done with their take on Chaos Dwarfs!

Skink:

Good to know!!! I think they are working on centaurs, as they were supposed to be released with Tamurkhan weren’t they???

Bitterman:

I am tolerably certain that K’daai Fireborn and Bull Centaurs are near completion, I will expect to see them at the show (and released in the next few months from what i hear). AFAIK the Destroyer has just been started; I suspect it will be too early to see that yet, though.

I am reliably informed (not yet seen them myself though) that the K’daai look like spirits made of fire, with armour plates and chain holding them in human form… I’m told they look sweet. I can’t wait to see them.

There was a Warseer rumour that there would be Hobgobs on Wolves from FW… but that contradicts what I’ve been told… I guess we’ll find out next Sunday.

Bassman:

Oooh, finally I’m really curious to see K’daiis.

I would also be happy to finally see the actual basesize of bull centaurs. I want to correct mine once for all! :slight_smile:

Taurian:

Thanks for the info. Pity that they don’t post blogs with WIP greens like other places do. Guess they don’t want anyone following along and second guessing the work or continuing to inquire about the progress.

Baggronor:

Presumably the K’Daai, BCs and Destroyer will be for the Monstrous Arcana book. Still no news for a release date for that though? Hopefully it won’t be too soon, my wallet has yet to recover :wink: Another book and new monstrous infantry could finish it off.

There was a Warseer rumour that there would be Hobgobs on Wolves from FW… but that contradicts what I’ve been told… I guess we’ll find out next Sunday.
Those new plastic wolves are very cool though. You never know, they might just have gone, “Yeah, why not”.

Grimstonefire:

I’m fairly certain I won’t be going to the FW open day.

Anyone here going could you please ask Talima Fox about what material she has seen for a future CD book.

I heard a while back that all the excess CD material that didn’t make it into Tamurkhan was given to her.  So presumably she will be the author of any future CD book(s).

In my experience nobody going to the open days ever thinks to ask them about future warhammer stuff (except me).  That may change now that the book is out. Nobody who writes on forums anyway.

Vogon:

Well I hope to be going so I’ll keep an eye out, ask some questions and take some photos :slight_smile:

Cheers

Vogon

stephanavich:

I’ll be going! Hopefully purchasing the first parts of my Chaos Dwarf army! I’ll try to take some pictures and ask questions.

Bitterman:

I’ll be there, camera in hand.

KingFisher:

I'll be there, camera in hand.

Bitterman
All my slaves to the man who brings back the best pictures and info about future releases.
Like names of units, dates when expected to be available. Specifics are good.

wallacer:

All my slaves to the man who brings back the best pictures and info about future releases.

KingFisher
I'll match whatever Kingfisher donates, just to sweeten the deal.
Must... have... pictures...

Coopervisor:

I should be going along. Not sure if I’m taking my full DSLR yet (not sure if they’d be happy with that?) or just my phone camera. But will see what I can find.

Hashut’s Blessing:

You’re not allowed to take professional photography equipment to events, so don’t take the DSLR :wink:

Vogon:

I’ll be taking my camera, it’s not professional by any stretch of the imagination but it takes good quality snaps and I’ll be posting them as soon as I can.

Are there any plans for a meet up for those of us who are attending?

Cheers

Vogon

Kera foehunter:

KingFisher
I'll match whatever Kingfisher donates, just to sweeten the deal.
Must... have... pictures...

wallacer
man ????? :o:o

The Charioteer:

Must be K’daai, Centaurs, great weapon Infernal guard and IRONSWORN. MUST HAVE IRONSWORN MODELS! :slight_smile:

stephanavich:

Must be K'daai, Centaurs, great weapon Infernal guard and IRONSWORN. MUST HAVE IRONSWORN MODELS! :)

The Charioteer
Great Weapon Infernal Guard are top on my list. Or at least a great weapon sprue. I NEVER use Ironsworn, so I couldn't care less about them, but I want to see the official base size for those centaurs!

Alakihel:

I asked a few month ago if they planed to release great weapons and blunderbuss bits to fin on the Infernal Guard with FireGlaives.

They answered me that it’s a great idea, but it was on facebook so I don’t know if it could be taken seriously.

Maybe Bitz-heads for Hobgolins to fit on Skaven bodies :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Alakihel.

KramDratta:

Also, can you ask them if they’re open for bribes to modify the Iron Daemon rules ??? :stuck_out_tongue: