[Archive] FW Open day

RTGamer:

Who has hoofs? They have iron shod boots to me.

I really like these but I do hope to see 3 upgrade packs for them:

1. A naked head pack

2. A big hat pack

3. A blunderbuss pack

Oh and that Taurus is amazing!

Canix:

Oh yeah the bearded ones are back!.I love the look of the warriors .Will have to sell alot of old gaming tat to get me some of these babies :hat

cornixt:

I like them. One of the best bits about this news is that we are bound to have a full-enough CD army list within a single book. CD Warriors, Blunderbusses, even a Taurus and a ton of war machines, fill out with Marauders as HGs.

zobo1942:

So - when is all this stuff going to be for sale?

Time of Madness:

Starting as early as the start of summer. We shall see if that comes to pass though.

Time of Madness

ashur:

I don’t like the idea of taking away the mustaches and giving them horns. Now they look like evil gnomes and not dwarfs at all. Also, they made the warriors like average chaos worshippers. I like the details however.

wallacer:

Big range, great figures. Can’t wait until they’re up for order.

That Taurus is really interesting, more mechanical than flesh and blood (Darth Taurus).

Da Crusha:

I am really excited about this, I didn’t think we were going to get this much love. Great Taurus, I can’t believe it! looks like we might be getting impact hits. I love the champion with 2 hand weapons also. I hope we are still gonna have the option for great weapons on our warriors though.

Breten:

These have exceeded my expectations. I am excited to see this army list and the fluff.

AssurBahniZharr:

I really don’t like rank&file troops =(

Blunderbusses…(who do you think you can kill with that?) are really good for playing Squats in 40K…oooops…weren’t they squattized?!

Warriors seem to be Irobreakers at least…One playing dwarfs could buy them, change the axes to hammers and have a wonderful Thunderer unit. Smooth pieces, high details but really few flavour…

no arrows, no runes, no bull’s heads…nothing;

A taurus head at the top of the banner sounds like a Joke…

Put a dwarfish top…and you can’t even recognize they are Chaos dwarfs…

Having Skull Pass Dwarves converted was better then this useless waiting for such an ugly result.

I can save only The Taurus wich is awesome…but hope to have it face up…not pointing to the ground…, warmachines& crew and characters.

Really too much under my expectations.

=(

Bassman:

I pretty like them. I wish someone in Forge World will thanks Baggronor for ideas :wink:

Dunno if I buy them but it’s amazing they are dedicating so many efforts to us. It looks like we are going to have a full playable list… and this is amazing… :smiley:

Baggronor:

I wish someone in Forge World will thanks Baggronor for ideas
There's a few things that do make me wonder if someone has been taking a look through my stuff... ;) Particularly the 'not-very-chaosy' troopers.

But whatever, they look cool.

Gonna get me that Taurus. And the Train. And the Lord. And the Magma Cannon....

Necrotique:

Personally I don’t like the new look too much. Not really “Dwarfs of fire” enough for me. It’s more like Mantics’ warriors if you ask me. Too chunky and not scaly enough. I hope they’re a dogs of war choice 'cause that’d be useful.

The taurus head on the banner is ridiculous and the blunderbusses look like Kroot guns…

Whitehorn:

I love the new infantry, but I feel they went just a little too far away from silly hats. So far that, despite still including all other models in a silly hat, they look out of place.

Still, it’s a challenge to find a middle ground. I love the new models as a while and look forward to buying some. It’s a great preview of the new style, which will help me steer my own sculpting direction.

Baggronor:

The taurus head on the banner is ridiculous
Yeah. The thing is, when you say 'Bull's head standard', it can't just be a bull's head on a stick, it needs to be abstracted somewhat. Like the plastic Dwarf Warriors banner with the stylised Dwarf faces.

I do like some of those helmets though. Hmmm.
but I feel they went just a little too far away from silly hats.
Yeah, I'm not sure you can have both in the same range. Trying to have their cake and eat it ;)

Necrotique:

The taurus head on the banner is ridiculous
Yeah. The thing is, when you say 'Bull's head standard', it can't just be a bull's head on a stick, it needs to be abstracted somewhat. Like the plastic Dwarf Warriors banner with the stylised Dwarf faces.

I do like some of those helmets though. Hmmm.
but I feel they went just a little too far away from silly hats.
Yeah, I'm not sure you can have both in the same range. Trying to have their cake and eat it ;)

Baggronor
I reckon that a sort of "chunky" banner would be fine, with a bull style death mask, rather than an actual bulls head, if that's what they wanted. There's no way a dwarf would ever cut off a taurus' head for display as they're sacred. And if they do it to honor the dead taurus then surely they'd grace it with a death mask and mount it on more than just a stick..

The armour looks better in some parts in that it looks like the Chaos armour that they make, but I feel like they're forgetting the whole dwarfs of fire part.

I'm assuming these will be released with a backstory as a dogs of war regiment (or rare choice for the war machines)

Thommy H:

What “Dwarfs of Fire” part? Chaos Dwarfs have never had anything in their deisgn that has actually had anything directly to do with fire. It’s just the name they use for themselves.

Necrotique:

@Thommy - Meant it as that they don’t worship Chaos in the conventional sense, but that they worship Hashut after they were rescued when they were “normal” dwarfs. I feel as though these models insinuate that they worship the Ruinous powers like the other “chaos” factions

led571:

After spending a little bit of time with the book on sunday even though the fluff section is being fiddled with the rules they said they where more upto date. The chaos dwarfs have there own army list including magic items and there own lore of magic. bull centaurs are now monsters beasts which solves the infantry/cav issues. The hell cannon is in and also the siege giant shown at the open day. blunderbuss are only strength 3 AP but if the unit is above 10 they ignore the negatives for stand and shoot and moving and if the unit is 20+ they get to re roll to wound.

But everything is in the book for a fully playable army and I think the reason is to include it for games of 3k+ rather than simple allied rules take a sperate army to go with the first.

Hobgoblins and wolf riders in the book but they where not shore they would be making them could be just conversion parts for the plastic goblins.

hope all this helps.

wallacer:

Thanks, interesting to know.