[Archive] FW: Orc rogue idol

Hashut’s Blessing:

The only thing that gets me excited about this model is the fac that they’ve mentioned Monstrous Arcana themselves now - meaning it shouldn’t be too far off from being made.

Otherwise, everything about it is… underwhelming.

Discoking:

The annoying thing I’m thinking about when I see this model…

Is that most armies could have a model/creatures like this, & don’t get anything.

E.g:

A Bretonnian Sentinal of the Grail Sites.

A Beastman Idol of the Dark Gods.

A Temple Efigy of Sotek.

I feel that it’s a lazy idea for O&G to get this sort of fluff/more units.

Like they don’t have enough!

Whereas it would be a bit different & exciting for a different army to have something new.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the idea, & the model.

Just not its destination.

aka_mythos:

Well as its been pointed out, this unit is something that’s been mentioned in the O&G fluff so its not coming out of nowhere. Its an easy inclusion for the sake of complete inclusiveness of all armies into Monstrous Archana. There are supposed atleast 30 rumored closer to 60 different units and monsters in that book… I’m not surprised something as straightforward came out before other armies.

That said when you read the rules for the Elemental of Beasts, though more broadly available that’s clearly meant to be a Beastman unit and that came out before the Idol.

Discoking:

:mad

Well as its been pointed out, this unit is something that’s been mentioned in the O&G fluff so its not coming out of nowhere. Its an easy inclusion for the sake of complete inclusiveness of all armies into Monstrous Archana. There are supposed atleast 30 rumored closer to 60 different units and monsters in that book… I’m not surprised something as straightforward came out before other armies.

That said when you read the rules for the Elemental of Beasts, though more broadly available that’s clearly meant to be a Beastman unit and that came out before the Idol.

aka_mythos
Yeah you are right, my message was quite hasty in its judgement.

Most un-Dwarfy. Or Dwarfy?? :mad

I guess I’ll have to wait for the next WHForge book;

I may be proven wrong!

Kronus:

I admittedly did not like the sculpt overly from a design point of view, but I like the lovable expression. Just for the hell of it I did a little photoshop of what the thing might look like as a destroyer just in case anyone had such leanings (and a big wallet).

[align=center][/align]

Not perhaps the best destroyer but you have to admit it certainly looks like the wrecking machine that it is

ChungEssence:

Looks to slow to be a destroyer imo.

"A Beastman Idol of the Dark Gods.

A Temple Efigy of Sotek.

"

yes please!!

lol. I’d love to see that.

The big sculpts the better

snowblizz:

"A Beastman Idol of the Dark Gods."

yes please!!

lol. I'd love to see that.