[Archive] FW test list

KingFisher:

Given the recent changes to the DQM and only using the rules from the WF website and the sensible portions of the GDFR images I came up with this list.

It is supposed to hit hard, I would set up the 3 Magma Cannons with the 10x5 dwarfs in font then a line of 10 hobgoblins on each flank facing opposite the flanks of the war machine to prevent scouts etc from charging until turn 3. The Lore of death Daemonsmith starts in the CD Warrior unit in front of the Magma Cannons but within 3 inches to provide the re-roll for a misfire.
The CD warriors march forwards once the war-machines are “safe”,and then depending on shooting targets the Daemonsmith either stays back to provide misfire re-roll or marches with the Warriors.

The 2 KD’s and Lammasu line up opposite the model/flanks further from the BSB/General. Ideally they charge and get a flank turn 1.
Using the upgrade Default shadow spell to de-buff WS/I, and Hatred/Ashstorm for the first round of combat. Or if I get a big WoM role possibly Flame of Azgorh, although winning this first combat is pretty key.

Ideally I could also get the 3 BCR’s into the unit my 2 K’daai’s and Lammasu are hitting at the same time.

Hopefully I could get an overun into another unit and keep this momentum up. The Magma cannons would be shooting at the other side of the line while the Chaos Dwarf Warriors march up to the middle.

Thoughts?

The Running of the Bulls 2500
Lord:
Sorcerer Prophet
Level 4
Healing potion
Talisman of Protection
Enchanted Shield
Lammasu
Lore of Hashut
Lore of Shadow

Hero:
Castellan
Battle Standard Bearer
Armor of Bazherak the Cruel
Great Weapon

Daemonsmith Sorcerer
Lore of Death

Core:
Chaos Dwarf Warriorx48
Full Command
War Banner
Great Weapons

Hobgoblin Cutthroatsx10
Additional Hand Weapon

Hobgoblin Cutthroatsx10
Additional Hand Weapon

Special:
Magma Cannonx3

Bull Centaur Rendersx3
Additional Hand Weapon
Ba’hal

Rare:
K’daai Destroyerx2

Veshnakar:

I think it could be effective! This is the list I have been using against my friends in our campaign.

Sorcerer Prophet w/pistol Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Endurance, Earthen Rod, and Healing Potion, Lore of Fire

Dark Castallan w/BSB, great weapon and armor of bazherak

40 Warriors w/great weapons and full command

40 Warriors w/great weapons and full command

38 Infernals w/shields and full command and banner of eternal flame (two characters go here)

10 Hobgoblins w/bows and musician

10 Hobgoblins w/bows and musician

Magma Cannon

Magma Cannon

DeathShrieker Rocket Launcher

(2500)

It’s a little bland, I wish I had room for some k’daii or the destoryer, or even to put my lord on a taurus/lammasu. It’s been about 50/50 win loss for me, so I can’t really complain. My friends definitely don’t like the magma cannons, but they don’t hate them more than dwarven cannons and stone throwers, that’s for sure.

Lore of shadow isn’t shown in my FW preview list. Shame too, because it would be our best choice, similar to how dark elves use it. Buffing warriors and infernals with mindrazor would be absolutely brutal.

Good list overall though!

KingFisher:

I have found I always do better when I play offense, and the K’daai Destroyers are good at that.

I also wish the lore of Hashut was avaliable to the Hero wizards, and the Lore of shadow avaliable to wizards other then the Lammasu.

Your note say “midrazor goes here” but I don’t see a way you can cast it.

That is a lot of core, you really should consider the Lore of Hashut over the lore of fire, the hatred/Flames of Azgorh are devastatingly powerful as is ashstrom.

Hatred plus great weapons makes them far more effective.

Veshnakar:

That was definitely oversight on my part. I was tweaking my list to put up as I had been using shadow on my level 4 for a while, and realized that the list that I have says I only have access to Hashut, Fire, Metal and Death on the level 4.

KingFisher:

That was definitely oversight on my part. I was tweaking my list to put up as I had been using shadow on my level 4 for a while, and realized that the list that I have says I only have access to Hashut, Fire, Metal and Death on the level 4.

Veshnakar
Also given the amount of flaming attacks available on the cannons/rocket/lore of Hashut, switch that to a warbanner for better combat resolution.

Galladorn:

I think it’s a good strong list. I run my warriors the same way, 40 strong w/ great weapons. Magma cannons are an absolute MUST have, and using 2 is real good to see.

I have found that having a castellan in a warrior unit is almost mandatory. It’s 400+ points for the unit, so why not spend another 100 or so to make them stubborn. Really helps considering that you will almost always be outnumbered and that means being flanked.

Borador:

How do people know the point values of thing like the sorceror prophet, the experimental rules aren’t released for most things right?

Lists look good to me!

KingFisher:

How do people know the point values of thing like the sorceror prophet, the experimental rules aren't released for most things right?

Lists look good to me!

Borador
what is your email address I will send you a present.

Borador:

Cheers mate! (PM incoming!)

Nebuchandnezzar:

I wouldn’t mind a present either :smiley:

Just say if you need my email as well

KingFisher:

I wouldn't mind a present either :D
Just say if you need my email as well

Nebuchandnezzar
pm me your email

Borador:

Cheers KingFisher!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

klemanius:

while we are on the subject of people needing rules I would be very, very greatful for them also, if thats ok.  I’ll pm you my email if you need it.

KingFisher:

while we are on the subject of people needing rules I would be very, very greatful for them also, if thats ok.  I'll pm you my email if you need it.

klemanius
Since your email isn't on your profile page that would be necessary wouldn't it?

PM away

Nebuchandnezzar:

Its like Christmas, thanks KingFisher :cheers

KingFisher:

Nebuchandnezzar
You all should post your list ideas in this thread.

I lets brain storm up a bunch of list themes.

Mine are:
1. "Maximum Bull", I figure a lord on GT, 2 K'daai Destroyers, minimum CD warrior core and the rest in Bull Centuars.
2. "Tower and Train" lvl 4 wizard with the folding fortress.
Give him a castellan BSB and fireglaive infantry. put a few warmachines around the tower I am thinking 2 DQM's. Big blocks of slaves to tarpit.
Set up with a train with 2 magma cannon carriages have it run at an angle away from the tower to bisect the battlefield. maybe a lvl 1 death wizard on carpet to provide the misfire re-roll for the train flying on the safe side of the train.

You guys ideas?

KingFisher:

Nebuchandnezzar
You all should post your list ideas in this thread.

I lets brain storm up a bunch of list themes.

Mine are:
1. "Maximum Bull", I figure a lord on GT, 2 K'daai Destroyers, minimum CD warrior core and the rest in Bull Centaurs.
2. "Tower and Train" lvl 4 wizard with the folding fortress.
Give him a castellan BSB and fireglaive infantry. put a few warmachines around the tower I am thinking 2 DQM's. Big blocks of slaves to tarpit.
Set up with a train with 2 magma cannon carriages have it run at an angle away from the tower to bisect the battlefield. maybe a lvl 1 death wizard on carpet to provide the misfire re-roll for the train flying on the safe side of the train.

You guys ideas?

8-Bit Ace:

People seem to favor the Dwarf Warriors with great weapons it seems. Anyone tried them with blunderbusses? I know the nerfing of the Dreadquake’s movement effect has me re-thinking using them now but I was wondering if anyone has actually tried them out in a game yet.

KingFisher:

People seem to favor the Dwarf Warriors with great weapons it seems.  Anyone tried them with blunderbusses?  I know the nerfing of the Dreadquake's movement effect has me re-thinking using them now but I was wondering if anyone has actually tried them out in a game yet.

8-Bit Ace
The blunderbusses are only useful in units of 20+ where you know you can keep another large unit locked down via ash storm or DQM risk.
Only a unit with a large number of models 30+ might avoid moving off the DQM effect because of the large number of tests to take.

So you would need a lvl 4 hashut, 1 DQM and a unit of 20+ blunder blunderbuss warriors. It could be useful for flank denial but your tying up around 1k points just for that gimmick.

ChungEssence:

Good list. The 48 warriors would look very menacing.

I really hope the Magma cannon gets toned town before the official release. It’s certainly broken at the moment. I don’t want people to scream “cheese” when i try and field one. It doesn’t need to get weaker, but if it stays the same with the flame template (bigger than the small template) it certainly needs a points increase. It’s just too good at the moment. Can take out multiwound stuff and infantry way too easily at the moment. So good all round.

With the new Storm of Magic Lamassu rules… I love that having a Chaos Dwarf sorceror riding one effectively is two wizards who can take differnt lores. That’s epic.

Would love to hear how your list goes. Especially the Centaurs.

With Veshnakar’s list it would be very interesting to see how the Infernal guard fair in effectiveness vs the standard Warriors