[Archive] FW=WH=CD something that may shock you

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Forgeworld getting involved with CDs would make sense from the really big bad model perspective; I just don't see it from the standpoint of regular rank and file; Kollossus yes, blunderbuss CDs no.

Willmark
I think thats the reason FW are making them, first a new army (sort of), next a look into how well they will sell and last FW can make some great big deamonic thing that has a whole new angle for FW moderlers

And yes they will proberly be a book like IA to go with it, hay maybe some sort of campaign and new rules for different armys just go to show that one army can change a game forever

Grimstonefire:

One thing is becoming clear to me now, there is more chatter about the imminent possibilities of some sort of CD than there has been in many years.  So whilst I would really hate to build up false hope, the rumours are already out there for everyone to read.  From the discussion all over the web it might be concluded that something is coming!  Anything is better than nothing.

The way GW works, for this to be even vaguely rumoured (leaked) onto the web, I think whatever it is will be out within the next 18 months.

Henroth:

So… to have miracle, to have book of army Chaos Dwarfs ? :o

Well, if the models of Chaos Dwarfs of FW very to sell, is very possible look the new book of army Chaos Dwarfs.

Willmark:

Deadwrekka- my premise is based on IF a chaos dwarf army coming from GW; IF that happens I could see FW making certain bigger models (jugger, kollosus, etc), I don’t see them making troops.

Again this is predicated on GW redoing Chaos Dwarfs, of which my stance has not wavered since 2007 when I joined the site; I hope they do them I just don’t think they will.

Pyro Stick:

Deadwrekka- my premise is based on IF a chaos dwarf army coming from GW; IF that happens I could see FW making certain bigger models (jugger, kollosus, etc), I don't see them making troops.

Willmark
I wouldnt put conversions kits out of the question. A lot of the stuff FW make are conversion kits (Chaos Terminators to World Eater Terminators, CSM to Death Guard etc) so if this rumour turns out to be true then i think we should expect characters/heros, Warmachines, taurus and lammassu (eventually, although they will probably cost around £80 or something ridicolous), Bull Centaurs, probably a few golems/demonbound units (my guess is that if FW get to be in charge of CD then they are going to be very high tech for a warhammer army), and a conversion kit for troops, although now that i think about it, it would probably be better if FW just made a complete CD warrior instead of a conversion kit because dwarfs look nothing like chaos dwarfs and they would need completely different torsos, legs, heads/helmets/hats, weapons and shields so no part of a dwarf warrior could be used for a conversion kit. Maybe if GW came out with a chaos dwarf warrior kit FW could make a conversion kit to make Immortals or something. That would be cool.

Willmark:

Anything is possible, you raise some good points.

The big question is if CDs get redone.

Swissdictator:

I just realized I have a Forgeworld model! I won a painted Giant Spined Chaos Beast last year at a tournament.

I’ll ask around and see if tournaments would allow it. It says “Any Chaos army”… so I’ll check with both Demons and CD. It has rules…

Might be interesting to see the response.

Pyro Stick:

The big question is if CDs get redone.

Willmark
There is no if. There is only when. One way or another,by GW or FW, cd will get redone.

Willmark:

I hope you’re right but I still remain cautious.

Canix:

FW steampunk Chaos dwarfs or FW Demonbound Chaos dwarfs =win win if it comes to pass.Any GW love would be good,FW would be even better especially if it occurs before my beard reaches my toes :hat

Willmark:

More lime stone curse will set in, ah further :wink: