[Archive] Gav thorpe interveiw

Willmark:

Again this comes down to a “don’t hold your breath” type of announcement. Could happen, But Gav could be yanking our collective chains as well.

Rumi:

yeah but the whole “everyone was chomping at the bit” to write the CD book implies that everyone wanted to do it, and if that many people wanna do it that means that it’s pretty likely to get done. Or I may be completely wrong :hat off

AGPO:

Simply out of desperation I think they’ll do CDs soon. Theres only so many updates people will concent to buy, it’s one of the reasons for world wide cmpaigns, ogre kingdoms and such - this way, we’re not on Chaos 10th edition by now

zagor66:

I think GW are waiting for the right time to sell CDs because theres the mention of CDs in so much of the warhammer stories and thier such an interesting army to field.

Willmark:

Don’t get me wrong I’m as hopeful as the next for an update. However GW could very well likely just release a new PDF which I would rather have IMHO.

Tallhat:

Don't get me wrong I'm as hopeful as the next for an update. However GW could very well likely just release a new PDF which I would rather have IMHO.

Willmark
Me too tbh. At least for starters. And a PDF is at least feasable (spelling?).

- Tallhat

AGPO:

A PPDF is far less feasible than an army book. If GW were going to do anything thy’d do a miniatures range, they’ve said so before. If they’re gonna go to all that trouble then they’ll do a book as well, stands to reason.

Willmark:

My point is I could care less about a book right now. I’d much rather have an update now rather then the vague assertions of a new list later.

wallacer:

Games Workshop, by their own admission, are in business to sell miniatures.

If they redo CDs it will be in order to make money from a miniatures line, not a PDF file released out of some supposed sense of loyalty to their market base.

I think GT’s statement is actually pretty positive. He’s talking about CDs being redone, which in practice should mean miniatures and a book (and therefore me having to sell a kidney to buy said miniatures).

Uzkul Werit:

It’s a nice change from the dark years when Gav wouldn’t even mention the Dawi Zharr. If lots of people are eager to write it, it can only mean good things.

And I for one would love a Fishmen army. :smiley:

wallacer:

And I for one would love a Fishmen army. :D

Uzkul Werit
I would like a Deep One army, but that kind of Lovecraftian crossover seems unlikely :rolleyes:
Although Cthulhu as a special character would be kind of neat.

Willmark:

Hey could happen… Who was perdicting Ogre Kingdoms a few years back? I agree with you to a point Wallacer, indeed GW is a company to make money just like any other. However they can’t afford mistakes like the CDs of the past. So I would imagine they have to be careful. The only thing that makes me hopeful is the fact of the Hellcannon crew being CDs.

Pyro Stick:

And I for one would love a Fishmen army. :D

Uzkul Werit
I would like a Deep One army, but that kind of Lovecraftian crossover seems unlikely :rolleyes:
Although Cthulhu as a special character would be kind of neat.

wallacer
I have no idea what you are talking about but it sounds much cooler than Fishmen. Its such a rubbish name for an army.

Kera foehunter:

Anyway if there was going to be a fishman army who would they fight. Davy Jones???

wallacer:

Anyway if there was going to be a fishman army who would they fight. Davy Jones???

Kera foehunter
I guess they could fight anyone who happens to travel across water or live near a coastline.
Presumably they would worship Mathlann/Manaan or Stromfels (or Cthulhu :) )

I actually put down Cthulhu as my official religion on the last census we had here.��All hail great Cthulhu.

Canix:

Lovecraftian cthulhu army would be great to model could do it as a chaos army .H.P.LOVECRAFT books are the best horror ever written IMHO.

True metaphysical horror great stuff,if my Gs skills improve doing CD i would definately consider a cthulhu army great monsters:hat

Willmark:

The most experienced players in the Call of Cthulhu game are teh ones who have the highest Movement rates… :wink:

wallacer:

Call of Cthulhu: the only RPG where library use is a must have skill and books cause fear in players.

Canix:

Call of Cthulhu:��the only RPG where library use is a must have skill and books cause fear in players.

wallacer
Yes what a great game ,pick the right music,make props play late ,Scare the players .
Played RPG for 31 yrs and feel it was one of the best ,to play and run:D I gave all my figures to my brother in law as he collects and plans to run a mini campaign

Malificant:

i am a fan of fantasy flight’s arkham horror game as well.

anyone played fury of dracula?