[Archive] Generic List 2500

Cat Fashions:

I’m having a little trouble figuring out exactly what I want from this list. I’d like some critiques and, most importantly, some help deciding how I should equip my Bull Centaurs. Anyways, here it is!

LORDS

Sorceror Prophet - 375

Enchanted Shield, Earthing Rod, Talisman of Preservation, Level 4 (Hashut)

HEROES

Daemonsmith - 155

Dispel Scroll, Level 2 (Fire)

Infernal Castellan - 200

Ironcurse Icon, Mask of the Furnace, BSB, Shield

Hobgoblin Khan - 56

Light Armor, Shield, Wolf

CORE

Infernal Guard x28 - 536

Full Command, Blunderbusses

Hobgoblins x20 - 102

Standard, Musician, Shield

SPECIAL

Bull Centaurs x3 - 145

Full Command, Shield

Magma Cannon - 145

Magma Cannon - 145

Deathshrieker - 100

RARE

Hellcannon - 205

K’daai Destroyer - 325

TOTAL: 2489

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

MLP:

The whole list looks decent to me. People will often critisise the use of blunderbusses in your main unit but I like them. 3 bull centaurs may be a little small for 2500 point battles though but with great weapons they’ll be okay against small units

silentbob27:

I would drop a magma cannon and shrink the BB unit to 20. Then buy a unit of Hw/Shield IG. It will give you a bit more flexibility.

I like using 3x BC’s with Great Weapons.

Cat Fashions:

The whole list looks decent to me. People will often critisise the use of blunderbusses in your main unit but I like them. 3 bull centaurs may be a little small for 2500 point battles though but with great weapons they'll be okay against small units

MLP
I just got a bunch of thunderers for cheap off of ebay last week so I figured I'd give them a go. The idea with the centaurs is to run them down the flank opposite of my hellcannon and deal with things like war machines, missile troops, and other things that don't feel like running into range of my flame cannons.

MLP:

I just got a bunch of thunderers for cheap off of ebay last week so I figured I'd give them a go. The idea with the centaurs is to run them down the flank opposite of my hellcannon and deal with things like war machines, missile troops, and other things that don't feel like running into range of my flame cannons.

Cat Fashions
Sounds good to me. I do disagree with silentbob27 though, with only 20 blunderbusses you lose your to wound reroll after one casualty. 24 is the minimum I would take and I'd say 30 in horde is optimal.

Blunderbusses: Go big or go home.