[Archive] Ghrask Dragh's Army Blog

Xander:

Loving the Hellcannon.

A guess at #2 would be washes.

Willmark:

Hooray Ghrask is painting again! Now if we can ever get him to actually finish that Lammasu like will be good.

Seriously awesome work adn have some slaves to motivate you…

slev:

Arr, that be a mighty fine cannon.

Kera foehunter:

hobo in dwarf armor  he he !!  I like  that poor gobo with the club ( so cute)

I also like the shield you used for them.

Ghrask Dragh:

lovely work. Just a couple of questions

1. How do you do the metal work on your 'blunderbusses?'

2. Why do you work from a white undercoat? Is this some painting development I've missed?

AGPO
Thanks! metal on the blundies is...
> Boltgun Metal
> Sepia Wash
> Brown Mud Wash
> and if there is some detail that hasn't quite been picked out a thin wash of black

The white undercoat on the Hellcannon is for the washes, makes them stand out alot more, I thought I'd be finished alot quicker tbh but there you go.

I also use a white undercoat on individual miniatures as apposed to the army painting, I just think it looks better, all my CD's are undercoated black.

Thanks for the comments and slaves guys :D will post pics of the entire unit later on.

clam:

He hobbo’s looks nice - and the Hell Cannon looks very promising :hat off

And a question:

Is it the same method (the blunderbuss paint) you’ve used for those Hell Cannon wheels? As it just that colour I want for my Earthshaker.

Ghrask Dragh:

Thanks clam! I’m thinking I might leave the wheels as they are, they are just boltgun metal with one wash of sepia, what do you think?

Finished making the first 25 Hobgobs, just another 2 units of 25 to go… then I can start 2 units of 10 :rolleyes:

:cheers

Kera foehunter:

Kera cries you use all the old dwarf body for the hobos !!!

well ,great job ghash!!! they look cool with chaos marauder shield mixed in?

clam:

I’ll leave it as it is :slight_smile: - as said it’s just the colour I have been looking for - it looks great.

And the Hobbos had turned out nicely :hat off

grunts:

Haha, awesome job on the fat hobbos. I like.

Bassman:

You’re a genius! Love your hobgoblins… I should steal your idea… are they 6th ed dwarf bodies?

I could steal it for my 100 hobgoblins…

just fill up ther armor with gs…

Xander:

Nice stuff. :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Tharzhul Firehelm:

Your stuff looks good man, nice work keep it up.:slight_smile:

Pyro Stick:

chant Update! Update! Update! chant

Ghrask Dragh:

Ok settle down, settle down! :wink:

Just a minor update, wanted to do more but my camera hates me for some reason :~
I have been working on my hellcannon, trying to get the rust effect right, I think I still have a bit more work to do but it’s getting there. I have also been working on a unit of Black Orcs (just 3 more left to do) and then I will start painting up that unit of hobbo’s! Looking forward to that one :h

Anyway my hellcannon to date…

Pyro Stick:

Yay finally! I really like the green tinge the hellcannon has and i think the rust effect looks fine the way it is. Its going to look really cool when its done. I cant wait to see the unit of Black Orcs.

Bassman:

Holy Hashut, rust and weathering effects are way too cool! My compliments, how you get it?

More updates! :hat off

tjub:

The metal parts on the cannon looks excellent!

Obsidian:

The metals looks awesome! Might I ask how you achieved the look on the metal on the barrel? (with the green tinge)

I’m guessing lots of washes but would like to know which colour recipe you’ve used. :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

wow that is a great rust painted hell canon

its Perfect