[Archive] Ghrask Dragh's Army Blog

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

wow the armies looking good, colour scheme works very well in the pic of the army  :cheers

in the latest pic, what are the shields from?? :cheers

also where can you get the other “new” marauders from

Kera foehunter:

wow great champion, great army!!!

AGPO:

Awesome work Grask, the svivel gun team looks awesome

Ghrask Dragh:

Thanks!

in the latest pic, what are the shields from??

Boomstick

Sorry I missed this!!

they are from the new skeleton and grave guard boxed sets, though to save buying the whole lot I just got them here…

Age of Sigmar, Bitzbox - Warhammer Age of Sigmar and 40K Plastic & Resin Bits

… I think they fit the marauder minis well, certain shields suit certain miniatures I found. I will post more individual pics like the first post when I finish them, I mean if I finish them :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

lucky i wish we had a bit box store in the states

clam:

I just love your new blog Ghrask D! So many great miniatures in your collection - so I really hope you get some quality CD time soon :slight_smile:

- and after seeing Sjoerd Trouwee’s (Pulper’s) dwarves in there together with the Marauders and the 3rd’s - I made an order for a set af Dwarves of Myth as well :-). Thanks for making that clear (to me).

Btw. have you then given up on the Lammasu project then? - or is that a part of this army as well?

And how did the Blunderbuss conversion turn out?

Merchant:

Thank you, he is acctually the newest Chaos Dwarf available :) you can get him at Hasslefree Miniatures - http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/

Ghrask Dragh
Okay - I have never been looking trough the miniatures from Hasslefree, but I'm glad to see that some companies are still trying to keep the evil/chaotic within a dwarfs alive :)

Cheers mate :cheers

Ghrask Dragh:

I just love your new blog Ghrask D! So many great miniatures in your collection - so I really hope you get some quality CD time soon :)

clam
First off, sorry I've taken sooo long to reply, I should have done it when got back!! Thanks for the kind words, it's only taken me 6 months to get some quality CD time again :) thank god for those marathons.
- and after seeing Sjoerd Trouwee's (Pulper's) dwarves in there together with the Marauders and the 3rd's - I made an order for a set af Dwarves of Myth as well :-). Thanks for making that clear (to me).

Btw. have you then given up on the Lammasu project then? - or is that a part of this army as well?

clam
Always good to see Dwarves of Myth, look forward to seeing them with your 3rd ed and marauder stuff!!
Lammasu? I'm sorry I have no idea what your talking about ;)
I'm glad to see that some companies are still trying to keep the evil/chaotic within a dwarfs alive  :)

Merchant
Hell yeah, Hasslefree are the best!! (keep an eye open, theres more to come :hat off)

*Update*
Blunderbuss

Apart from the flesh, still trying a few things out to get it how I want it, these guys are finished!! The swivel guns were going to be bolt throwers but I changed my mind and now I'm using them as unit fillers for my blunderbuss. What do you think of the snow?

I will be going back and re-painting my marauder warriors, nothing too drastic so it shouldn't take long. Then I think I might paint one of mages, just a case of finding something good enough to do, they will obviously have to stand out.

:cheers

Lord Archaon:

Fantastic work as always Ghrask Dragh! The tree suits the unit very well and me think that bazookas are a fantastic unit filler. I’m glad that you didn’t convert boltthrowers out of 'em.:wink:

Pyro Stick:

That unit looks awesome and the xbowman turned out well. I think the snow theme is cool. I was thinking of trying out a snow theme myself…

Cant wait to see the rest of the marauders done.

Obsidian:

Really dig your colourscheme! The snowtheme works very well too. All in all great work. What’s next?

Ghrask Dragh:

:cheers guys!

What’s next?

Obsidian

I think I’ll do bits of the mage and keep the marauders for the next marathon (might try and squeeze 2 in this month, see how time goes).

I’m not sure what to do for my Lord on Taurus ( https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/6410 ) I’ll either convert the Taurus I have of do something completley different as a ‘counts as’ Taurus.

I wrote some fluff about a Chaos Dwarf Lord that was tricked into a venture and subsiquently got trapped in a haunted forest, there was a deamon involved that gained control over the lords mind, I was thinking of trying out some kind of deamon as a Lord on Taurus but that was a while ago. New Juggernaughts are pretty sweet though, might just use one of those.

I shall think on.

(any ideas or advise would be welcome :hat off)

snyggejygge:

Great painting on great looking models, thanks for sharing!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Considering how much I hate one pose units, but this seems to work, partially due to the colours and I think having the bazooka teams, tree, crossbowman, swivel team and snow all helped a lot. Kudos! Get some more work done!

clam:

Great update - and please take your time - we can wait :slight_smile:

And if those Marathons is the way forward - I really should join in too :smiley:

The BBs are so grat - lovely to see that Marauder Crossbow made it to that unit.

Btw: might steal that tree-thing on the Swivel Gun base. It’s from the Citadel Wood - right?

And:

Lammasu? I’m sorry I have no idea what your talking about :wink:

Ghrask Dragh
I shall help you recall - then ;):

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5989

Obsidian:

Ah yes, some colours on that beauty would be appreciated! :wink:

Kera foehunter:

nice blunderbusss love the blue face guy. i like the colors of this group

Ghrask Dragh:

And if those Marathons is the way forward - I really should join in too :smiley:

clam
Definetly the way dude, come one come all!! :hat off
Btw: might steal that tree-thing on the Swivel Gun base. It’s from the Citadel Wood - right?

clam
Yep, one of the branches, I will be using a couple of these about the place, work well for the more haunted surroundings I think. I have about 90 hobbos in my list so there will be a couple of unit fillers there :smiley:

My enthusiasm for Chaos Dwarfs is taking over again, and I do still like big hats, who knows what will get done :slight_smile:

Ghrask Dragh:

bump :smiley:

A few Hobgoblins I was messing around with, I think I will stick to a mix of these 2 sprues for my hobbo’s, though theres alot of them in the list so they are not going to be the best looking mini’s in the world :slight_smile:

and also an update on the hellcannon, nothing serious here I’m just picking it up every now and again while I’m in the middle of something else (my once tidy desktop is now a complete dump… oh well, it lasted a while I suppose :rolleyes:)

AGPO:

lovely work. Just a couple of questions

1. How do you do the metal work on your 'blunderbusses?'

2. Why do you work from a white undercoat? Is this some painting development I’ve missed?