[Archive] Golden Hat #7 - Painting Competition

Willmark:

Welcome to the 7th Golden Hat competition of Chaos Dwarfs Online!

Hitting upon a great idea the Staff is pleased to announce the following competition for the 7th Golden Hat miniature contest:

Create a duel!

Subject Matter

Create a Duel

So what do we mean by creating a duel? Create a small diorama, scenic base, or simply paint 2-6 models of any race involved in a scene with a chaos dwarf(s).

UPDATE FOR CLARITY:

Create a small diorama OR scenic base OR simply paint 2-6 models of any race. THE ENTRY should involve a scene with a Chaos Dwarf(s) and one other race.

Such a scene does not necessarily have to be combat related, but all models should be interacting. Obviously if it involves combat , so much the better! There are no restrictions on the base (if you choose to create one), only your own imagination.

Realistically this is a chance to really show off your talents. There are no restrictions as to what opponents are squaring off with the chaos dwarfs and it doesn’t have to be the all of the same race. By way of example perhaps some chaos warriors and orcs fighting against Chaos Dwarfs.

However to keep it somewhat consistent there are some size guidelines:

- Maximum 2-6 models

- Maximum size is 15cm cubed (6 inches cubed). Only flying models can be outside this size range. If there are any issues with this the Staff will decide and our decisions will be final. In order to avoid any potential problems with this, if there are any questions about the size of your entry contact one of the Staff beforehand.

- Models squaring off against the Chaos Dwarfs should be from another army in Warhammer fantasy battle or at least the fluff.

Particulars

Due Date: Thursday, October 30th, 2008 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)

Subject Matter: Create a duel! (see below for details

What is the deadline?

Once again same basic premise as last time; send all entries to the Golden Hat account no later then 11:59 PM October 30th, 2008 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone). Entries will not be accepted after that date and time regardless of how cool your submission is. (Around 8 weeks to complete your entry).

If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. in order to avoid problems. I “highly advise” that entrants do not wait until the very last minute to submit their entries…

How to Enter

Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the internet. Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as Golden Hats V, and VI)

If you win:

- Rightly take your place in the Golden Hat Hall of Fame Hall of Fame, where your glory will be remembered for years to come.

- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona *

- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 50 people enter we award 50 slaves to each person who entered.

*= As with GHV and VI: If there are more then 10 entrants the silver and bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well.

As usual once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting. And as always if there are any questions please PM me, another Staff member or post them here.

Willmark

Xander’s Note

As is started quite clearly above, you don’t have to make a diorama!

Create a small diorama [[b]OR[[b]OR[[b]THE ENTRY

Willmark
It seems that many people cannot see the forest for the trees! I must say I am disappointed that people cannot get beyond the “diorama” aspect of this competition. I thought both Grim and I explained how easy it was to enter the competition using miniatures that you WILL use in your army. I am not sure how else to explain how to make a duel without repeating myself, but it frankly seems necessary.

Let me give an example of a possible entry I could make:
Hrm… I really need a metal sorcerer for my army, it would be nice if the Golden Hat could motivate me to do this!

A duel?! Cool, I can create my metal sorcerer for my army and put him on a normal slotta base, and then place him on a small scenic base where he can be attacking some other foe! I’ll just slot him in the scenic base like I would a warmachine crewman onto a base holding a warmachine, and I can still remove him when I need to use him in my army.

Yay!

Xander’s Mind
Now let’s here no more excuses about how this competition doesn’t help progress your army. IT DOES! :stuck_out_tongue:

Filipicusius:

Hmmm, i doo have a few spare models,but none of them are dwarfs…

This one is going to give me hughe problems…

al-hashut:

Didn’t bring any other models to France with me, so i guess i’ll have to sit this one out. Good luck to all those who enter though

Ghrask Dragh:

Great idea!! this should bring alot of good entries, really looking forward to these!

Well done CDO team :cheers

Filipicusius:

Wahahah!!! That’s it!!! It will be a masterpiece!!! FEAR MORTALS, DOOM HAS COMED TO THIS WORLD!!!

Or maybey not, well see…

furrie:

I already have a great idea :P, now lets see if I can bring the idea to life

Lifer:

I got an idea as well. Actually like a thousand ideas, but one feels better than the rest. And now to work on my vision :smiley: Good luck to all who will participate!

furrie:

good luck every one

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Kera foehunter:

Kera has the winning idea !!!murraaaaaaha

Lifer:

Congrats then to you Kera already! I guess there’s no point competing then, why don’t we just hand the prize to her now? :wink:

clam:

I think I’ll pass this one. Dioramas isn’t my style. After this let’s get back to the basic CD army choises - shall we? Please :smiley:

Pyro Stick:

I think ill pass this one as well. I have loads of other stuff im working on at the moment (an Iron Warrior army and my second unit of Grey Knights) so i wont have the time or the skill.

I cant wait to see the entries though! Its going to be interesting.

Kera foehunter:

i did not mean to scare you guys off !!!

cornixt:

Hmm, I might be able to fit something in at the end of October. I think I’ll go with some “slot the bases into the diorama” models rather than leaving them permanantly in there.

furrie:

question about the size, do you guys mean 15X15X15 cm (english isn’t my first language)

Willmark:

question about the size, do you guys mean 15X15X15 cm (english isn't my first language)

furrie
That is correct.

two_heads_talking:

I had a great idea, and then realized it was innappropriate… lol… bad two_heads… lol

I will have to see if I can come up with something…

Willmark:

I have an idea as well as the opponents. Now I just have to find the time…

Filipicusius:

@two_heads: I’d like to hear more about this “inapropriate idéa”. Just curious.

Today i realised that on thursdays i have to leave home at 07.30 (AM) and won’t get home until 21.00 (9.00 PM)

Time isn’t on my side…

Ishkur Cinderhat:

“Maximum 2-6 models” actually means “minimum 2 models, max. 6” right? ^^ And the models have to be enemies, the topic being a duel and all? I just want to make sure I get the idea right.