[Archive] Golden Hat XII - Winners Announced

clam:

Wow! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Now, who would have thought that??

Should probably thank Bassman, Ishkur, M3lvin, Snotling a hole lot more for not entering - but I won’t :stuck_out_tongue:

I won, my first gold medal - and I know just where to put it - right there

And then, of course, a big thanks to those of you who voted for me and for my fire line - without you …

- and, a big thanks to all that entered this one. It’s guys like you that makes this comp so special. Without you …

- and also, a big thank you  must goes to Staff for giving us such an opportunity to test our hobby skills. Without guys like you …

Yes, okay - I’ll stop now :stuck_out_tongue:

Ohh! I forgot - thanks to Sjoerdo - without you … :wink:

kerbak:

Congratulations to all very nice work

note that any tall hat has between the winners, thats new to me…

Did I get any vote, just to know??

Loki:

Congrats to the winners, well done every one that entered all these great models :slight_smile:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hopefully on the next contest, I will do better.

Slaves?

Grimstonefire:

Not sure if you were reminding me to give people their slaves, but I have now. :wink:

We haven’t started thinking about the next GH yet.  What sorts of things would people be interested in?  Having just done this one with 5 models, imo the next one should be a single mini (or something with crew).

I would also be interested in doing a kollossus, seeing as I now have a truly awesome model concept on the go. :cheers

Nicodemus:

Not sure if you were reminding me to give people their slaves, but I have now. ;)

We haven't started thinking about the next GH yet.  What sorts of things would people be interested in?  Having just done this one with 5 models, imo the next one should be a single mini (or something with crew).

I would also be interested in doing a kollossus, seeing as I now have a truly awesome model concept on the go. :cheers

Grimstonefire
Yes, Kollossus or a Chaos Dwarf Watchtower... for use with the magic item in 8th ;)

~N

Shakhorth:

Or something with a flying carpet! Come on… A flying carpet! :slight_smile:

clam:

Kollossus real isn’t my thing - but if you do it as an open comp where siege towers, juggernauts etc. could be allowed, then fine with me :smiley:

But what this comp. really need is doing a mounted hero. Or list has lots of flying creatures so let see them :wink: - might even a open allowing people to enter flying war machine (Air ships, gyrocopters) - might help those that ‘only’ us their evil stunties as ordinary dwarfs. So why not - please, do enter a flying carpet :smiley:

And if you go for it - please give us at least a 6 week notice - or even better a full 2 month :smiley:

GRNDL:

@Clam

Its like the frakkin’ Oscars…

clam:

Lol - You think? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Forgot to thank my wife and family though - sure a Oscar winner would have remembered :smiley:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

What about a lava golem for GHXIII?

Since these are now officially mentioned in the fluff, we might just as well henceforth include them in our armies… :slight_smile:

Akhakk:

I think that a mounted hero would be a great choice (especially since I’m working on a Great Taurus and I also want to do a sorcerer on a flying carpet as well).

Obsidian:

What about a lava golem for GHXIII?
Since these are now officially mentioned in the fluff, we might just as well henceforth include them in our armies... :)

Ishkur Cinderhat
I'd have no problem with this. Since they got mentioned I have been thinking of making some to use as unit fillers! :cheers

P.s; wouldn't mind something mounted either! :D

clam:

Like Tjub, I would like to know a bit more about the veteran medal.

Can find the announcement:

NEW FOR CDO: Competition Veteran medals!

One of the great things about Golden Hat and the Artisans Contest is the way they they both draw so much participation from all our members. We can’t all have the skills of Snotling or M3lvin, but lots of entries helps make every contest that bit more special.

For this reason we’re introducing a special medal for those of you who’ve shown amazing commitment to the competitions. The Competition Veteran medals will recognise those who’ve gone the extra mile and entered many cool entries into either Golden Hat, the Artisan’s Contest or both. There will be gold, silver and bronze medals as usual but beware - these medals (like all our medals) take a lot of earning. Even if you don’t win a Golden Hat or Cog, there’s now a goal for everyone. So what are you waiting for? - get cracking!

Medals will be awarded retrospectively for entries to date, where applicable.

- A Gold Veteran Medal winner will receive a free (excludes p&p) exclusive model from Baggronor! Awesome!

Grimstonefire
- but what are the rules for getting this reward - especially how do I achieve getting the exclusive Baggronor miniature (is it made yet? - if so how does it look like?).

Obsidian:

Seconded!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Grimstonefire:

We’ve introduced the Veterans’ Medal as a non-exclusive way of encouraging participation, in much the same way as slaves and the other medals on the site. Like the slave system there is a set way to earn these medals, but the precise method is kept a secret.

This is to stop people simply entering half-hearted efforts to chase medals in the same way that some people flood or spam to get a high post count. The medals are awarded for being a frequent participant in our 2 main contests, so if you want to win a medal Artisan’s #8 would be a good place to start.

Which we will hopefully be getting started tommorow at the latest.

clam:

:smiley: - I’m almost to believe that the secret to who actually killed JFK is hidden in the staff section. Not to mention where Elvis went.

But fine - so reaching an unachievable gold medal to get myself a non existing exclusive Baggronor miniature - lol

I’m on a mission :smiley:

- now, let’s see what AC is about, shall we?

cornixt:

But fine - so reaching an unachievable gold medal to get myself a non existing exclusive Baggronor miniature - lol

clam
You're closer than most already. :cheers

Hashut’s Blessing:

Mwahahahaha :smiley:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.