[Archive] Golden Hat XIX

Xander:

At long last, the 19th Golden Hat competition is here!

This one is a big one! The K’daai Destroyer! In case you don’t know, K’daai Destroyers are massive constructs fashioned into the form of mighty warriors or iron beasts, such as gargantuan monstrous bulls and other nightmarish creations, awakened by mass blood sacrifice and set loose upon the enemy! Your task is to bring one of these to life! With the release of the Chaos Slaughterbrute, there are definitely a bunch of great models on which to base a Destroyer conversion. Let your imagination run wild! For those of you who are already in the process of converting a Destroyer, you may enter them in this contest, provided they haven’t been painted yet!

We realize we are a bit off track of our usual contest schedule. Sorry for this. We may run an Artisan’s Contest along with this Golden Hat to try and catch up. Stay tuned for news on that. But for now, down to business.

Specifics
Subject: 1 K’daai Destroyer on a 100mm by 150mm base.
Bases: Diorama style bases are allowed! 100mm by 150mm is a lot of base to work with and a Destroyer ought to be an army’s centerpiece. No Display bases or plinths, though, please.
Due Date: 11:59 PM May 21st, 2013 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)

Please sure to read the complete Golden Hat competition rules before submitting your entry.

Submission
All entries must be sent to the Golden Hat account no later than the due date. Entries will not be accepted after this. (Entrants have ~6 weeks to complete entries). If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries.

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the Internet. Photos may not have additional text or items/models unrelated to your entry. Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place in the vaunted Golden Hat Hall of Fame.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona (As with previous Golden Hats; if there are more then 10 entrants the silver and bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well).
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 20 people enter we award 20 slaves to each person who entered. Entries will count towards a veteran medal.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting and determining the winners!

If there are any questions it is best post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise.

ryanamandaanna:

If only I hadn’t already made and posted 2… sigh

Goltor Lintrepide:

Yes! Thank you so much, that’s gonna be a great competition! I’m starting right now, I can’t wait to see what poeple will come up wtih! :smiley:

Skink:

This is a kool one. Like the new format for the competition´s banner by the way.

Da Crusha:

k’daai destroyer sounds cool. don’t know if I want to participate though since mine is finished,…:idea or I can make another one for when someone wants to play 3000pts :mad.

tjub:

Hmmm, well see…

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Abecedar:

My first WIP being built in the same vane as the fireborn i did has come to a halt because I wasn’t happy with them.

Just lucky that another WIP idea has been forming around an idle model, so now to create.

DAGabriel:

Great thing, too bad that I am away on holiday for some weeks. Will take a look if I can manage!

bas_2312:

Cool! This might motivate me to finish my Destroyer :slight_smile:

vulcanologist:

hmmm…do I need one? Do I have the time to dedicate to this project?..no!..But then again it is Golden Hat!!!

Bolg:

Oeeeeh, the best incentive to finally start mine. Thanx guys!

(I’d wish I’d already started)

French_noodle:

i’ll try to make one ! that would be my first step toward the painting of my Chaos Dwarf army, and the first picture i post here.

Just have to finish my Epic Squat army first :mad

Xander:

Sorry to those who already have theirs painted! I knew we would encounter that. Not much can be done about that, of course.

Glad to see lots of excitement though!

Bolg:

Started on the body, no time like the present (:

cornixt:

My sculpt was finished a few weeks ago, I guess now I have to actually paint it!

Zanko:

Need to get an inspiration … must search in the depth of the www! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:hashut

Grimstonefire:

If my order arrives in time I’ll give this a go. My first GH in a while.

Xander:

Oooh! :smiley: Exciting stuff. :wink:

cornixt:

Need to get an inspiration ... must search in the depth of the www! ;P

Zanko
I used this for mine:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10308

Zanko:

I used this for mine:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10308

cornixt
I already read this thread - btw nice stuff!

My main problem is that I'm neither a good sculptor nor a brilliant painter, so I need to find some uncommon model which is easy to convert and paint!

I have an idea - not outstanding but I suppose that not many others will choose this model as a basis!

:hashut