[Archive] Golden Hat XXIX

Uther the unhinged:

Aaaaargh. Work, kids, christmas… Starting now. Sadly a good chance I won�?Tt get there… again.

HPN:

Started the painting yesterday, I hope to be able to finish it within the week, to not have to send it in hurry at last moment like last time!

Abecedar:

I had enormously over ambitious (yet again) plans to enter several models but I’ll be happy if I finish one.

tjub:

Haha, just started sculpting… :o

tjub:

…and finished the last GS this morning, still plenty of time! :stuck_out_tongue:

Abecedar:

@ Tjub. looking forward to seeing it. My bet is a referee.

tjub:

@Abecedar: :stuck_out_tongue:

And its done, first GH in a few years! Just need to get the photos tonight… :smiley:

Admiral:

Good effort, folks!

I’ve been unexpectedly invited to a short holiday trip. As a result, deadline is pushed forward to 30th of January since I won’t be able to attend the contest 'til then.

Make the most of the extra days if your entry still is unfinished. :slight_smile:

Abecedar:

Thanks for the extension Admiral but I’ll probably only get one finished anyway.

@Tjub. Lucky us, extra days to check the work we’ve done. God knows I found enough mistakes last night. I’ll find more tonight no doubt.

Uther the unhinged:

Thankyou Admiral. May just do it this time, scruffy cobbled together and poorly painted but maybe finished in time. Why does green stuff dry so slowly aaaaarghhhhh

tjub:

Thankyou Admiral. May just do it this time, scruffy cobbled together and poorly painted but maybe finished in time. Why does green stuff dry so slowly aaaaarghhhhh

Uther the unhinged
Put it under a lamp, or in the oven at say 40-50 degrees. :hat off

Abecedar:

................................... scruffy cobbled together and poorly painted but maybe finished in time. Why does green stuff dry so slowly aaaaarghhhhh

Uther the unhinged
Great.  That is two of the same calibre so no one will know which is mine.

Helblindi:

My entry is in!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Abecedar:

Here’s a little something that I couldn’t finish in time for this “Hat”. I thought I’d make the whatever it was into a trophy but I’m just not sure how to spruce it up some more

Uther the unhinged:

Greenstuff dry ( car heater did the trick tjub). Everything glued together ( including my fingers) basecoat on now just got a late night slapping on paint (sadly I think slapping is the correct description)

Admiral:

Got sick yestereve, maybe flu. There won’t be a morning thread, but voting is probably up later tomorrow unless the sickness gets much worse. Pardons.

Uther the unhinged:

My entry is in I think. Not sure if it made the deadline. I feel for you Admiral I/ve been down with it too today.

You know my entry looked quite good in my head. Hey Ho.