[Archive] Golden Hat XXIX

Admiral:

[align=center]

“Kick-off!”[/align]

Warcolours & Enjoysrandom presents: The 29th Golden Hat competition on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

This contest has been sponsored by Warcolours! This round, every single entrant will receive a �,�10 store coupon at Warcolours, courtesy of Poison:

[align=center][/align]

Furthermore, this round of Golden Hat has been sponsored by Enjoysrandom! The gold winner will receive this painted axeman with display case:

[align=center][/align]

The silver winner will receive a kit of four 15mm Tjubling Axemen from Admiralty Miniatures:

[align=center][/align]

While a random entrant will receive an unpainted kit of Slave Orc Heads of Ancient Times from Admiralty Miniatures (courtesy of Zanko, who graciously passed his previous Golden Hat prize on in this manner):

[align=center][/align]

Subject Matter: Blood Bowl!

For this contest we want you to model and paint Chaos Dwarf Blood Bowl team miniature/s of some sort, be it Hobgoblins, Minotaurs, Bull Centaurs, Chaos Dwarf players or off-the-pitch characters such as an apothecary, cheerleaders, coach, hired wizard or knocked-out player. Any combination of these kinds of Chaos Dwarf-appropriate miniatures are fine. You can enter with a single model, or up to a full team with sideline attendants (but only one team per entrant).

This is not a scenery contest, so do not include a stadium, spectator stands, dugout or suchlike terrain. However, you may photograph your miniatures on the pitch, a grassy plain, cobblestones or suchlike playing field as background.

If you are unsure if your entry will fit the subject matter, please contact Admiral or Bloodbeard and they’ll sort it out with the rest of the Staff.

Basing is unrestricted and up to your discretion with the following exception: Display bases and plinths are not allowed.

Specifics
Subject: Chaos Dwarf Blood Bowl.
Bases: Up to your discretion. No display bases, plinths, though, please.
The Due Date: 11:59 PM January 30h, 2018 UTC (Central European Time Zone)

Please read the full rules that apply to the Golden Hat competition before submitting your entry.

Submission
All entries must be sent to the Golden Hat account no later than the due date. Entries will not be accepted after this. (Entrants have approximately 6 weeks to complete entries). If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact Admiral or Bloodbeard. In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries.

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the Internet. Photos may not have additional text or items/models unrelated to your entry. Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place in the vaunted Golden Hat Hall of Fame (when it gets updated).
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona.
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 20 people enter we award 20 slaves to each person who entered. Entries will count towards a veteran medal.
- Win a display miniature, Tjublings or slave heads! See above for details.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting and determining the winners!

If there are any questions it is best post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise.

Should you wish to donate a prize to the contest, please PM Admiral and he will sort it out with you and the Staff.

Good luck everyone!

Willmark:

Might have something to enter here, we�?Tll see.

HPN:

Nice theme! Have to think out something!

Uther the unhinged:

Ooooh have an idea.Might be able to enter ar last.

Zanko:

BB is not my cup of tea, but I’m sure that I own some BB models … :~

:hashut

Skink:

Never had any interest in BB unfortunately… Will sit this one out!!! Good luck to you folks :cheers

Ghrask Dragh:

Well it’s that time again, time for me to think of idea after idea until my head hurts and then realise I haven’t got time to do the idea I settle on :slight_smile:

I’ll try my best again to make my first GH :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jackswift:

Hmmm… As with others this falls outside of my range when it comes to CDs unless the models also work for standard gaming. Will see if perhaps I can come up with something. May sit it out though.

Helblindi:

Count me in this time! I’ve got a pile of CD lying around waiting to be converted into blood bowlers :smiley:

Thanks Admiral, for the amount of variety between contests. Apparently, this is not for everyone, but that will be the case with any theme, so the change of theme is much appreciated.

Jackswift, you could make an apothecary or coach that could still be used as a daemonsmith?

Or a goblin player/slave. Not all slaves need to have weapons. Those in the back ranks can pick up the blades of their fallen kin :slight_smile:

Enjoysrandom:

Great to see the comp is up, hope someone who will enjoy my prize wins it.

With the last Chaos Dwarf themed blood bowl Kickstarter a massive success and with Pyro Sticks Blood Bowl thrower sculpted by Rozmax now up for sale I would have thought there would have been too many entries! come on guys This Model should make this comp easy and you even get a �,�10 Warcolours store coupon for entry! at only £6 a model you almost make money… and support the community doing it!

Jackswift:

I have a few ideas brewing… and will likely enter. Woe to the perfectly good models that will be sliced up in the name of conversion… Bwa ha ha. The Rozmax model is quite cool and I think I may have to pick one up just to paint it.

Tertius:

Inquiry:

Round Bases? (He asked, like a BB newb…)

Admiral:

Not obligatory. In case someone want to put their BB minis on e.g. 25mm square or hexagonal bases, we won’t forbid it. However, round bases are standard in Blood Bowl and you can’t go wrong with sticking to rounds. :slight_smile:

Abecedar:

shouldn’t they be football shaped?

Tertius:

shouldn't they be football shaped?

Abecedar
:D
I probably will give the BullCentaur one of the newfangled ovals. Or maybe a pair of rounds...

How big are the squares on a standard pitch? That would be good to know.

HPN:

shouldn't they be football shaped?

Abecedar
:D
I probably will give the BullCentaur one of the newfangled ovals. Or maybe a pair of rounds...

How big are the squares on a standard pitch? That would be good to know.

Tertius
Standard BB pitch was made of 29mm squares if i remember correctly.
Don't know if the new pitch got larger squares.

tjub:

The BB2016 pitches are 34mm squares and the miniatures on 32mm bases.

Abecedar:

Making some progress, though my initial dreams are starting to look (as usual) not realistically attainable.

Admiral:

How is your violent fantasy footballing efforts going, folks?

Enjoysrandom:

My entry is freshly completed, its pretty rushed but least it will be another entry!