[Archive] Golden Hat XXXIII

Admiral:

[align=center]

“A brave new world.”[/align]

Warcolours & AtomTaylor Presents: The 33rd Golden Hat competition on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

This contest has been sponsored by Warcolours! The gold winner will receive a �,�30 store coupon at Warcolours, courtesy of Poison:

[align=center][/align]

Furthermore, this round of Golden Hat has been sponsored by AtomTaylor’s OldHammer Miniatures & Wargaming! The silver winner will receive this unpainted and unassembled Boar Centaur kit:

[align=center][/align]

While the bronze winner will receive a kit of 15mm Bak-kak-ku from Tjub and Admiralty Miniatures:

[align=center][/align]

Subject Matter: Your own vision of Chaos Dwarfs!

For this contest we want you to enter with your very own vision for how Chaos Dwarfs (or their lackeys and creations) look like. This theme is particularly with Age of Sigmar in mind, since it’s a brave new world of a setting, and very much open for weird new takes. Of course, your own vision for Chaos/Infernal/Abyssal Dwarfs, for whatever setting other than Age of Sigmar, is just as welcome. See this as an open contest with an invitation to get experimental, if you like to think outside the box. All manner of scales allowed. One or more models an/or terrain pieces; you yourself set the upper limit. You may of course include non-Chaos Dwarf models and/or terrain pieces, such as enemies fighting your visionary Dawi Zharr. Build a diorama if you like!

If you are unsure if your entry will fit the subject matter, please contact Admiral and he’ll sort it out with the rest of the Staff.

Basing is unrestricted and up to your discretion. You may include plinths and display bases if you want.

Specifics

Subject: Your own vision of Chaos Dwarfs in Age of Sigmar.

Bases: Up to your discretion.

The Due Date: 11:59 PM September 23rd, 2019 EST (Eastern Time Zone)

Please read the full rules that apply to the Golden Hat competition before submitting your entry.

Submission

All entries must be sent either to the Golden Hat account and/or to chaosdwarfsonline ( at ) gmail.com no later than the due date. Entries will not be accepted after this. (Entrants have approximately 9 weeks to complete entries). If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact Admiral. In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries.

How to Enter

Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the Internet, e.g. with Imgur. Photos may not have additional text or items/models unrelated to your entry. Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:

- Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place in the vaunted Golden Hat Hall of Fame.

- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona.

- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 20 people enter we award 20 slaves to each person who entered. Entries will count towards a veteran medal.

- Win paints and miniatures! See above for details.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting and determining the winners!

If there are any questions it is best post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise.

Should you wish to donate a prize to the contest, please PM Admiral and he will sort it out with you and the Staff.

Good luck everyone!

Reaver of Uzkulak :

:o Great concept for a competition! Time to stoke the creative forges. Really looking forward to seeing the different ways everyone spins this theme. :idea

Dînadan:

Hmm, in the process of getting back into BFG and was considering adding some Chaos Demiurg/Squats to my fleet at some point; might have to consider bringing those plans forwards for this comp. �Y�"

:wink:

Admiral:

Looking forward to all the strangeness to come here. :smiley:

To summarize, this comp is open for whatever CD shenanigans you can think of, and bonus points if it’s something out of the ordinary.

Cheers

Reaver of Uzkulak :

Hmm, in the process of getting back into BFG and was considering adding some Chaos Demiurg/Squats to my fleet at some point; might have to consider bringing those plans forwards for this comp. �Y�"

;)

Dînadan
Fantastic idea, custom BFG minis are so cool and rarely seen these days. :idea

tjub:

Oh, cool! I should be entering this in some way… :slight_smile:

Jasko:

Ufff, typical Chaos Dwarf behavior, from one contest to the next, no respite :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll have to see whether I can cook something up.

Fuggit Khan:

F yeah!

An open theme Golden Hat with whatever interpretation of Chaos Dwarfs is a wet dream nerdgasm!

Sorry, my modeling brain is getting carried away :wink:

Thanks Admiral for such a cool open theme, I was secretly sacrificing slaves in hopes of this, after your cryptic hint about the upcoming GH

:cheers

Admiral:

All credit goes to Grimstonefire for coming up with the theme. :slight_smile:

Cheers

Zanko:

Oh, my goodness… again I have no idea what to do! :frowning:

Let’s see if I can come up with something extraordinary in the next few days … should probably not remember the 3rd edition models! :wink:

:hashut

Uther the unhinged:

Come Igor, our masters speak again. We need to provide more troops for the great temple. Yes Igor I know. But apparently we have been too conservative, too mundane in our thinking. We must think outside the forge, some red sky thinking is required. Yes yes and a lot of slaves of course!

Grimstonefire:

Interesting!

It’s very, very rare that I firmly commit to any competition these days… But I will enter this. Be rude not to really, being inspired by me! :smiley:

Jackswift:

A very cool theme. Somewhat stumped as to what to enter right now, but will figure it out. Crazy long contest timeframe there!

Abecedar:

My image of what Chaos Dwarfs are.

Your wish is my command!

Zanthrax:

Great theme - have something almost ready to go #controversial

Abecedar:

My image of what Chaos Dwarfs are.

Your wish is my command!

Abecedar
Your wish may be my command but the plan I'm trying to execute is proving harder than first thought. That One little detail that the whole idea hinges upon.

Abecedar:

Quick question. Having never done a plinth before, can it have a title on it?

Quote:

Photos may not have additional text or items/models unrelated to your entry.

Unquote:

Admiral:

Quick question.  Having never done a plinth before, can it have a title on it?

Quote:
Photos may not have additional text or items/models unrelated to your entry.
Unquote:

Abecedar
Yes, sure!

As far as no additional text is concerned, it's usually about typing in text digitally overlaying the entry pictures (eg. Comic bubbles) Plinths with plaques or other crafted or painted text is fair game. :)

Abecedar:

Thanks Admiral. My brilliant plan is currently stalled but I am not giving up.

Abecedar:

Still thinkin’. Probably going back to basics and start again.