[Archive] Gotrek... again!? [AoS]

Grimstonefire:

So having just read about this I am really surprised.  They just don’t know how to let a good series die!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/14/the-slayer-returns/

I’ve read up to Kinslayer, and for me that’s all I’ve been tempted to so far…  But seriously, they were both (presumably) long dead???

Abecedar:

I’m sort of over Gotreks inability to keep his oath

Dînadan:

Didn�?Tt Gotrek ascend to godhood or something?  Haven�?Tt read the End Times duology so no idea how that played out (according to the article that followed on from Zombieslayer which is confusing considering all the Nathan along written books should have been retconned out of existence with ET considering they�?Tre explicitly set post-SoC. �Y��

Dînadan:

I'm sort of over Gotreks inability to keep his oath

Abecedar
Not his fault - if Khorne would stop being a coward and came out to face him I�?Tm sure it�?Td end in a mutual kill.

Of course Khorne is essentially the anthropomorphic personification of War, so if Gotrek took him out, GW would have to rename everything to just �?~Hammer�?T and the games would involve two sides showing up and just staring at each other...

;P

Abecedar:

Sing n Dance off. Hammer-Time

Admiral:

Haha, this is certainly a kind of Warhammer alright! :cheers

Hashut’s Blessing:

By all accounts, his story is quite intriguing still. I’ve not read/heard any of the books prior to Age of Sigmar, but basically, he fought through the Chaos portal and ended up int he Realm of Chaos when the big ending happened, wandered the wastes there for some time and re-emerged after the Mortal Realms had formed. He misses his best friend and is in search of him (denying he is dead, realistically) and having to forcibly come to terms with the new worlds he resides in and particularly the new form of Dwarfs (he struggles with calling them Duardin). He is considered to be at least a Demi-god and currently has a Master Rune embedded in his chest, made from the Ur-Gold that comes from the exploded form of his patron deity, leading to agents of Order following him around because they need to know where it is at all times and want it back.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I have so far only read the short story called The Bone Desert. Turns out, it’s a novella AND in a compilation book I have. So if someone wants the unread novella (the story is exactly the same and I wasn’t aware prior to purchase), then let me know.