[Archive] Grand announcement: vacation in California

Bassman:

Hello dudes! I’m happy to tell you I’m leaving Italy very soon for a vacation in USA. My lovely sister lives in San Josè, California, with her family. I was there an year ago and I’m going to see her again in february.

I’m leaving the 2nd and coming back to Italy the 21st.

I’ll spend most of the time with her and my nephew but I can find time for a Warhammer meeting in the area.

Of course I will not bring my minis along with me but I’ll enjoy a nice chat with someone in the Bay Area or nearby San josè, Santa Cruz… anyone from there that wants to see a strange guy from the old world? :slight_smile:

I’m also planning a good Warhammer-hobby shopping thanks to good prices in USA.

What do you think? Anybody interested?

Regards Bassman :hashut

Cryonicleech:

Erm, my local area is in ontario, unfortunately, but still, that’s great!

If you can go there that’d be great, but otherwise, enjoy your vacation!

skabradisdead:

Santa Cruz is very cool…

Good eating and the boardwalk is always a good time… (hmmm… may not be open in the winter…)

Have a great trip!

Swissdictator:

Good eating and the boardwalk is always a good time... (hmmm... may not be open in the winter...)

skabradisdead
Not open in the winter? Santa Cruz, according to the web is currently in the 50s! That's gorgeous weather.

Silly Californians are probably wearing heavy coats too. :P It's 18 F here.

Congratulations Bassman, I hope you enjoy it! Sadly Wisconsin is a bit far.

Bassman:

Dunno why my first reply did not work.

Second try :slight_smile:

It seems that lazy Californians waste their time surfing or hanging around instead of playing warhammer! :slight_smile:

Where are they on this board?

One year ago I just hang around with a light coat or none and I was fine. Much better than Milan where we are covered by 30 cms of snow.

Supreme ruler of the Swiss ( I did not know Switzerland dictator actually lives in US… :~ ) : I was in Wisconsin more than ten years ago, some of my relatives live there, in Racine, close to Milwaukee.

It’s a nice place and they were very friendly. :slight_smile:

Well, when I’ll be in California I will look for some nice Warhammer shop there… :hashut

two_heads_talking:

If you are anyone visits the Washington DC area, give me a ring, I’ll be glad to have you over.

Bassman:

If you are anyone visits the Washington DC area, give me a ring, I'll be glad to have you over.

two_heads_talking
Thank you to both your two heads for invitation. I'll be happy to knock your door if I come to DC. Dunno really when... probably in distant future :)

Dannyfave:

Yeah I used to be from san diego but now live in wyoming… I look back to people in CA thinking it was cold if it droped below 60 F and I laugh…

Bassman:

Aaaaaaargh! This morning I woke up at 5:30 am and got to the Airport just to find delays and cancellations just because there were 10 cms of snow! They told I’d lost for sure flight connection in Paris and, to avoid the risk of being stuck in Paris Airport for one day, I postponed the flight to tomorrow! :frowning:

Damn Italian Airports!

Where is my heartshaker… :slight_smile:

snowblizz:

Aaaaaaargh! This morning I woke up at 5:30 am and got to the Airport just to find delays and cancellations just because there were 10 cms of snow! They told I'd lost for sure flight connection in Paris and, to avoid the risk of being stuck in Paris Airport for one day, I postponed the flight to tomorrow! :(
Damn Italian Airports!
Where is my heartshaker..... :)

Bassman
That's what you get for failing in your duty to Hashut!
Snow on the day when you try to fly to warmer climates.
Now we know who to blame for the blizzard.

Which ironically despite my username is nowhere to be found here.

Swissdictator:

10cm? A problem laughs hysterically Sorry, I do apologize, I’m not laughing at your plight.

It just seems funny to someone who lives where people don’t even blink at 30.48 centimeters.

I don’t know what a heartshaker would do, aside from cause heart attacks, but the Earthshaker might back fire by leading to more delays as they repair the airport :o

I hope it works out for you.

Bassman:

Hi guys, thanx for support. :slight_smile:

Here in North of Italy it snow at least one time per year, I supposed the Airports were ready for this event.

Even furter, this years this is the third time it snows, we had 20 and 40 cms before, so when I woke up and watched outside I said “ok, just 10 cms! Nothing to worry about”.

When you travel in Italy is always a surprise… “sick” :frowning:

Well, yes, maybe an earthshaker would cause futher delays… maybe my Taurus is able to get rid all of this snow… Oh, gosh! He got a cold :~ Damn it! :hashut

Swissdictator:

Plus an aircraft at half speed might not go fast enough to get elevation!

Didn’t you give him Vitamin C tablets?

Pyro Stick:

Looks like thats two of use who’s plans to go over to america didnt go according to plan.

Bassman:

Looks like thats two of use who's plans to go over to america didnt go according to plan.

Pyro Stick
Really? What happened to you?
I suppose coward Americans fear us Europeans and try to stop us entering the States.... ahahahhaah :D

No offense American friends, I'm stoooopid :P

Swiss: ahahhaha, I wonder how the captain would explain such a turbolence!
Oh, yes I tried to give the Taurus vitamin but he burned all slaves I sent to him. :h

Hobgoblyn:

Santa Cruz is relatively far from San Jose…

I know, I live in Oakland. :stuck_out_tongue:

two_heads_talking:

Yeah I used to be from san diego but now live in wyoming..... I look back to people in CA thinking it was cold if it droped below 60 F and I laugh...

Dannyfave
I lived in Cheyenne from the time I was 8 to the time I was 13 or 14. I remember a blizzard when I was 9. The school was only about a block and a half from my house, and my brother (younger than I) left before me. When I caught up with him, about 100 yards from the school, he was so tired of fighting the snow, wind and cold, he wanted to go back home. It was closer to the school than back home, but I couldn't convince him of that, so he went home. It was so cold that if you spit, it froze before it hit the ground. they never cancelled school. Here in DC, if they get snow flurries, they close school and everything else.. woosies..

Bassman:

Hi,

I finally managed to get to CAlifornia! This time flight was fine and on time!

Here the weather is gorgeous compared to Italy! 15-20 Celsius… WoooooW :slight_smile:

I got rid of jacket! :hat

Now I have to go… see ya later! :hat off