[Archive] Great Taurus inspired by Maul

Kera foehunter:

any more cool updates on the taurus finger.im. ohr ??

Maul:

I should probably go back and finish my taurus.

I got busy farming this spring and got swept up by my evil DOW army. I look forward to springing my evil slayer pirates on the world.

Seriously, you did reattach his manhood after you removed them? I will admit that thought of them shooting out at a away from his body as though they were being affect by some weird gravity, did make me chuckle a few times.

This model is only getting cheaper to try and make. With GW’s free shipping on orders over $15 you can get balrog or a set or two of the old dragon wings pretty easily and the plastic rodeo bull will only set you back at most $5 to $6. I am glad I could inspire someone else to take the plunge. :cheers

Mian:

Does that massive model fit on the appropiate sized base? I got the brass bull from repear minis for my taurus, but its a bit too small.

finger.im.ohr:

today i did some more work on my taurus.

i modeled the area where the right wing goes to the body.

i also got a base for him. the size looks very good, but the problem is, that he is overbalanced to the front. i pinned his legs to the base and lengthened the base with spring steal. the spring steal is very solid, but also thin so that it doesnt make any trouble in games. the other vertical spring steal pin is for stability while glueing. i hope i can remove it when the glue is dry.

so here are some pics for you. i hope you like it

greetz finger…

Mian:

is that the size base a great taurus should be on?

finger.im.ohr:

yes its a 50 mm base

Father Grumpmas:

Does that massive model fit on the appropiate sized base? I got the brass bull from repear minis for my taurus, but its a bit too small.

Mian
I guess it depends how big the wings are you want to put on it but I've got the brass bull as well and it is about the same size as the current CD taurus - I think it would be fine as a taurus. The original taurus was originally designed for a 40x40mm base but I think it looks okay on a 50x50mm - it's not supposed to be quite as large as a dragon.

There has been a bit of a size creep for the taurus because of all the cool converted ones out there but I still think the brass bull works well - the scales are very CD in my humble opinion.

Kera foehunter:

Looking good! love the skink cool idea

Borador:

sheer awesomeness ^^ real nice taurus

keep it up :slight_smile:

Bazil:

looking amazing truly Beefy and I should know Im a farmer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

AGPO:

Wonderfl work, I especiallylike the GS work on the wings - very smoothly done

Stubbs:

this is so inspiring! can’t wait to see it finished :smiley: