[Archive] Great Weapon Chaos Dwarfs

ryanamandaanna:

Does anyone really have a good option for this? I’m tired of using my hand weapon/shield Chaos Dwarfs and saying, “Oh, they have Great Weapons, btw”-- I’d rather they know by just looking at them. I know Baggronor is working on some, but Mantic doesn’t seem to have any (not to mention I don’t like their CDs), and most other places don’t seem to have any or if they do, they’re outrageously priced. Is there a good source for these that I’m missing?

aka_mythos:

I have them in pieces right now and it looks like things will got together alright, but I’m just simply using the FW models with the addition of the Chaos Warrior great weapons you can buy as bitz on GW’s website.

I’m sure they’ll be pain to form up ranks with, but they’ll get the job done.

cornixt:

As said above, your best bet is just getting some great weapon bits and converting.

aka_mythos:

I know some people are using the infernal guard with fireglaves, and just modifying their weapons by removing the firearm looking parts. Otherwise I think you’ll have to wait a while.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

The issue I ran into is the pose of the stubby right arm. It points so low that adding a Great Weapon to it runs through the fellow in front’s head. Not an easy conversion =(

Grimbold Blackhammer

ChungEssence:

Hmm, I just use my original big hat warriors with their massive axes. I haven’t used shields with them so they just hold their great weapons in the one arm.

Baggronor:

I may have some WIPs for you by Monday… :wink:

My Dwarf Royal Guard will be unleashed at Salute 2012 in April, even if it kills me. Command will follow shortly after.

Bassman:

I may have some WIPs for you by Monday... ;)

My Dwarf Royal Guard will be unleashed at Salute 2012 in April, even if it kills me. Command will follow shortly after.

Baggronor
Great news! :hat off

gIL^:

I may have some WIPs for you by Monday... ;)

Baggronor
Hats?

ryanamandaanna:

If they’re anything like his previous models, I would say probably not. :wink:

Baggronor:

There will be no giant hats on my dwarfs. Ever.

aka_mythos:

If chaos dwarfs were meant to be tall, they’d have been born coneheads.

ryanamandaanna:

They probably DO consume mass quantities. :smiley:

Smog:

I used normal dwarf warriors and marauder arms:

http://i42.tinypic.com/bfg7if.jpg