[Archive] Great Weapons(2)

Ugly Green Trog:

Ok so I am trying to find a bunch of great weapons to make Chaos dwarf warriors with, I would like em to look fairly regimented but I am seriously struggling with the lack of plastic great weapons anywhere, I want a pretty good number at least 40, what does everyone else use for GW?

Admiral:

I mainly use Dwarf Miner models (the BFSP ones), who look damn good when made into Chaos Dwarfs, running at the foe with great weapons raised. The pick axe heads are removed and replaced with Warriors of Chaos or Dwarf axes or hammers. Some little icon paraphernalia usually gets sculpted on the weapon, too.

A simple alternative would be to arm your Chaos Dwarfs with the 6th edition shouldered great weapons, or otherwise take the new Dwarf Warriors’ great weapon arms and stick them onto your CDs, perhaps sculpting some muscles and Chaos insignia.

Baggronor:

WoC/Marauder weapons.

Try eBay, there’s usually some people who sell sprues.

Ugly Green Trog:

I am currently toying with the idea of using AoW slayers with big hats and sculpting a sleeveless scale mail tabard for my regular infantry I need to buy a box when funds allow and experiment with the kit a little.

Baggronor:

I am currently toying with the idea of using AoW slayers with big hats and sculpting a sleeveless scale mail tabard for my regular infantry I need to buy a box when funds allow and experiment with the kit a little.
Its a nice kit, well worth the cash.

Might also be worth waiting a few months to see if GW redo Dwarfs - if they do, plastic Ironbreakers/Hammerers are a dead cert.