[Archive] Greebo Miniatures - The Volmarian Chaos Dwarves! (Fantasty Football Team)

Xander:

http://www.beastsofwar.com/fantasy-football/greebo-miniatures-chaos-dwarf-team/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Greebo Miniatures - The Volmarian Chaos Dwarves!

Neat.

gIL^:

Nice, But £80 asking price for that team is a bit far.

vulcanologist:

I love them but agree the price is just too much!

rabotak:

80£!? :o

thats double the price of gw’s ziggurats![align=justify][/align]

Bronze Bull:

Cool figs, I love the Bull Centaurs, but the price is too much. :confused:

Nicodemus:

Started to place an order for the 6 chaos dwarfs and a bull centaur (total 39.98 �,�) and the shipping to Canada comes up at 15�,�.  They’re already expensive models anyway, but that’s an additional 40% shipping cost!? :o Ouch. No way.

vulcanologist:

Impact miniatures stock them too. Don’t know if their postage rates might be more reasonable?

tjub:

They look great, I really like their centaurs. But as said above a bit too pricey…

Abecedar:

Not being a Bloodbowl person (who just bought a small team just to get Hathark) I shouldn’t comment but some of the CD players I do like but most not so much. It could be the grimace or grinding teeth look and the hobgobbo’s if thats what they are … sorry but no.

Nicodemus:

Greebo clarified that the shipping rates are for Fedex express courier, so that at least explains the high rate.

inkpwn:

Didnt i allready start two threads about this team?

Xander:

Didnt i allready start two threads about this team?

inkpwn
You may have, i do not know, I just saw it come up on Beats of War. :D

cornixt:

I like the dwarfs and centaurs, but not the goblinny things. Wow that is an expensive set, Forgeworld is cheaper!

Nicodemus:

Wow that is an expensive set, Forgeworld is cheaper!

cornixt
LOL, that puts it in perspective!

ryanamandaanna:

If I played Blood Bowl, I’d be all over these; they look a ton better than the GW ones!

tjub:

If I played Blood Bowl, I'd be all over these; they look a ton better than the GW ones!

ryanamandaanna
You should, its a great game! :cheers

inkpwn:

tjub aint lyin

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Zanko:

Really nice minis but I don’t like the Gobbo things and the overall grinning of the CDs is quite disturbing!

In combination with the high price … I quit!

:hashut

Xander:

gIL^
http://www.greebo.it/public/oscommerce2/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=214

80 euros, so about 70 pounds. 112 dollars canadian, or 108 dollars american.

For that you get 6 CDs, 6 Hobgobs, 2 BCs plus 3 markers.

Pricing that out in Canadian, that's like 5 bucks for each hobgob (30), 7 for each CD (42), 20 for each BC (40). Doesn't seem that outrageous. Fairly similar to GW.

Nicodemus:

gIL^
http://www.greebo.it/public/oscommerce2/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=214

80 euros, so about 70 pounds. 112 dollars canadian, or 108 dollars american.

For that you get 6 CDs, 6 Hobgobs, 2 BCs plus 3 markers.

Pricing that out in Canadian, that's like 5 bucks for each hobgob (30), 7 for each CD (42), 20 for each BC (40).  Doesn't seem that outrageous.  Fairly similar to GW.

Xander
Good break-down and perspective on them Xander! Considering most in the community would pay those rates on eBay, or pretty close to that for FW stuff, it's not bad for a set of pretty unique models.

Got the evil dwarfs and bull centaurs today. The dwarfs are a good size larger in scale than the GW Chaos Dwarfs, perhaps too large in terms of scale to have them side by side representing the same things. These see, closer to a 32+ mm scale (i.e. they are still dwarfs, so imagine a dwarf scale of a 32 mm human and these guys are maybe 28 mm to the eye from their feet.. can measure later). I still think I can put them to use as I wanted some detailed CD statues to sprinkle around the place but didn't want the same old run of the mill models in my units.

The bull centaurs are  also slightly larger than the GW ones in terms of overall scale, but they're pretty close to what I imagine FW might have had in mind ;) They fill out a 40x40 base quite well and don't necessarily look too small on a 50x50 base either!!  These guys will be going into my Temple of Hashut unit for sure!

FedEx made shipping a little more expensive, but they came very fast. There were even a couple of freebies in there too! One of the Hobgoblins, which are pretty close to the GW Hobgoblins, albeit slimmer and slightly taller,  and there was also a small guy in there, not sure what he is, but if you imagine a small version of a snotling that would be close.

I'll take proper measurements and photos comparing sizes tonight.
~N

P.S. Interestingly, the small model has "roll jordan" written on the tab. Is there any connection?!?