[Archive] green stuff beards for golums

richard barby:

i have never used green stuff before but for work i have used epoxi so i understand how it works but generally im useing kgs not gs of it

so i have 6 orges from an orge kingdoms box they are a kind of proxi golums i want to put beards on them down to around the belly plate on the orges . im going to bo them in ringlets/ braids like choas dwarfs 4/5/6 per model

can anyone offer me some advice in this as i dont want them to look crap and to make it harder 5 years ago when i got the models i built them before painting them :frowning:

snowblizz:

i have never used green stuff before but for work i have used epoxi so i understand how it works but generally im useing kgs not gs of it

so i have 6 orges from an orge kingdoms box they are a kind of proxi golums i want to put beards on them down to around the belly plate on the orges . im going to bo them in ringlets/ braids like choas dwarfs 4/5/6 per model

can anyone offer me some advice in this as i dont want them to look crap and to make it harder 5 years ago when i got the models i built them before painting them :(

richard barby
We should have a few good beard sculpting tutorials on here...?

nitroglysarine:

weirdly enough, i made one yesterday.

I made the beard with slightly thicker braids than I would with a cd, then the same method of ridging the braids

And another angle, in hindsight i would have flattened the part behind the middle of the beard to make it look more bulky and less pressed against the ogres chest

snowblizz:

nitro, dude. Smaller pics (they’d benefit form some cropping at least) and a focus… those are close to unviewable…

nitroglysarine:

Jesus, what happened there!
Ah - photobucket clearly knows better than me what size I should set them to.
_> sorting now.

And got some brighter pictures:-

Hope thats better!

snowblizz:

That’s more like it. At least you can see there’s supposed to be an Ogre in there somewhere. :wink:

richard barby:

so how do i make them what are the good tips so they dont look like a braided tential or worst still beard co@k

snowblizz:

Try this eg:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6848