[Archive] Greenstuff

Ghaust Mortium:

Is it possible to recycle used greenstuff and make it moldable again? Thanks ahead. :hat off

—Ghaust Mortium

Joshmohr:

Heh, i doubt it… If you could, it would take forever!

Khunag:

I’m pretty sure it’s not.

Ghaust Mortium:

Darn, I didn’t think so, but I was hoping there might have been one I never heard of.

GRNDL:

Nope, it is an irreversible chemical reaction that changes the properties of the final material.

If you want to keep it fresh longer when the parts are seperate, you can stick it in the freezer until you need it, but once its mixed, its only a matter of time before it cures.

Kera foehunter:

well you can make rocks out of the hard pieces, that’s what i do

Hashut’s Blessing:

If it’s a case of you’ve mixed up too much and end up with unused spare, then always have an idea of something to do with the rest if you need to use it up: such as, have the models you’ll be using and one spare, which gets the left overs. They can get the next lot of leftovers too until they are completed. Once near to completion, bring in another one, in case you finish it and still have spare :wink:

furrie:

Nope, it is an irreversible chemical reaction that changes the properties of the final material.  

If you want to keep it fresh longer when the parts are seperate, you can stick it in the freezer until you need it, but once its mixed, its only a matter of time before it cures.

GRNDL
If you have mixed it an dwant to keep it fresh for a little bit longer, you can put it in water. It worked for me.

Astranagant:

I ended up making a mold of the masks favoured by many on this forum (specifically the one Xander used), so I just push my remaining greenstuff into that. I expect that a standard mold made of greenstuff would work about equally well for the purpose.

After all, you really can’t ever have enough of those masks.

Kera foehunter:

i always give out my used pieces of green stuff away as chewing gum ??lol