[Archive] Grunts's Bull Centaur Hero

Kera foehunter:

i thought you where a little elf like 3 day partying with deers(stag)

lol !!!what did they do ,keep you in the pokie for 48 hour since you couldn’t post bond!

X-Porter:

equal parts Zeus, Odin, and Chuck Norris

grunts
Hey! You just read that off my T-shirt!! :mad

WarplockMonkey:

What about the head/mask from the dwarf thunderers sprue, CD’ed up a little bit?

Look See

It could work quite well methinks, do something like sculpt a bread underneath and Hashut’s your uncle :wink:

- Warplock

grunts:

@ Kera: I wish they’d stuck me in the pokie. It would have been warm and dry. Though lacking in buckets of liquor.

@X-Porter: I need that t-shirt!

@Warplock: you mean from the banner? Thats not a bad idea, maybe I’ll see if I have one kicking around.

Way too many models on the go at the same time right now so I haven’t done much to my BC except finish the GS work on the body.

grunts:

Ok, got some quality time in with the bull centaur hero today (quality time? uh oh, might be time for a gf). Anyways, here he is. He still needs a tail, and I may swap the axe head with the one from the Doombull model that I have lying around, but essentially done except for painting.

The beard didn’t turn out exactly how I wanted. I don’t know if anyone has tried braiding a GS moustache, but its damn near…nay…it is impossible.

slev:

You don’t braid the GS, you sculpt the pattern into a GS sausage.

Looking good thus far though. The head works a lot better with the beard.

furrie:

it looks awsome

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Kera foehunter:

dude!!! im buying you the beer now !!!if it took a 3 day stooper to do this good!!

Bassman:

I love the body of your bull, very nicely done!

About moustaches, yes, they are not easy to be done, yours look fine.

I made mine two ways, look at my death and fire sorcerer:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/8827

Death sorcerer:

I stuck to sausages of gs and detailed with a sharped knife, they looked a bit messy, then twisted them with my hand and turned upside. When they were half-hardened I retouched details.

Fire sorcerer:

my big problem was the moustache pointing outside, I decided to go for a pin inside! Then I shaped the moustache with a sharpened tool, to get this final result!

Hope to be helpfull,

Bassman

Ghrask Dragh:

Good job!

I like the beard but as impossible as it is I think the mustache could be more prominent, Bassman ha ssoe good stuff worth a try. I really like the hair running down the back (what is that from?) maybe it could join with the hairy waist and run a bit further down the bulls back? the bull body is looking good!

Do think some bull horns on the ogres head would be too much for this guy?

grunts:

@ Kera: your buying the beer?! alright! party at your place!!!

@ Bassman: thanks, I love your mustaches! I’m trying to go a bit more bestial with my bull centaur, plus I don’t think i can come close to your level of skill with GS.

@ Ghrask Dragh: thanks me amigo. the problem with the mustache is that i didn’t let the beard cure long enough before sculpting the mustache on. Time permitting, I may go back and redo it. The hair on the back is from a dark eldar sprue. Not exactly sure which one, but it is the crest for a helmet. I originally planned to give him horns, but with the position of the arms with the final position of the head its nearly impossible to fit them in. Oh well, live and learn

Bassman:

Thank you :slight_smile:

do not underestimate your skills, your bull body is super cool!

You recognized your mistake, I always make the beard and the moustaches in two steps, I finish one of them waiting to start the other until the first one is completely hardened!

I think your beard is fine as it is (even if I prefer curly beards :shy: ), your moustaches just need to be a bit deeper, they just need the part closer to the nose to be more preminent. You could also add the end of each moustaches.

Sorry for my English, hope you understand what I meant… :stuck_out_tongue:

Bassman

Glimpse the Void:

This is the singularly most rad centaur I have seen.  Nice work, and thanks for the inspiration. Also, as a general question, what is accepted as base size for Renders?

Taurian:

That is a pretty brutal BC. It all fits together so well, and I’m sure it will only look all the better once he gets a lick of paint.

Two questions:

1) Does he have a tail?

2) Is that a trick of the light underneath him in that first pic, or is he ‘anatomically correct’?

cornixt:

Renders are supposedly going to be on 50mm square bases.

Zanko:

I’m afraid to say that Glimpse the Void executed an act of threadomancy!

Grunts last visit at CDO was at 2010!

So I doubt he will answer your question soon! :wink:

:hashut