[Archive] Guns in Warhammer

Theory_Man:

How do you feel about blackpowder weapons in Warhammer?

Kera foehunter:

It is the great thing that they could of ever done for the dwarfs!!!

Theory_Man:

It seems weird to me to have troops with blackpowder weapons as a core choice is some armies.

Especially Empire armies.

Kera foehunter:

Well i played dwarfs having no fast calvery and slow movement they need something.Black power troops is what you need

cornixt:

While I have nothing against basic shot guns, steam powered weapons are taking it a bit far. They seem to be so popular, rather than just a few in the entire world

Willmark:

Empire is rediculous because of this, the dreaded “Empire Gunline” is no much fun to play against. Fortunately if you know your opponent is going to do this you can cheese out with 2 ES, 2 DR, 6 BT etc… :slight_smile:

gIL^:

i think theres just enough gun powder weapons, but empire went a bit to far with there big guns, steam tank should also take up 2 rare slots, the image of someone taking 2 stream tanks in 2000 pts is just scary

Willmark:

What you don’t like facing off against the 7th Panzer every game against Empire???

Uzkul Werit:

It should be restricted only to the most adavanced races. If Lizardmen start getting it, it’d be like the Robot Horse all over again.

WarplockMonkey:

I think it would be stupid if lizardmen get it, completely against fluff

Also if chaos get it, and i dont think elves need gunpowder

Theory_Man:

Correct me if I am wrong, but is there only suppose to be only around 12 steam tanks in the warhammer world?

Completely agree with steam tanks being a 2 rare choice.

wallacer:

A lot of GW’s competitors are making good money out of Steampunk.

I suspect that may be influencing them with things like steam powered weaponry, mechanical horses etc.

gIL^:

there was orignally 12 but then a like 6 were destroyed and 2 were hijacked by skaven, i like skaven, very funny

Theory_Man:

A lot of GW's competitors are making good money out of Steampunk.
I suspect that may be influencing them with things like steam powered weaponry, mechanical horses etc.

wallacer
What is this steampunk?

Kera foehunter:

Yea like the weedy elves could hold a gun (dont you know there not allowed to get dirty)

Lizard army ha ha now thats funny a saursus would shoot his foot.

AGPO:

Correct me if I am wrong, but is there only suppose to be only around 12 steam tanks in the warhammer world?

Completely agree with steam tanks being a 2 rare choice.

Theory_Man
I think it was fwelve built originally of which seven survive. I'll have a look. But yes two in 2,000pts is anti-fluff. The only legitimate cae for 0-1 IMHO