[Archive] GW has done it again. Calvary bullcentaurs

snowblizz:

oh noes.. RAW vs RAI..  It's the biggest and worst debate ever. the problem with RAI is that no one knows what the intention of the developers was.. and the problem with RAW is that no one seems to be able to read and comprehend English anymore..  lol

two_heads_talking
Let's put blame where it is deserved shall we? I contend that if the writing was better than "I guess they'll figure it out this is how we play" the reading would less onerous. After all we pay them to wrote rules, not to have to do the interpretation ourselves. And for the record in a majority of all RAW/RAI cases RAW is used to justify some weird or dubious interpretation. Often in an attempt to "show how badly rules are written" (in itself often abused as an excuse to just cheat).

Revlid:

The fact of the matter is that, in any friendly game, your opponent would rather you used Bull Centaurs with +2S Greatweapons than an(other) Earthshaker. Use this as leverage when deciding House Rules.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Got to read this on my store computer. I swear that if my home computer gets any slower, I’m going to install a crank on the side of it.

dedwrekka:

oh noes.. RAW vs RAI..  It's the biggest and worst debate ever. the problem with RAI is that no one knows what the intention of the developers was.. and the problem with RAW is that no one seems to be able to read and comprehend English anymore..  lol

two_heads_talking
Considering that they were written several editions ago, I'd say that they were intended to be played with that edition's rules. However, that opens a whole load of crazyness.

Kiwichris:

If you’re looking for a contemporary example to BC’s perhaps Centigors for Beastmen. The can use weapons like infantry (although they use spears like cav) and don’t get the +1 save but are considered cavalry in all other ways.

angryboy2k:

If you're looking for a contemporary example to BC's perhaps Centigors for Beastmen. The can use weapons like infantry (although they use spears like cav) and don't get the +1 save but are considered cavalry in all other ways.

Kiwichris
Shh! You're being the voice of reason. No one wants that!
:)

Steve

Swissdictator:

If you're looking for a contemporary example to BC's perhaps Centigors for Beastmen. The can use weapons like infantry (although they use spears like cav) and don't get the +1 save but are considered cavalry in all other ways.

Kiwichris
This is how they're treated in my neck of the woods. Doesn't the direwolf FAQ treat them like this? The Direwolf FAQ is basically a backup to the GW FAQ in my area.

Thommy H:

For the record, there was actually also an FAQ on the subject in a White Dwarf shortly after the release of 6th Edition (#259, I think) that specified that single-wound “cavalry” models used weapons like infantry. Now, whether you assume 7th Edition’s cavalry definition overrules this or not is down to personal preference, but it’s another GW FAQ in favour of the US GT ruling.