[Archive] GW rules of speach in stores

AGPO:

In the end, you’ve got to turn round and ask yourself if its worth kicking up a fuss about it, or just being tactful with the ****ing little ****** ****er and letting it go…

@ Sojourn - I’ve always said its hypocritical of GW to complain about its offensive laguage when almost its entire female miniatures range is along the “fangs and thongs” school of design

snowblizz:

well gw fixed the deamoneets  sorry all you guys

Kera foehunter
I've got something along the lines of 24 old metal deamonettes, so I should be set with miniature boobs for the time being. :P
@ Sojourn - I've always said its hypocritical of GW to complain about its offensive laguage when almost its entire female miniatures range is along the "fangs and thongs" school of design

AGPO
I take offence at the suggestion that nearly naked women would be somehow offensive!

Big corporation hypocritical? Surely not! How could they...:rolleyes:

two_heads_talking:

I say if you get a rise outa 28mm boobies, you really need to get out more… Seriously…

snowblizz:

I say if you get a rise outa 28mm boobies, you really need to get out more.. Seriously..

two_heads_talking
I'm just going to say that you might be drawing a bit too far gone conclusions there.

Though there's the story about the guy who joined the WHFB Dwarf mailing list looking for companionship. He had misunderstood the summary though.

Swissdictator:

Meh, I always thought the 6th edition daemonettes to be best. 5th and 7th style look far to goofy with their lobster claws.

Though the lobster claws could make for some interesting conversions… “Red Lobster” army anyone?

BilboBaggins:

They probably changed them because of the prudish attitude of puritan America.

I saw pictures of a costume comp at a games day somewhere in Europe where 3 girls dressed as daemonettes (only one had a visible top and it was the color of her skin). My only comment I could come up with was they wouldn’t allow that in the USA. Of course my wife would probably slap me for staring.

But that would be great use of free expression though.

Swissdictator:

I know the picture you’re talking about.

I love how there’s a young boy and a teenage/20something woman staring at the trio in a very Slaanesh way. I thought two had skin tone bras though…

I don’t think the figures bother anyone that much, aside from the very religious folks… who, quite frankly, are probably put off by the fact you can play demons in the first place!

Then again, I was once at Wal-mart with a friend. I was teasing him for building a demon army (6th edition era). I said "You just want a demonic legion of Khorne so you can shout “BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE”.

Now I didn’t say it louder then I talk normally, but once I finished saying it we turned, and there were some Mennonites staring in horror at us. I felt horrible, but we kept moving. Looking back it is pretty funny.

BilboBaggins:

I know the picture you're talking about.

I love how there's a young boy and a teenage/20something woman staring at the trio in a very Slaanesh way. I thought two had skin tone bras though...

I don't think the figures bother anyone that much, aside from the very religious folks... who, quite frankly, are probably put off by the fact you can play demons in the first place!

Then again, I was once at Wal-mart with a friend. I was teasing him for building a demon army (6th edition era). I said "You just want a demonic legion of Khorne so you can shout "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE".

Now I didn't say it louder then I talk normally, but once I finished saying it we turned, and there were some Mennonites staring in horror at us. I felt horrible, but we kept moving. Looking back it is pretty funny.

swissdictator
I went over that image several time, and had a few people on the old Yahoo forum SOC SLayers agree that only one had a top.

In America if you said that either everyone would bypass you for being a possible lunatic or if they did approach you all you have to say is Freedom of Religion. :o :hashut Personally I try not to antagonize organized religions, I don't want them starting a new inquisition. :)

It does sound as funny as one of my former co-workers going into the Amish market in Philadelphia's Reading Terminal wearing a Sympathy for the Devil shirt.

two_heads_talking:

I saw pictures of a costume comp at a games day somewhere in Europe where 3 girls dressed as daemonettes (only one had a visible top and it was the color of her skin).

BilboBaggins
Those were body suits.. Take a look closely at the pics and you will see the wrinkles where the suits bind up..  And those things(girls?) were Fugly..
In America if you said that either everyone would bypass you for being a possible lunatic or if they did approach you all you have to say is Freedom of Religion. :o :hashut Personally I try not to antagonize organized religions, I don't want them starting a new inquisition. :)

BilboBaggins
If you promise not to antagonize, I promise to keep my inquisition at bay..

BilboBaggins:

I saw pictures of a costume comp at a games day somewhere in Europe where 3 girls dressed as daemonettes (only one had a visible top and it was the color of her skin).

BilboBaggins
Those were body suits.. Take a look closely at the pics and you will see the wrinkles where the suits bind up.. And those things(girls?) were Fugly..

two_heads_talking
I really have to find that picture, I forgot where I saw it and of course I forgot to save a copy. I don't remember seeing any of the tell tale signs of body suit, and the image I saw was a decent size on the computer screen (they cut out the boys leering I think).

Doesn't the Sun Newspaper in London that have topless women (are they really topless in print) on page 3. Their website has them topless in most images. If the newspapers in the USA did that the government would shut them down for indecency but the sales of that edition would be through the roof.

snowblizz:

Doesn't the Sun Newspaper in London that have topless women (are they really topless in print) on page 3. Their website has them topless in most images. If the newspapers in the USA did that the government would shut them down for indecency but the sales of that edition would be through the roof.

BilboBaggins
It probably still has. I know there was talk about removing it. British "newspapers" aren't particularly known for their class though. Sort alike their tabloids...

What puzzles me and many Europeans I guess would be that "americans" have a problem with say the page 3 girl, but there's nobody picketing Hooters.

Seriously, there is no way anyone would even consider opening something like that here. It would get so trashed for "exploiting women" it wouldn't stay open for even a week. Or so I'd imagine, who knows? On the other hand, there *are* stripclubs. Not *that* many but they do exist, in fact a friend tried giving directions to his apartment by using one as a point of reference. I had no idea where it was, I don't know if it is to my credit or not.
Stripclub works, but a Hooters wouldn't most likely not fly. We humans are weird huh?

BilboBaggins:

We just have an idiotic man suing Hooters because they wouldn’t hire him to be a waitress.

Strip clubs are now called Gentleman’s Clubs, advertising stopless go-go.

Swissdictator:

Bilbo: I do live in the states! :stuck_out_tongue:

I live in Wisconsin. I suspect, as I live in a college town, that it’s dismissed as goofy college student behavior.

I think the prudes are just ‘louder’ about things, either that or I’ve been in an unusual pocket of people who are not prudes. As I don’t think we’re as prudish as we’re often made out to be.

snowblizz:

We just have an idiotic man suing Hooters because they wouldn't hire him to be a waitress.

BilboBaggins
Haha!
Sometimes you guys just crack me up!
Waaay too many lawyers for your own good

Frivolous lawsuit perhaps?

BilboBaggins:

We just have an idiotic man suing Hooters because they wouldn't hire him to be a waitress.

BilboBaggins
Haha!
Sometimes you guys just crack me up!
Waaay too many lawyers for your own good

Frivolous lawsuit perhaps?

snowblizz
Yes, because Hooters has beaten those suits in the past.

I consensus on the site I first saw that was that the guy was just trying to get money for NOT WORKING.

Theory_Man:

BilboBaggins
Those were body suits.. Take a look closely at the pics and you will see the wrinkles where the suits bind up.. And those things(girls?) were Fugly..

two_heads_talking
I really have to find that picture, I forgot where I saw it and of course I forgot to save a copy. I don't remember seeing any of the tell tale signs of body suit, and the image I saw was a decent size on the computer screen (they cut out the boys leering I think).

BilboBaggins
You saw it in a thread here
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5704

BilboBaggins:

I wasn’t on this board at the time, it appears to be the same trio but I thought I remembered a different pose.

I’m getting old.

Now who here has a GF or wife that would dress that way (even in private)? I know my wife would laugh at me if I even thought about suggesting it.

I’m sure I’d never see anyone dress like that at Baltimore Games Day, I wonder if I can get the cash to go this year.

Kera foehunter:

lol 28 mm boobs !!just to see you guys line up to buy these models!!

P R I C E L E S S !!!

They know how to sell to you guys!!!

BilboBaggins:

I never bought them. But I’ve seen some great but not family movie suitable paint schemes.

slev:

Daemonettes have varied over the years. The 6th ed ones where the best, then the originals. The current plastics are OK.

I have no problem with the whole semi-clad female thing IF there are also semi-clad males and fully-clad females. We need the balance.

I had a great deal of difficulty sourcing several female models for a project which called for them to be dressed equivocally to their male counterparts. I had problems with sufficiently clad yet recognisably female models (i.e. not just a male figure with longer hair and cleavage), save in the case of finding a sufficiently scanty-clad barbarian. Most where either completely coveres or completely naked. Hmmmm.