[Archive] GW - Started doing empire upgrade sprues

nitroglysarine:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440005a&prodId=prod900126a

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440005a&prodId=prod900127a

Enough there to upgrade 10, but at £16 for just the upgrades, and £20 for the knights plus more to get 10 models, its not for me!

There is a feel of the Forgeworld unit upgrades here. Odd they weren’t held back for Warhammer Forge really.

But at least it does hint of the possibility (perhaps) of a new set of empire knights - which the range does really need.

Baggronor:

Enough there to upgrade 10, but at £16 for just the upgrades, and £20 for the knights plus more to get 10 models, its not for me!...Odd they weren't held back for Warhammer Forge really.
To be fair, they know they're not going to sell that many of them, so a high price is understandable to an extent. Doing them in metal and releasing via GW might be more likely to get a good return.
But at least it does hint of the possibility (perhaps) of a new set of empire knights - which the range does really need.
Does it? I would have thought it signals the opposite myself, otherwise why bother making these? Surely any new plastic set would have alternate Order parts as standard. The current knights are a very dated set though, its true. New ones would look awesome, judging by the likes of the Kurt Helborg model and the recent plastics.

nitroglysarine:

Enough there to upgrade 10, but at £16 for just the upgrades, and £20 for the knights plus more to get 10 models, its not for me!...Odd they weren't held back for Warhammer Forge really.
To be fair, they know they're not going to sell that many of them, so a high price is understandable to an extent. Doing them in metal and releasing via GW might be more likely to get a good return.

Baggronor
True I guess.
Does it? I would have thought it signals the opposite myself, otherwise why bother making these? Surely any new plastic set would have alternate Order parts as standard. The current knights are a very dated set though, its true. New ones would look awesome, judging by the likes of the Kurt Helborg model and the recent plastics.

Baggronor
Yeah, sorry that's what I meant, I was typing while being tugged out of the doorway. I did mean to say 'oh god no' are they delaying them again?

Novogord Vivendi:

Baggronor
Yeah, sorry that's what I meant, I was typing while being tugged out of the doorway. I did mean to say 'oh god no' are they delaying them again?