[Archive] GW stores no longer carrying HellCannon?

Draconis:

I was in my local GW store last night, and I was looking specifically for one of the Hell Cannons, having remembered that they had one. Not seeing it, I asked the red shirt if they had any. And to my shock, he informs me that the stores are no longer allowed to sell the Hell Cannons.

Can anyone confirm this? Obviously, I can order it online from GW itself…but I’d rather be able to walk into a shop and get it.

Pyro Stick:

It wouldnt suprise me. GW are getting more stupid by the day.

Xander:

Ya, they are slowly leaving the GW Shops. I scooped mine up when I was leaving GW after 5 weeks working retail. It was their last one. They won’t be ordering more.

Arashi:

They haven’t had them in the stores since the SoC campaign ended, but you can always order it to the store (normally cheaper then to order it home). Same goes with all the special characters that were released during SoC.

If you have spotted any Hellcannon after the SoC, it’s probably only because they weren’t sold suring the campaign.

minty:

yeah, the HC was a storm of chaos release, the only worthwhile thing to come from the campaing but now since GW says SoC rules are now illegal all of the models that are only SoC are being recalled

Pyro Stick:

So you cant use the Hellcannon now?

Draconis:

Well, the main thing I wanted it for was to basically ‘Count as’ an Earthshaker Cannon. I mean I have three of the things, though apparently the shell and board it’s carried on have been lost for a third. So I need to basically make a green stuff replica of both pieces or get one from one of you guys if you have a spare lying around.

I’m also in the market for an extra Death Rocket, as I have two Crew with no Death rocket to fire. I could make a conversion though, that is possible.

But yeah, I basically wanted the model because it is nice and looks awesome.

Lord Darkash:

You can still use it in friendly games but not in any tourneys, not that you have been able to for the last 2 years or so…

Rattler:

Yeah, they’re not on shelves at the bunker I live by, but you can always order them through the store.

Traitor King:

Well, I brought mine a month/2 months ago from my local store and i think they still had one, if not more there.

And, as rattler said, you can always get it of the online store or simply order one through your local store.

grom:

yeah, the HC was a storm of chaos release, the only worthwhile thing to come from the campaing but now since GW says SoC rules are now illegal all of the models that are only SoC are being recalled

minty
not in Poland, armies from soc are allowed (except Middenheim, Slayers and ArdBoyz) in limited tournaments... :P

minty:

strange, world GW rules say no SoC rules but hey, polands a far away, the big bosses probably forgot to sned the message

metro_gnome:

SoC is also still legal in the US… as are Chaos Dwarfs…

grom:

strange, world GW rules say no SoC rules but hey, polands a far away, the big bosses probably forgot to send the message

minty
no - all people who are familiar with games workshop products know their decisions about their hobby...

its just consequence of Polish mentality (and reality in our country)...

and in all Poland isnt far away (just take map and look in "right" of Germany)...

Nehan:

Poland is really ignored by GW, and thus they have no influence on polish WFB scene - our rule clarifications are sometimes even called “Polhammer”.

The Slaver:

Yeah for poland and the US! at least they actually understand fluffyness when they see it! They are apparently the only two places that still allow two of three armies ive ever used; Chaos dwarfs,and the slayer army.

grom:

in Poland slayer army of Karak-Kadrin from soc is banned :stuck_out_tongue:

metro_gnome:

and it would be nice if the US banned the broken slayer army aswell…
i think i’d like poland…

Uzkul Werit:

Poland is pretty nice. I was there two weeks back. Warsaw is really impressive.

Anyway, Hellcannons. Yes. We still have a few in GW Cardiff. I can never remember anyone using one outside of Mega Battles. We have terrible luck with the things!