[Archive] GW upcoming release schedule

AGPO:

via 75Hastings69 and Faeit 212

Tau are the first 40k release of next year (after the Deamons which release for both at the same time) and before Eldar.

Dark Angels are, after CSM and before Chaos Daemons (Last codex of 2012)

Should look something like… Sep CSM, Oct WoC, Nov DA, beginning Dec Hobbit, busy few months eh and next year looks likely to continue the pace.

I believe CSM will be in the WD after the starter box issue and release end sep/begin oct. then same pattern for WoC, DA & Hobbit. Does seem a lot to cram in before the end of the year but I’m reliably informed this is what’s happening…of course I could be wrong.

White Dwarf

393 starter

394 CSM

395 WoC

396 Hobbit

No SoB for a long time yet

For clarity running order for 40k & wfb =

40k starter

Chaos Space Marines

Warriors of Chaos

Dark Angels

Chaos Daemons/Daemons of Chaos

Tau

High Elves

Eldar

Lizard Men

That little lot should take us to around this time next year or a couple of months after (plus waves of models in between the codex/army book releases… oh and the hobbit stuff).

So this is What 2012 should look like…

Chaos Space Marines: End of September

Warriors of Chaos: End of October

Dark Angels: End of November

Hobbit: Beginning of December

Chaos Daemons: last codex of the year? End of December?

Tau: First Codex of 2013

The first part of this looks similar to what I have heard for White Dwarf. White Dwarf for October is full of Chaos Marines. So with my sources and Hastings (which is very reliable, I have to go with this set. In essence everything seems to line up)

October white dwarf articles are all about chaos

Chaos Marines and Dark Angels before years end.
As an old school Realm/Hordes of chaos collector this is great news, although I am a bit peeved that High Elves, Orcs, WoC, DoC, and Lizards all get two updates before Wood Elves and Brets get even one.

Kera foehunter:

Hobbit stuff !!

snicker snicker I though Gw learn there lession with the lord of the ring figure flop…

French_noodle:

I though Gw learn there lession with the lord of the ring figure flop.
I'm afraid it was a huge success, actualy.

Indeed the plastic LotR range is pretty ugly, but nevertheless, the three games following the three movies, and then the complete game, made GW earn a LOT of money, which was immediatly used in R&D, giving us amazing plastic kits in the years after.

Although LotR killed all the potential parallel games such as Epic, Mordheim etc etc, it did had a great success, even if nowadays the game isn't in very good health..

The Hobbit movies are pretty frightening to me, everything leaking about them seem totally crap in my opinion, so maybe this time it will be a failure, but i sincerely doubt it.

Let's prey for the death of this bad game and rebirth of the great Mordheim :cheers

evilskull52:

Let's prey for the death of this bad game and rebirth of the great Mordheim :cheers

French_noodle
death to the game that killed my child hood and praise the all mighty game of mordheim :cheers

Grimstonefire:

Vaguely related, there is supposed to be some kind of centauroid gun creature for CSM.

I’m loving the volume of rumours now. I think it’s better even than what I call the golden era for rumours around 2004-2007 time. We haven’t had it this good in many years certainly.

Kera foehunter:

Bring on the Dwarfs. To hell with the rest of the list !!!

Grimstonefire:

@Kera

There is a loooonnnng list of LOTR dwarf related stuff that was ‘leaked’, subsequently taken down, then dismissed as being an elaborate fake…

Unless they do some finecast Dwarf stuff, rumours for new Warhammer Dwarf models point at the end of 2013.

Warhammer Forge Dwarf stuff in the last month or so of this year and into next though.  Hopefully.

Kera foehunter:

Any updates on the new wood elves and dwarf release this fall

Anyone ???

Pyro Stick:

Any updates on the new  wood elves and dwarf release this fall
  Anyone ????

Kera foehunter
I thought Wood Elves had been pushed back to 2014?

snowblizz:

Anyone ????

Kera foehunter
Not sure where you get *that*.

CSM is out this month, WoC will get a WD armylist update next month (according to the very reliable rumourmongers) and then we hit Hobbit land.

rpitts2004:

Anyone ????

Kera foehunter
Yeah dwarfs are way later (end of 2013 or start of 2014) unfortunately which is the reason I stopped playing them. And that most people at Bugmans are a bunch of pansies so you can't trust any information that comes out of that drunken rage hole

Kera foehunter:

Anyone ????

Kera foehunter
Not sure where you get *that*.

CSM is out this month, WoC will get a WD armylist update next month (according to the very reliable rumourmongers) and then we hit Hobbit land.

snowblizz
That is why I ask snookie !! :hat off
and it made your day to tell me so
Thanks hun
Kera

snowblizz:

That is why I ask snookie !! :hat off
and it made your day to tell me so
Thanks hun
Kera

Kera foehunter
So that means you are JWOWW?

And I want to put a bullet in my brain for knowing that.