[Archive] gw washes **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

Kera foehunter:

I getting to the bottom of my old washes

I see they have change the name. Is there a link or a thread that

will show me the new names to the old gw washes

Free cookies :hat off

thanks Kera

fairoaks024:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

There you go

Regards

Jim

Thommy H:

Here.

brotsorrow:

I really like the new washes… especially the nuln oil. The new line of washes is so much better than the old inks.

CopperPot:

Its funny at work at the moment I work in metal fabrication and powder coating and we buy powder from HMG who now make the new range of paints for GW and for some reason they have named there powder range of paints after GW paint names.

Working on a job the other day that was powder coated ultramarine blue and another in badab black how funny as I’m the only person who knows were they get there names from.

brotsorrow:

lol, thats awesome

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Kera foehunter:

well thanks guys this is a great help

FREE COOKIE TO ALL

on a side note i first read badab black

i though it was bad ass black.

Bassman:

Its funny at work at the moment I work in metal fabrication and powder coating and we buy powder from HMG who now make the new range of paints for GW and for some reason they have named there powder range of paints after GW paint names.

Working on a job the other day that was powder coated ultramarine blue and another in badab black how funny as I'm the only person who knows were they get there names from.

CopperPot
LOL, great! :hat off

Hashut’s Blessing:

That’s what my (now ex-)boss called it. To the customers as well.

snowblizz:

Working on a job the other day that was powder coated ultramarine blue and another in badab black how funny as I'm the only person who knows were they get there names from.

CopperPot
In all fairness, "ultramarine" is an established colour way before GW. In other words, Ultramarines are named after the original colour and not the other way around.:P

Badab black I'll give you though.

Caveat Emptor though!

The new washes are not the same old washes. As everyone who was a Devlan Mudder has learned to their cost. That one is miles different.

CopperPot:

They recently changed it to Ultramarine so far theres about nine colours they have changed.

cornixt:

Why would you need to name black as anything other than “black”? Unless you plan on doing lots of shades that are very close to plain black (which no one ever does, unlike white), it seems unnecessary.

CopperPot:

We work with about six different types of black (powder names) as for white theirs alot of different colours

G.2:

I had the same thing happen, and so I did a search online, and found this:

From the Warp: Devlan Mud and Badab Black wash replacement

It is for those of you (like me), who want an EXACT match for your Devlan Mud and Badab Black. I will buy some of the new washes, but I want the old shade of the washes as well.