[Archive] GWs Free Shipping Rules Have Changed

Nicodemus:

As of today we now have to spend more money on GWs on-line store to qualify for free shipping.

Free Shipping

It used to be $20 US would garner free shipping. This has been increased to $30 US or $40 Canadian. Totally silly considering shipping to Canada doesn’t cost much more than shipping within the US, despite what everyone in the US seems to claim (I’ve done it). The other annoying bit is that the Canadian dollar has been on par with the US dollar for quite a while and last I checked the CDN dollar was worth more than the US dollar :wink: That’ll fix 'em, I’ll just buy everything in US dollars via their on-line store. Grumble grumble…

~N

furrie:

Here in the netherlands nothing changed (yet), it still on an order over 15 euro

kin slayer:

Its still £10 in the uk, at the min

nitroglysarine:

did it used to be £50 for free shipping many a year ago?

I recall it being more.

Baggronor:

did it used to be £50 for free shipping many a year ago?
Quite possibly. It was certainly more than a tenner.

Joshmohr:

Wow thats a pain… $30 here, it used to be 15.

GRNDL:

These days there’s absolutely no reason to buy direct from GW at all: shipping, import tarriffs, the wait time. Your FLGS can get you pretty much anything you need if they’re connected - even Games Day specials, collectors ranges, etc. GW will sell it all through distributors if asked, so why bother with their online ordering?

GW have always been taking advantage of fleecing Canadians through their dollar when its on par with the US. First it was the “we can’t reprint all those boxes with a rapidly fluctuating price”, so some Canadian stores sold the models at US prices in Canadian to counter it.

I’d like to see a deal that makes me want to buy from GW again. I used to buy tons of bitz from them, but well, you know how that went.

Minos:

It’s still 15 �,� in France, no change yet.

kin slayer:

look’s like there staying at £10 for the uk. (got an email off them today)

snowblizz:

Your FLGS can get you pretty much anything you need if they're connected - even Games Day specials, collectors ranges, etc. GW will sell it all through distributors if asked, so why bother with their online ordering?

GRNDL
That's one thing my LGS guy always complains about. According to him GW won't let them order certain stuff. Eldar Autarch, Lizardmen Terradons and quite a few other things.

GRNDL:

Your FLGS can get you pretty much anything you need if they're connected - even Games Day specials, collectors ranges, etc. GW will sell it all through distributors if asked, so why bother with their online ordering?

GRNDL
That's one thing my LGS guy always complains about. According to him GW won't let them order certain stuff. Eldar Autarch, Lizardmen Terradons and quite a few other things.

snowblizz
Its definitely not easy. I've heard some horror stories about their distribution - under allocation, bad inventory tracking, minimum orders and the like, but a tough FLGS owner will get through all of that.

snowblizz:

Its definitely not easy. I've heard some horror stories about their distribution - under allocation, bad inventory tracking, minimum orders and the like, but a tough FLGS owner will get through all of that.

GRNDL
Which isn't exactly great since the WH stuff is in a toystore that is so-so interested in continuing, it just isn't that profitable. So the guy who's basically the heart and soul of the WH community around here is administering the WH stuff for the store. Doing the orders and deciding what it pays to keep in stock.
One thing he continually says is "it's like they don't want us to sell stuff, I'm a hardline anti-capitalist anarchist and even I think they are being odd about it". Says a lot if the guy who has been described as so red he is infra-red thinks GW isn't being capitalist enough.

The situation seems to be that GW is losing the battle for webmarkets badly and to try and force customers to use the webstore to shore up slumping sales they try and limit what can be sold.

The whole free shipping deal started, what over a year ago, with free shipping months, that they kept extending and extending. Considering their closest competitor has done it for a long time now I always thought it silly they didn't just accept that they can't make it more expensive to buy online than in stores.