[Archive] Hair with Big Hats

Morden:

Hi everybody!

So as you see, I’m new to the forum and to Chaos Dwarfs. I’m waiting for my Battle for Skull Pass set to arrive at the mail, and in the meantime I’m sculpting (or trying to, at least :P) some Big Hats. It took me a while to decide the look I wanted for my army, but for now I’m going with Big Hats, I think they are such an important characteristic of CD’s.

Anyway, I wanted to ask the Big Hat users: how do you guys sculpt the hair at the back of the figure? Long, short? Braided like the beards? I’ve been looking for some picture of the back of a Big Hat CD, but couldn’t find any clear enough :/. If you can upload a photo of one of your minis to show this, it would be so much appreciated!

Thank you everybody! Btw, I have some more doubts about how to start with the conversions, so expect to find a couple more threads anytime soon :stuck_out_tongue:

:hat off

Pyro Stick:

On the original models the hair at the back is dreadlocked like the beards so i suggest you just do that as well if you are using dreadlocked beards.

GRNDL:

For me, it varies by the status of the model being sculpted/converted and how lazy I am. If its a lowly champion, then the hair is usually free, long and unstyled. But if its a Lord, Hero or an aesthetically “noble” unit, like Blunderbussers, then I take the time to give it the curled/coiled dreadlock look.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

If any hair is visible, I keep it curled to match the style of the beards. :hat

Hashut’s Blessing:

For my warriors, I just use the hair already sculpted on the model, although I may add a flap over it (whether cloth or metal is yet to be decided), but for my first attempt at sculpting (my avatar: Rykarth the Unbreakable), I sculpted the “dreadlock” style as hair.

Go with your preference though. Decide what looks good and what you can be bothered to replicate dozens of times. If it’s a case of one looks great, but is too time consuming, do that one only on characters and a simpler one for the masses.

tjub:

I too do all my hair curled the same way as the beards.

Morden:

Thank you everybody! I appreciate all the answers =)

I think I’ll do as Hashut’s Blessing says, use the default hair for most of the warriors (not to consume too much time on that) and sculpt some curly hair for commands or heroes =)

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, let us see as soon as they’re done and glad to be of help ^^

Morden:

Uuuuuuuuuh, my BFSP box arrived today!! I can’t wait to start converting :D:D:D

Fequiil:

For me, it varies by the status of the model being sculpted/converted and how lazy I am. If its a lowly champion, then the hair is usually free, long and unstyled. But if its a Lord, Hero or an aesthetically "noble" unit, like Blunderbussers, then I take the time to give it the curled/coiled dreadlock look.

GRNDL
so, if i get it right, your bb's do have dreadlock hair, but their champion doesn't?!;P