[Archive] halfling hot pots

Kera foehunter:

while reading the rules ! I found it funny that it has a missfire chart

and it hits at at st 3 what in it ???and no arrmor save eather!!

is there any one here that uses it in battle and is it as strong as most artillery??

Thommy H:

It’s a cooking pot. It has no armour save because no war machines have armour saves! It’s much weaker than other artillery (but much cheaper too - except in Ravening Hordes, which is a misprint).

Kera foehunter:

well i never thought hot pot as artillery!! just like the goblin doom diver

just a big rubber band

BilboBaggins:

It’s considered as a stone thrower (like the Doom Diver, Earth Shaker, Death Rocket, Etc). It is S3 (I thought it was S6 under the hole) and no armor save against the hot peppery soup (eats the metal).

speedygogo:

The oop mini for it is preety cool too!

BilboBaggins:

I have one, and it’s fun to put in the game even though I don’t expect it to even recoup it’s low points cost.

Kera foehunter:

i also think it a cute model !! i just got one so i was reading up on it!!

grom:

and it cost only 50 points to field :wink:

BilboBaggins:

Can’t beat a 50 point war machine that makes people laugh.

jolpis:

50 points?!. thats awsome. where can i find the rules? can you use it in a cd army?

and the model is beutiful. look so comic and yet so threatening

Alan the evil:

no you cannot use it in CD army…

it’s an empire’s war machine

cornixt:

Actually it’s a DoW machine and it can be used as a rare choice in CDs.

BilboBaggins:

The rules were printed in the Warhammer Annual (2002, 2003, 2004) if you can find a copy.

They had them available on GW’s website but since Australia switched over to the new corporate style site they ren’t there anymore. You can ask if someone who been collecting the rules (there are a few here :hat off or you can go to Ravening Hordes, a Yahoo Group, who seem to have all the rules in their files section. The file is called ROR Part 1.pdf for the Dogs of War Army list (Hot pot is there) and RoR part 2.pdf for the regiments of renowned.

two_heads_talking:

Halflings are very proud of their food. When a cook finds a soup that isn’t fit for the troops, he hooks it up tothe hot pot flinger and tosses it at the enemy.

mine is painted red, white and blue with stars on the white chef’s hat and red and white striped aprons.

nothing is more demoralising than getting a cauldron full of foul soup dumped on you while in combat.

snowblizz:

nothing is more demoralising than getting a cauldron full of foul soup dumped on you while in combat.

two_heads_talking
IIRC the description for the machines states that you might get hit by the cauldron, and if you are real unlucky you'll take a hit from the soup instead!

How can you go wrong with a machine like that!?!

BilboBaggins:

Hor spicy soup that melts armor. Gotta love it.

I usually got mine to hit a target maybe 1-2 times a game. I really want to hit a Lord character with it (D3 wounds).

Neil:

Does, it actually melt the armour, or just drip through the gaps?

And by the way if you get a direct hit on a unit of Empie Knights it can be very good, unless you then proceed to roll 6 ones.

two_heads_talking:

you only hit everyone in the unit if you manage to draw los to the flank… otherwise, it’s treated like any other cannon type … aim, guess range, roll dice, bounce etc…

Neil:

you only hit everyone in the unit if you manage to draw los to the flank.. otherwise, it's treated like any other cannon type ..  aim, guess range, roll dice, bounce etc..

two_heads_talking
No, no. You have misunderstood. It works like a stone thrower, so guess range, roll for scatter, then place a template. I got it smack in the middle of a unit of Reiksguard in two ranks, and with some very good rolls for hitting partially covered models, manged to hit 7 of them. It was as I was thinking, cool 7 hits, 4's to wound, no saves, this is going to make a decent dent in this unit that I went on to roll the 6 ones.

two_heads_talking:

If that is the case, I’ve played it incorrectly since I’ve had my DOW army…