[Archive] halloween(1)

starscream:

Anyone got any cool costumes and parties planned for halloween?

Am having a party myself on the friday night where I will be serving a little concoction I learned about in Chicago. I’ll be dressed as Batman and my gf as Robin…

Then on Saturday we are all going to a metal club in Newcastle for a big fancy dress party where I will be dressed as…Starscream!

Anyone else got anything special?

warh:

some years ago i dressed up as a ringwarith.
and last year as a zombie on the halloween day in school
but have no plans for this year(some day i must do a master of the puppet costume)

m3lvin:

I’ve had plans for some years now to make a scorpion costume,

just because it’s looks so easy, and that he’s so frikkin cool!!

perhaps this will be the year… :slight_smile:

“get over here”!!! :smiley:

Pyro Stick:

I stopped going out a few years ago. I live in a small village so its not much fun when you are 19.

Ill probably be making loads of pumpkin pie though. If theres enough people around i might organise a get together.

torn:

Am having a party myself on the friday night where I will be serving a little concoction I learned about in Chicago. I'll be dressed as Batman and my gf as Robin...

Then on Saturday we are all going to a metal club in Newcastle for a big fancy dress party where I will be dressed as......Starscream!

starscream
newcastle UK?

starscream:

Am having a party myself on the friday night where I will be serving a little concoction I learned about in Chicago. I'll be dressed as Batman and my gf as Robin...

Then on Saturday we are all going to a metal club in Newcastle for a big fancy dress party where I will be dressed as......Starscream!

starscream
newcastle UK?

torn
Yep... Trillians Rock Bar followed by Legends club.

torn:

that is so random thats where i go out on the very odd occasion that i do! though havent been to legends in about 3 or 4 months :frowning: where abouts are you from?

have you been to krash? ive never been but a mate of mine from school who i have on facebook is the DJ there saturdays.

starscream:

I live in Gateshead.

I used to go to Krash when it was CubaCuba and Little jeff was the DJ. Who djs Krash now? is it Carter or Andy or someone?

One of my good mates Richie djs legends so I tend to go there when I’m in a clubbing mood which isnt often these days. I tend to just hang out in Trillians or The Percy.

Legends is a good laugh but I’m one of those long-beards who still misses The Mayfair.

torn:

Johnny Stokel, i think he is the DJ he might not be, might be promoting or something, all i know is he sorts out free tickets on saturdays lol.

Legends is pretty good, i used to go to cuba cuba but i moved away for uni when i was 18 came back about 3 years ago so havent had too much newcastle rock scene experience, although i can say that it is getting less metal and more emo as the years go by . . .

I am also from stanley so i do all my light drinking away from the toon lol

starscream:

Phew, been painting my costume… unfortunatley Starscreams white colouring was taking too long so I’ve had to hastily switch to Thundercracker.

I’ll post a pic when done.

slev:

I’m dressing as an old-school/underground metaller…

Zanko:

At halloween I have to go to a (presumably boring) wedding party … :frowning:

:hashut

starscream:

just carved a pumpkin for the party, rather pleased with it, what do you think?

Willmark:

Awesome Dude.

Taking the kids Trick or Treating here, they are 5 & 3 1/2.

snowblizz:

While we do not celebrate Halloween here. Well there’s a bunch of sad people who try to push it on people. So I’m not officially going dressed as anything.

However I just had 2 teeth removed so I now find I have a very authentic “bloody vampire smile” so with that black cape I bought long ago for a friends party I’d pull of vampire quite easily. I guess I should find some goth-chicks to hit on. They’d probably fall over themselves at the sight.

Vasquez:

Merchant and I are hosting a small halloween-party as always… and this year I’m going as either a zombie nurse or a female Joker in nurse dress… I think It’ll be the zombie nurse… since we’ve got a latex leg somewhere to go with it :slight_smile:

Here in Denmark halloween is not a common tradition though… the supermarkets have adopted it quick though… since they make some money on it…

Willmark:

Makes sense Vasquez, in terms of its modern form its a UK/USA mix/mash up of a holiday.

Of course I would suspect that most people know its true origins on this site:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trick-or-treating

Vasquez:

It’s not that I don’t know the origin of Halloween… but here in Denmark we have no tradition of this holiday (which is kinda strange since it started in Europe)… But our supermarkets are very eager to adopt stuff like Halloween and Valentines in order to sell more crap :wink:

Willmark:

Not saying you didn’t it was more for those who might not know, or understand the modern version that has become Trick or Treating…

cornixt:

My kids loved it this year. We live in a new neighbourhood so there are hundreds of young families. I dressed as a devil with horns sculpted by my wife, my wife was an angel, and the kids were fish. I’ll see if I can get a picture.