[Archive] hashut(?) in midrash as a dark master

khidr:

Hello. im one of chaos dwarfs fan live and born in south korea.

And this is my first thread on foreign site.

So, sometimes(or many times) i writing in wrong grammar or word, please understand in a tolerant way. thanks.

Anyway, as i write, some entity called the master of darkness(whose sign is taurus, the bull, who is black in color)

‘And after light, what will create?’

‘darkness(the sign of the taurus).’

‘after that?’

‘Gemini as form of man.

After that, I will create sign of crab, for man,

when he rises from his toil and reaps from it.

And sign of leo, they will strengthened like a lion.

And sign of virgo, because man will be happy likea virgin at her nupitals.

And I will make scales as libra, man’s deeds will be measured as on scales.

Afterwords I will make scorpio as sign of judgement in purgatory,

but man will sprung from punishment as arrow from bow(sagittarius).

Then i will make capricorn the goat, for man ascends like moutain goat.

After I will make dipper(aquarius) for cleanse human soul.

And last, I will create pisces the fishes, as evil eye can’t effect on water, mans will rise from mundane world and protected from stars.’

But end of the days, master of darkness said, ‘I am who made darkness and pit of hell!’ And he opposed to god with his angels.

But finally, hell will punishes his arrogance.

This is the story shortened. conclusionally, this bull-like dark master is lord of hell and darkness before creation.

Hashut is just fictional god, but it really similar in appearance and title(master of darkness and father of darkness), isn’t it?

This is the end of this thread. thank you for reading.

Admiral:

Welcome aboard, and neat find! I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Rick Priestley and the rest of the gang of the Games Workshop studio were aware of this, and consciously gave Hashut the Father of Darkness title as a reference. The Games Workshop studio was filled to the brim with learned people back in the day (and they may still be, not in the know there). At one point in the 1980s they spoke 8 languages between them (including Farsi, Persian), and sported a great number of archaeology degrees. Truly the best heirs of Tolkien.

cornixt:

I think someone may have taken a few liberties with the text in order to insert the zodiac into it. This is not a well known part of a huge volume of old texts, and half of the signs don’t really make sense. I can’t even find the text online to confirm it. While the zodiac was around at the time the torah and related texts were written, there aren’t any cross references between the two that couldn’t also be down to common themes of the time (like the number 12).

I’m going to say it is more likely coincidence, although an interesting one at that.