[Archive] Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings

Kera foehunter:

So poo bear (h. b.)!!does this fit the same as wolf riders !!! lol

i like the use of the cold one i like the choise in rider of the wolves

Lord Bzaark:

i feel sorry for that BB model :s, but you did what any good (if that is what we are) chaos dwarf player would do and saved the model. i think he looks better that way - amazing what a simple hat swap would do.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Lord Bzaark, I’m hoping to win Willmark’s anti-hat competition so I can give him a nice new hat and give three more models hats :stuck_out_tongue:

Hashut’s Blessing:

The links to some of my pics are down for me as well now, so I’ll go investigate that, but I’ve just totalled all the pics and it comes to 1,208 points (if the second Siegeshaker is taken as a death rocket) and even without the hero (as he can;t be seen atm), it still comes to 1,094 points. Mr. Xander, a medal, if you please?

EDIT: Okay, all fixed now. I thought the hero was the one in my avatar, who has actually become a unit champion, so I need factor in my avatar too: Totals at 1,230 points.

Kera foehunter:

come on sweety!!! let see your army please

Hashut’s Blessing:

I updated the links, ya should be able to see most of it now. Mostly on pages 1 and 3 I think. There’s a LITTLE bit on 2, but not much…

Viskar Zhragoth:

HB, would love to see the painted models, but it is still coming up mocde or deleted from photobucket on my view…

please try again.

Viskar Zhragoth

Hashut’s Blessing:

ARGH! I shall go investigate :wink:

EDIT: Hokay! It should be sorted now! If not: this let’s you into the album :wink:

Kera foehunter:

argh is a pirate word H B so drop and give me 20 push up!!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Nay, me wee lassie :wink: I am no sub! Now drop and bake me 20!

Kera foehunter:

what 20 crab cakes !!

if you take 14 pictures it will be fine

Hashut’s Blessing:

A cake be a cake and ye get pics when I’ve had me fill :wink:

Kera foehunter:

that will never happen * kera walks off

Hashut’s Blessing:

Devours cake anyway

My camera is at uni :wink: Meaning I cannae take pictures until the 4th at the earliest.

Willmark:

This is a blog about HB’s army??? :wink:

Hashut’s Blessing:

I didin;t say it was a blog, it’s merely pictures, but it basically is. Apparently :wink:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Right, well, it’s been far too long, once again. I actually have most of a Chaaos Dwarf army painted now. Admittedly, it’s not great so far and needs more CD units, but that’s all in the pipelines. I plan to start posting some pictures of my army over the next few weeks. Once that’s done, I shall start posting my CD warriors with great weapons! I still need to upload my tutorial for big hat style CDs from miners: it could have been done better, but it gets the point across :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, keep your eyes peeled as I intend to take pictures next week when the weather is better and I’ve stolen my camera back from my girlfriend’s.

Kera foehunter:

like that will ever happen i was talking of getting the camera back

we know about your weather

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, I’ve decided that, to whet some appetites (hopefully) and to prove I will get something done, I shall post pictures of all of the work I’ve done previously seen on here, that I remember being on here, that isn’t in this thread already (if I forgot, I may end up reposting, so apologies :stuck_out_tongue: It’s been a VERY long time :smiley: ).

Apologies to all for any bad pictures. If people want better ones taken, please ask!

Artisan’s Contest 2 entry (the theme was a shrine):

The model is to be used as a Warshrine (using Mark of Tzeentch) in a Warriors of Chaos army. I’m thinking of other ways I can include CD related things, such as the Hellcannon, Bull Centaurs in the units of knights etc etc. I’d like to point out here, I didn’t actually realise it at the time, nor in the pictures, not for MANY months afterwards, but my sorcerer’s beard hasn’t actually been painted, lol. Unfortunately, the model is 300+ miles away, so has to wait until at least Christmas to be painted :smiley:

Golden Hat 2 (theme was Rykarth the Unbreakable from Nemesis Campaign):

I hate how poorly these pictures came out, but I love the model. I have used an Ironbreakers Command. The body is that of the musician, minus horn and head. I have had to change the position of the feet as well. The new head is the commenader’s head with some greenstuff to blend it into the body. The axe is simply three plastic axe heads from the dwarf boxes. I sculpted on a new beard and clipped the hair off from the back, sculpting some of my own. The severed head is simply a bearded, hatted Empire state troop’s headThis was my first attempt at using greenstuff and I think it came out quite well. In the fluff that I wrote for the Nemesis Crown campaign, I had Rykarth become the head of the Immortals and debated between his personal unit being the Granite Guard and the Obsidian Guard because he just seemed to fit this so well. His original fluff merely stated that he was the only one able to stare down Archaon. Seemed fitting and so that was his role for the campaign and will be his role in all of my games. NOTE: The Indy GT list seems to have found the Nemesis Crown fluff and liked the same idea or had coincidentally very much the same ones as me :wink:

Golden Hat 4 entry (theme was 5, non-command, slaves):

These were the only models I had made at the time that seemed fitting, so I set to work painting them. More than anything, I was trying to get a colour scheme decided upon for them and to enter the Golden Hat as it’s always fun. I never expected to win, nor to get any votes. If you look at the voting thread, you’ll see that I didn;t deserve any either and, fortunately, the results reflected that. Well done to the others! (It did spur me on to make what I feel is a rather cool front rank. My next entry is the unit commander for them :stuck_out_tongue: )

Golden Hat 5 entry (theme was a banner bearer):

I decided to be a little less convetional and enter my champion as he had a back banner. I found that my only Chaos Dwarf army unit to have a banner by this point was my Orc unit. The actual standard bearer isn’t all that great or interesting (I need to repaint the Orcy image on the front) and I enjoyed making and painting this one. I wanted others to enjoy it too. Short story is: the weapons are ogre ironfists (one is upside down because they are only left handed), the back banner is a piece of sprue with the skull banner top on top of it. I glued it onto his back and then greenstuffed some leather belts to make it seem like they were holding it on. I also chose to give him the mask to make him stand out even more, alongside given him the most armoured body and legs in the box: he’s the Boss, he gets the best loot :wink:

Golden Hat 6 entry (theme was a Gaoler from the recently released [at the time] Border Town Burning Mordheim supplement’s Black Dwarf warband):

I really love this model, but didn’t quite manage to do what I wanted with it: I was hoping to be able to sculpt on triangular leather scale mail, but had to settle for the mail he already had as my GS skills hadn’t developed much by this point. The base model is a Dwarf Treasure Hunter for Mordheim. I ignored his backpack and removed hisequipment, leaving just his body, clothes and the pole in his right hand. I greenstuffed the hole on his back and made it to be leather (I.E. smooth and flush with the shoulder edging), I cut a spear marauder horsemen spear and shave it to a point, gluing it into his left hand to be a red hot poker (counting as an axe in game [the idea came from him being a VERY torturous gaoler] as a red hot poker would certainly piercer through armour somewhat more easily [or else squish against it, lol]) and glued four spare dwarf helmet horns to his helmet to CDify him without dismantling another of my precious few big hat models. For his man-catcher, I didn’t have much to hand, so went against my usual roots and made it daemonic: it has a chaos spawn mouth on the end and a pair of daemonettes claws glued to the sides. Minimal greenstuff to smooth it and blend it into one piece. Proved very effective in my first game, catching 5 out of 6 members of Sousonou’s warband (including his leader!), then ctaching the last and killing it’s pet dog in the next game :smiley: We’ve not played since :wink:

Golden Hat 9 entry (theme was Bull Centaur of any kind as long as it was clearly a Bull Centaur [so, no spider orcs for example]):

I had my H’thark the Unstoppable model (with axe and shield) painted and ready, but it felt bland and uninspired. So, I chose to be inspired! By Kera Foehunter, as it happens. Quite some time ago, she made a post with an idea and some pictures of some brilliant Bull Centaurs that used Gor bodies for the legs. I stole this idea, with the purchase of 10 beastmen bodies (5 were Gor and 5 were Ungor!), I set to work. I placed the Gor body at the front and clipped the Ungor in half. trying to remove as much tabard as possible. I then used the top half of the ungor to join the two bodies (this may be a little short for most people and, personally, is slightly so for me too: just add some scrap plastic/GS to make it longer) and had the basic shape. I added a VERY old white plastic dwarf head that I found in a bitzbox buy I’d recently made and glued it on, cutting off its helmet and drilling into its soft brains. I pushed a pin through with some glue on and the hat was partially done. I glued on marauder arms and they were done (one already had the shield on): I spent a LONG time debating two hand weapons or shield and my girlfriend chose for me in the end. On this model, I think it just looks better, so good choice from her :smiley: Next, I roughly GSed an arrow onto the front of the hat: once dry, I neated in by slicing away what I didn’t need. I then chipped a chunk from the hat and some of the arrow to give him a slightly more battle hardened look. Greenstuff fur all over the bull part to hide the mess and give them a beard and hair (I covered the shouder joins here too). The spider part was just cut off from a spider (becoming a theme in my army, you’ll notice with my “wolfriders”) and sliced into the middle of the abdomen, gluing the black orc axe in place to show he’s deadly AND has a great weapon. Then painted! (Legs are scab red, body is scab red with a watery layer of dwarf flesh to make the flesh red tinted. Fur and beard is black with fortress grey drybrushed on.)

Golden Hat 10 entry (theme was open contest!):

This is my Mordheim warband. I’ve just realised (in the process of making this post) that my entry wasn’t 100% legal as the Gaoler from a previous GH was in it and my bull centaur too, which I only JUSt realised… Fortunately, I got no votes and so all it did was grant all other entrants +1 slave. Overall, not a bad result :wink: I’m VERY pleased I got no votes now: odd that nobody noticed, maybe my miniatures aren’t that memorable :wink: Anyhow, that means that everyone already knows how to make two of my warband. The two Informers (hobgoblins) are the night goblin that came free with WD a while ago and the archer unit champion from BfSKP. The sorcerer is a conversion I’ve been meaning to get done for some time now: a runepriest, although I ended up removing his staff (his rules don’t give him one and a conversion I’m working on for a greenskin army needs it :smiley: ), replacing it with a space marine arm (to imply heavy armour as he is an armoured caster :smiley: ) with a flaming brand hand (not sure which set, maybe flagellants). I added the circlet of flame from the High Elf Wizards box (I only have it because a guy in my roleplaying group wanted an elven mage lol) and plonked it on top. His backpack is to make him look like he’s travelled here and was made simply from a dwarf miner’s steamdrill backpack. A large blob of greenstuff, smoothed and then stretched in places forms his lava-legs to show him just appearing from his Ritual (he got the Lava Walk ritual. I think that’s its name…) and then painted. His eyes are purple in an attempt to show aethyric power (mostly because he’s using it).

Comments are welcome: I also have fluff for my warband and each member in it! It’s also being entered into the BTB competition!

Kera foehunter:

Great stuff hb love the dead spider