[Archive] Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings

Vexxus:

brushes away cobwebs

Lets get this post back up to date! It is nice to see your work finally, apparently I didn’t look hard enough the other day (thank you Knight of Awsome!)

Anywho, saying your stuff isn’t up to scratch is non-sense! The only thing not up to scratch about this blog is photobucket! Perhaps try ImageShack?

Hop to it HB I would love to see more of your stuff!

Kera foehunter:

well still waiting !!!

AGPO:

HB we need pics! I can’t see any of this stuff!!!

Kera foehunter:

still waiting !!! hb

EvilClown:

HB is staying at a mate’s for a couple of days, if I’m not mistaken, so that’s why he’s not responding. Dunno how long he’ll still be away though (can’t remember).:slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

i think he in jail !!! for not posting what he said he do !

the moderator of this site are that way

Sojourn:

he WAS in York visiting a friend, EvilClown is right… but I’d have thought he’d be home by now; or at least online. does York not have internet access!? boooooooooo.

Hashut’s Blessing:

i was busy eating cake as one of my modly duties :wink: I didn;t realise my pictures were down. Well, when I ccan get a camera that will last longer than two minutes, I shall take some new pictures. Yes, this thread IS old, but I had mentioned that there were some pictures of mine floating about somewhere. However, this thread IS definitive proof of my original idea to use crewmen as sorcerers, mwahahahahah!

Knight Of Awsome:

Took your time to find my hidden corner though ;)

Hashut's Blessing
I found this place a very long time ago, and I hid in the darkest corners of it...

I wouldn't mind knowing how many points your army is so far?

Hashut’s Blessing:

I can squeeze 2,000 points with all the Greenskins, but I’m not so sure I want to use that many Greenskins in an army that size. I got some more CDs painted since, so it may be easier. I’ll have to re-do an army list.

Hashut’s Blessing:

They were working for me, so I’ve done quick edit and save changes. if it still doesn;t work, let me know and I’ll change the links properly…

Kera foehunter:

well still waiting Hb but the picture of you eating cake there!!!

ummmmmm angle food cake .

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, it;s long overdue, but time to get rid of some cobwebs. Most of this army was finished about 2 months ago! I’ve just not been able to take pictures. Now, these are, by FAR, not the best pictures and as a result, I didn;t bother with the whole army. Bare in mind, the pictures were taken at about 11:30pm, hence the bad lighting. I shall take some better ones (I hope) tomorrow or failing getting decent ones, will wait for a week and steal my mum’s better camera and use that. Without further ado:

Front of unit 1

Angle of unit 1

Top of unit 1

Front of unit 2

Angle of unit 2

Top of unit 2

As you can see, (in the rear rank) the righthand model doesn;t rank properly. That’s because he can replace the unit champion, but hasn’t been placed on his base to go in the rear rank, but I wanted to show you the numbers involved. As a result, he pushed the other rear-rank model skewif as well.

Front of Hobgoblin archers

Angle of Hobgoblin archers

Top of Hobgoblin archers

With these fellows, I shall have them in a single rank, but it’s easier to set them up for a picture like this and they fit in better. I’ll also most likely have them as two units of 10 because it gives me the option to shoot at one or two targets.

Front of Hobgoblin “wolfriders”

Angle of Hobgoblin “wolfriders”

Top of Hobgoblin “wolfriders”

As I said before, this is just a little sneak peek, so you’ll have to wait for special units, war machines, characters and generally better pictures. I have some parts to start making some bull centaurs and some warriors, but moved to university and haven’t had the space nor time yet, plus I have enough models to game with (2k at least, I believe) for CDs and need to paint a LOT of other models that are already made.

Kera foehunter:

like your wolf rider H.B. lol where the wolf???

cool idea thow!!!

Thommy H:

You need to sort out those mold lines and do some basing - I think you’ll be surprised how much those two simple steps will improve the look of your figures.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Well I just assume that the bases are not finished like that. Because they aren’t. :wink: I’m not so much a fan of brown beards for Chaos Dwarfs but at least your models are all painted - which is more than what can say of mine. ^^ I’d also position the rocket launcher / super blunderbuss in the front rank - for safety reasons. You don’t want to blow away your unit champion’s head with the first volley, do you! :smiley:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Originally, the swivel gun WAS in the frint rank, but I have to have command in the front rank, hence why it’s there. Also, I have them the wrong way round, so the swivel gun normally fires between heads. Thommy H, the mold lines are invisible in person :wink: That’s why ya can see them. As for basing, I’ve considered sanding them all and painting it Fortress Grey with Black Ink on, but I’ve never managed to create a model where doing more than painting the base has improved it. The best so far has been that it hasn’t spoilt it and it really wasn’t worth the effort it involved and wouldn’t be army wide. Maybe one day in the future, but that’s not today. Kera, nobody needs a wolf to be a wolfrider :wink: Can always be a rider that is termed a wolf :stuck_out_tongue: So, as opposed to a rider of wolves, they are riders of the wolves.

EDIT: forgot to comment on brown beards. Basically, I wanted a little more variation than just black and the odd blue beard with the occasional one being grey. Just made them a little too plain and boring.

Thommy H:

Everyone underestimates the power of basing before they do it properly, but it really does make a huge, huge difference.

And I really can’t believe those mold lines aren’t visible in person - you can see one along the edge of the Night Goblin boss’s arm from the front. And, hey, even if they aren’t visible, they are there and need to be eradicated :wink:

Hashut’s Blessing:

I don’t underestimate it, just can’t do it well enough for it to IMPROVE the models :wink: Yet. Okay, that one is, but only now that I;ve seen it there :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve noticed that my damned Chaos Black has bled onto the Kommando Khaki in quite a few places too. It’s not as though I didn;t plan to remove the ones I can now see, just saying I couldn’t before.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Finally some pics

and nice one’s too

well done :cheers